Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I forgot he had Andro in his system & I remember those test results too. You're right & that's when Ripped Fuel for banned but maybe that was used as a masking agent for whatever else he was taking

Ripped fuel at no time had any synthetic form of testosterone in it fam. shyt was always creatine.

nikka was cheating but so was his opponent so :manny: I mean who wasnt cheating in the 90s :mjlol:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I forgot he had Andro in his system & I remember those test results too. You're right & that's when Ripped Fuel for banned but maybe that was used as a masking agent for whatever else he was taking

Yeah, I just call it 'ripped fuel' to :troll: about it....but it is what it is. It's always hard for me to rank RJJ where he realistically belongs BECAUSE of the fact he got caught. Same with Mosley who was cheating but people never bring it up.

People always say, "Im happy he beat the loser Margacheato:birdman:" but forget Mosley was also a cheater who fought & beat Oscar De La Hoya while on steroids.....and admitted it:mindblown:

According to SI.com, evidence seized during the BALCO raids showed Mosley had blood work done to measure his hematocrit level, the volume of red blood cells, at 44. In a calendar with his file, the date of July 26 was circled, accompanied by the word "start" and the letter "e," the website reported, and the boxer's level increased to 52.2 by Aug. 8.

"Most men are in the low 40s," Dr. Gary Wadler, a member of the World Anti-Doping Association, told SI.com. "Anything over 50 is considered off the charts."

According to that same calendar, Mosley received a final dose of EPO, which stimulates red blood cell production, on Sept. 8, five days before the fight, SI.com reported.

Report: Mosley admits 'unknowingly' using steroids - USATODAY.com

Mosley had roid juice dripping off his waves & down his face in that fight:manny:

His red blood cell count was "off the charts":damn:

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I mean, I know we all loved and looked up to RJJ as a GAWD, but with grown man eyes now...we have to call it down the middle. Captain Hook had the same stuff in his system as Mark McGwire which no doubt helped him as it did every other great athlete who used PEDs:manny:

Was he "cheating" back then. Technically, no...because it wasn't banned yet. However, he was using PEDs:yeshrug:
I've read plenty of books from dopers, and one of them, I want to say it was Canseco's, cited Andro Fuel (the OTC product at the time) as being downright laughable as the real cause for performance boost. Others have said McGwire just saying he was using Andro was a misdirect, a convenient and believable half-truth that stopped well short of the actual depth of PED usage.

High testosterone levels are a good indicator of PED usage, but because testosterone is only boosted to make better usage of the other stuff your on.

Essentially, if someone tests positive for a testosterone prohormone, that was just a side dish in their PED entrée.

Roy's Ripped Fuel excuse is identical to Bic Mac's Andro Fuel one.
People always say, "Im happy he beat the loser Margacheato:birdman:" but forget Mosley was also a cheater who fought & beat Oscar De La Hoya while on steroids.....and admitted it:mindblown:A cheater is a cheater:manny:
People will sleep on this, especially as when most people think doping they just think muscles. Mosley was blood doping, using EPO like endurance athletes. The fact he had a hemocrit of 52.2 is outrageous.

Even CYCLING had a ban on hemocrit levels above 50 as far back as the late 90's. Blood hemocrit (along with VO2max) are the two easiest measurements of an athletes endurance level, and Shane had a hemocrit higher than what was allowed of a doped up Tour de France champion.

Put it this way, when he fought Oscar, Shane had a higher potential for sustained effort than Lance Armstrong.

That's madness

and people like to throw that (those) loss(es:mjpls:) in Oscar's face

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Newzz check yo boy AB snap he shyt on Arum lol

Huh?:whoo:

Good lookin out breh, I'll be right back..........
aewCbzF.gif

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Well, "ripped fuel" was the excuse he gave (saying it must've been in that)....he tested positive for androstenedione (or Andro as Mark McGwire & Mike Piazza called it).

It's a PED breh, it just wasn't banned at that time in Boxing, but no Boxer today will be allowed to enter the ring with Andro in their system.

I mean, I know we all loved and looked up to RJJ as a GAWD, but with grown man eyes now...we have to call it down the middle. Captain Hook had the same stuff in his system as Mark McGwire which no doubt helped him as it did every other great athlete who used PEDs:manny:

Was he "cheating" back then. Technically, no...because it wasn't banned yet. However, he was using PEDs:yeshrug:

Not technically, he wasn't cheating at all. Every athlete uses performance enhancing drugs, shyt if you use protein powder with BCAA's or any nutritional supplement, you're using performance enhancing drugs.

The question is (just like basketball and other team sports) given the conditions (ie time and rules during that time etc), could Ward beat RJJ?

So ward could be taking ripped fuel twice a hour or every 15 minutes if he'd like.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps

He gonna snitch on Arum, bc he didn't get the fight though?:martin::shaq2::camby:

Well, Broner is not a smart guy and not the type of guy to risk money on breh. Arum just lost a bunch of money. Broner needs to grow up. He won't have Haymon to open doors for him when he trynna run his own company. DUde is dumb as fukk.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Not technically, he wasn't cheating at all. Every athlete uses performance enhancing drugs, shyt if you use protein powder with BCAA's or any nutritional supplement, you're using performance enhancing drugs.

He was cheating. If he wasn't cheating, then it wouldn't be banned breh.

The question is (just like basketball and other team sports) given the conditions (ie time and rules during that time etc), could Ward beat RJJ?

So ward could be taking ripped fuel twice a hour or every 15 minutes if he'd like.

SOG vs RJJ in a "Ripped Fuel" match?

SOG wins:yeshrug:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
he been said that that he had a meeting with arum.

must been some other crazy as shyt going on that he left out.:merchant:

I mean, if it wasn't important enough to bring up before....why try and bring it up now? Bc Arum is going elsewhere in October? Sounds like he's on vacation in Salt Lake City to me:manny:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I mean, if it wasn't important enough to bring up before....why try and bring it up now? Bc Arum is going elsewhere in October? Sounds like he's on vacation in Salt Lake City to me:manny:

yeah cause I don't want him to mess up a future craw/broner match!!

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
they said if Oscar beat vargas on roids he should have been able to beat shane on roids.:troll: