Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Don't know whether to :francis: or :heh:

Sounds like some more toxic waste coming from lil g camp
Nah, I mean I saw it coming. The way Canelo's and GGG's fight dates lined up, I knew in order to risk negotiating with Canelo they would lose a mid summer fight. IF they would have secured something he couldn't have turned around for September.

In negotiations Canelo holds the power of yes/no, cause GGG is already a yes. A bit suprised they are talking putting a Eubanks fight on so quick, I thought it might take longer and we would see it late September or October.

:yeshrug:

Assuming GGG beats Eubanks, it will be interesting to see where they go after that. Canelo is a no, Jacobs says he is a year and a half away, and BJS has dropped out of negotiations twice.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I mean I saw it coming. The way Canelo's and GGG's fight dates lined up, I knew in order to risk negotiating with Canelo they would lose a mid summer fight. IF they would have secured something he couldn't have turned around for September.

In negotiations Canelo holds the power of yes/no, cause GGG is already a yes. A bit suprised they are talking putting a Eubanks fight on so quick, I thought it might take longer and we would see it late September or October.

Assuming GGG beats Eubanks, it will be interesting to see where they go after that. Canelo is a no, Jacobs says he is a year and a half away, and BJS has dropped out of negotiations twice.

168 is always an option:sas2:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Nah I don't agree

ggg fought wade 4/23 canelo fought khan on 5/7?

So what was he going to do fight in April/August/December?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Canelo Alvarez planning HBO fight on December 10

Canelo Alvarez planning HBO fight on December 10
By Scott Christ@scottchristBLH on Jul 1, 2016, 3:51p 8

GettyImages-531222304.0.jpg

Christian Petersen/Getty Images

Canelo Alvarez has his next fight set, an HBO pay-per-view main event on September 17 against WBO junior middleweight titleholder Liam Smith, in a matchup that doesn't have many fans excited, and has some openly angry, not just at what is perceived as a poor matchup, but that it will be another expensive pay-per-view.

But Alvarez, 25, is planning to fight again on December 10, according to ESPN.com, and that fight would be on regular HBO. No opponents have been discussed, but Dan Rafael says the plan is for Alvarez to carefully work his way up to 160 pounds, which is at least a good sign for his possible September 2017 fight with Gennady Golovkin, even though a million other things could shut that down in the next 14 months.

Alvarez (47-1-1, 33 KO) last fought on May 7, knocking out Amir Khan in the sixth round in what was also a heavily criticized pay-per-view event. There's a pretty good chance, it would seem, that Canelo Alvarez is going to fight three times in 2016, and probably not have the caliber of opponent you would want to see of a top fighter.

:duck:

Then what's the point of fighting Smith for the WBO JMW Championship then?:jbhmm:

There's no way Canelo is going to fight GGG at 160 next year imo:yeshrug:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

It's obvious what there motives were by signing to fight Liam Smith....I gotta pull a Pat Horowitz for seeing it coming.

barry-horowitz-o.gif

Catchweight Controversy will forever be tied to a GGG vs Canelo fight ever happening:wow: