Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Idk much about either fighter so I can't say:yeshrug:

So you don't know much about Andrade huh? We'll address this later...:sas1:

But canelo is the biggest draw in the sport of he wanna fight a no hopers in preparation for lil g then that's okay in my book. The same way it was okay for bum ass Bradley to "duck" amir con since he had a manny fight lined up.

He's not in preparation to fight GGG. You don't fight a 154lber in order to prep for the best 160lber in the world at the 160 weight limit.

Bradley had a Manny Pacquiao fight lined up....Canelo doesn't have a GGG fight lined up.

Besides like you nikkas said the lil g fight looks like it's gonna happen at 160 this is what y'all wanted right? :stopitslime:

I never said that. I said Canelo vs GGG at 160 is nothing but :duck: and it's not going to happen...Canelo is rightfully moving back down to 154:comeon:

And andrade is nothing special imo. He big that's about it. No way in hell he's the second best at 154 :russ:

Jrock
Lara
Canelo

Would ask snatch his soul :camby:

Gas a nikka up cuz he fought bum ass Willie Nelson

:sas2:But you just said you don't know much about him, but now you got a scouting report of him on deck?:mjlol:

:forreal:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
So you don't know much about Andrade huh? We'll address this later...:sas1:

He's not in preparation to fight GGG. You don't fight a 154lber in order to prep for the best 160lber in the world at the 160 weight limit.

Bradley had a Manny Pacquiao fight lined up....Canelo doesn't have a GGG fight lined up.

I never said that. I said Canelo vs GGG at 160 is nothing but :duck: and it's not going to happen...Canelo is rightfully moving back down to 154:comeon:

:sas2:But you just said you don't know much about him, but now you got a scouting report of him on deck?:mjlol:

:forreal:
I seen two Andrade fights both was against nikkas nobody heard of like 95% of his resume:russ:

Face it he a fanless bum and besides this nelo first fight at junior middleweight in years he deserve a soft touch :yeshrug:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Dammit floyd :snoop:..that boy is not ready for a title shot

They trying to rush another TMT fighter to get a Championship, but Tank might be a little too green for Sniper.

Tank's defense and stamina are both very suspect at this time and I'd be VERY surprised if he beat Pedraza. Actually, I would see it as an upset to be real:heh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I seen two Andrade fights both was against nikkas nobody heard of like 95% of his resume:russ:

Face it he a fanless bum and besides this nelo first fight at junior middleweight in years he deserve a soft touch :yeshrug:

What 2 fights did you see him in?:mjpls:

And to call Andrade a bum is like calling yourself a casual fan of boxing:manny:

Lastly, Canelo just fought at Junior Middleweight as recently as May of last year:dead:

Soft touch? 3 of Canelo's last 4 opponents (including Smith) were soft touches:yeshrug:

Last edited:

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

And to call Andrade a bum is like calling yourself a casual fan of boxing:manny:

Lastly, Canelo just fought at Junior Middleweight as recently as May of last year:dead:
Don't remember tbh:yeshrug:

One was one hbo I think :yeshrug:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
They trying to rush another TMT fighter to get a Championship, but Tank might be a little too green for Sniper.

Tank's defense and stamina are both very suspect at this time and I'd be VERY surprised if he beat Pedraza. Actually, I would see it as an upset to be real:heh:
Pedraza right now is as peak as anything..Davis only chance of winning that fight is by a KO or fukkery...way too green outside of that you beat him any other way

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

Soft touch? 3 of Canelo's last 4 opponents (including Smith) were soft touches:yeshrug:
How is a future hall of famer in amir con a soft touch?

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

I forgot that Canelo recently fought at Junior Middleweight still fact remains he moving back down, he should have the leway to fight a tuneup fight before his next move

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 7/1/16:

- Doesn't disagree with the opinion it could be hard for Eubanks to last 6 rounds vs. GGG.
- GGG could fight Aug. 27, but likely will be Sept. 10.
- Abel Sanchez raves about Gassiev. He has a good chance to beat Lebedev.
- Broner vs. Pacquiao is far from being done because they are unsure what Manny's senate duties will be. Arum says he can make a deal with Haymon on the fight and put a hold on the Oct. 18th date. He is going to the Phillippines next week to find out more of what Manny's schedule is.
- Scored Porter vs. Thurman 115-113 for Thurman. Most people at ringside had it scored the same way.
- Ward vs. Brand isn't a very good fight, but Brand was willing to take the fight on short notice and for short money. There will be no opening fight shown.
- Ortiz vs. Ustinov could possibly land on the Canelo-Smith undercard.
- Canelo vs. Smith will either be in Texas or Vegas.
- Canelo's resume? Outstanding.
- NY is more stringent than other states on medical requirements. Just because Mares was denied a license in NY doesn't mean he couldn't get one elsewhere. Mares did have surgery for a detached retina a few years ago.
- No news on Gamboa.
- No news if Glowacki vs. Usyk will be on US TV. Haymon owns the rights, so it may get on Showtime or Showtime International.
- Fury has provided no medical proof to the media of his injury.
- Doubts Alvarado can get back to be a top level fighter again.
- Shelly Finkle got rid of most his contracts, but still advises Wladimir Klitschko and owns part of Wilder's contract.
- Really liked what he saw from Hurd and Molina didn't impress him.
- Ward vs. Kovalev PPV buys? Maybe 225k. Does not know the financials and how many they need to do to break even.
- Believes both Joshua and Parker will fight one more time and then fight each other, possibly early next year.
- Lafreniere vs. St. Juste was a sick fight (this year) and the crowd in Montreal was going crazy. Pure violence.
- Reid was probably beating Trinidad through 6 rounds and then got destroyed.
- Thoughts on Jacobs saying he wants to fight GGG in a year and a half? He loves Jacobs, but GGG would destroy him. He can continue to defend is JV title and GGG can worry about bigger fish.
- Chocolatito likely getting an HBO fight this September, possibly moving to 115 to fight Cuadras.
- MAB should make the HOF next year. Would love to see Corrales get on the ballot.
- Thoughts on Lubin? Terrific prospect who just needs fights vs. better opponents. Could get a title fight next year.
- PBC a year from now? Definitely won't be on NBC and likely won't be on ESPN.
- Favorite boxing movie? Rocky 3.
- Vargas vs. Salido is still his FOTY.
- Favorite ODH fight? Vargas was great, but probably Mosley 1.
- Would Sanchez or Chavez Sr. go in to the ring and say Mexican's don't fukk around and then wait a year and a half for a fight? No.
- Bradley is off for the summer and TR will look at options for him either late 2016 or early 2017.
- Believes Crawford moves up to WW next year.
- Thought Showtime over called (hype) the action in Thurman-Porter.
- Spence vs. Garcia? Spence.
- Would a prime Paul Williams be the best fighter at 147 right now? Yes.
- Was Spinks vs. Tyson the most terrified he saw a fighter in the ring? Grant looked pretty terrified vs. Lewis. Bruno and Seldon were pretty terrified vs. Tyson.
- Believes Lomachenko will be a HOF'er when he is done.
- Would vote for Sergio Martinez for the HOF, but not Jermain Taylor (Taylor's resume is not very good besides two debatable wins vs. Hopkins).
- Likes Angel Garcia and Garcia knows it is about the show when the cameras are on. Has had many normal conversations with him.