Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Yeah man. I can't defend this shyt if nelo doesn't fight a legit opponent next I'm moving him to #SOG_soldier team tier 2. I want nelo to fight Charlo tho. I think that fight does more for him :yeshrug:

The fight is cool in the sense that I feel like I know what him and his team is trying to do (if Canelo is Champion at 154, then that means he can still make 154 like he's always said and that he's NOT a legit Middleweight....so if he ever fights GGG a catchweight HAS to be back on the table, bc Canelo and him aren't the same size). Also, it gets Canelo another chance to add a Championship and "Champion's name" on his resume in Liam Smith....regardless of how good/bad people think Smith is, he's a Champ.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
he getting paid 2 mill for lesser opposition though.:manny:

Sounds like he's getting the treatment from HBO that the PBC haters claimed Haymon would ruin the sport with:sas1:

Got 2 million to face Dominic "Domestic Violence" Wade while Thurman only got 1.4 million to face the much tougher opponent Porter:sas2:

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Exactly.

It's like there's no rhyme or reason to these fights. Oscar not even plugging in the 2nd controller. nikka doing random player select for Canelo's opponents. :mindblown:

He could have moved up and fought Lemieux this fall and then go and fight Saunders in May 2017. Get that belt and make the GGG fight a unification bout.

I mean if the belts don't mean shyt. He could have fought one of the Charlos, Andrade, or JRock at 154 instead of Smith who hardly anybody knows or gives a shyt about.
It's crazy.

Look what Arum is doing with Valdez. That's exactly how prospective Canelo/lil g opponents (and ggg himself) should be handled