Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

:damn: at the utter dismissal of Terence Crawford by Michael Koncz:damn:

I would favor a Crawford upset over Pacquiao just like I do Broner:wow:

I really don't know why anyone ever thought Bud was a legit option for Manny.
At this point in his career The Senator is going to only take a high risk for a high reward and Bud aint well known enough to generate the money to be worth the risk.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Bread and J Rock were part of the commentary team for the PBC on FS1 card....and they did a good job:ehh:

However, something about this tweet...

...makes me go :dame:

476537_o.gif

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
PACQUIAO VS. BRONER INCHING CLOSER TO REALITY; ARUM RESERVES OCTOBER 15 AT MANDALAY BAY
By Ben Thompson | June 30, 2016

mannypacquiao7.jpg

Sources close to the situation have informed us that an intriguing clash between 8-division former world champion Manny Pacquiao and 4-division former world champion Adrien Broner is inching closer to reality. According to a report in the Los Angeles Times, promoter Bob Arum has already reserved an October 15th date at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada for Pacquiao's comeback. Although Arum did stress that there's no guarantee that Pacquiao will be available due to his new position in the Philippine Senate, it's highly unlikely that the veteran promoter would make such a move without having some insight into his fighter's plans.

It should be noted that Arum's reservation of the October 15th date lends credence to a recent claim by Golden Boy Promotions Vice President Eric Gomez, who revealed, "I do have it under good authority that [Pacquiao] is fighting Broner in an October pay-per-view." While Arum may have downplayed Gomez's comment, he did admit that Broner was one of three opponents under consideration to face Pacquiao, the other two being undefeated WBC welterweight champion Danny Garcia and undefeated WBO jr. welterweight champion Terence Crawford. Pacquiao's advisor, Michael Koncz, has already ruled out Terence Crawford, and according to our sources, Broner is currently the frontrunner to land the assignment. In fact, we're told a deal is "extremely close to being finalized." The one sticking point, however, could be Broner's asking price, which is rumored to be upwards of $10 million, but we're told the money won't be an issue since Broner will ultimately be receiving his highest purse to date.

PACQUIAO VS. BRONER INCHING CLOSER TO REALITY; ARUM RESERVES OCTOBER 15 AT MANDALAY BAY || FIGHTHYPE.COM

tumblr_inline_o6ec7dnw3F1u5hohy_500.gif

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
At this point in their careers Broner could give Pac a beat down. It all depends on which Broner shows up. I could see him walking Pac down

Me too....right behind his high guard or sit back and clip Pacquiao with a left hook or uppercut when Pac lunges in with his "jab-jab-straight left combo" he throws a million times a fight.

Broner is bigger, stronger, younger, with power, hand speed, punching accuracy................................................................................and hungry (he's been in the gym since april).

Pac has much better footwork, even more speed, even more power, & much more stamina.......................................but he's a come forward fighter with no head movement who gets very wild at points in the fight trying to land 4-5 punch combinations. He can be caught (Im always going to bring up Bradley lifting him off his feet with a counter) and his chin isn't as good as Broner's.

People that say Pacquiao will win, I expect them to say that. He should be the favorite due to his resume and what we've seen from him over the years. I just feel like Broner can pull the upset and always have due to their physical dimensions and how what they're good at/bad at and how it matches up with each other.

Basically, styles make fights and I think Broner's style/mental approach to the fight will help him steal the win over the smaller Pacquiao.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
At this point in their careers Broner could give Pac a beat down. It all depends on which Broner shows up. I could see him walking Pac down
Dunno if Broner's fast enough to work through all that. We saw what happens when you try to stalk Pac (Margarito). The only one who's been successful has been Floyd and JMM after fighting Pac twice.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Dunno if Broner's fast enough to work through all that. We saw what happens when you try to stalk Pac (Margarito). The only one who's been successful has been Floyd and JMM after fighting Pac twice.

Pac could outwork him But my gut's telling me not to overlook the younger fighter that can land solid counters & straight rights.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Pac could outwork him But my gut's telling me not to overlook the younger fighter that can land solid counters & straight rights.
I would predict a Pac win, but it'll be a good fight that I pay for. Dunno about Broner asking for $10MM though :heh: If I was him I'd take the fight on whatever $ they give me and ask for a lil back end PPV money, personally. Especially if AB wants to build himself into a PPV fighter.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

"I ain't no one time champ"

tumblr_inline_nyhxuyPhJT1tfmuex_500.gif

Fight will happen beginning of 2017

Lil Kee Kee already said one more fight for each N then unify...N the Berto fight been made (allegedly)

Swift vs Berto
Thurman vs WBA mando

Hopefully Thurman doesn't take a 6 month vacay playing the flute N he stays away from Costco