Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I always thought Ghost would've gotten his ass whooped against Chino.

The Thurman one had me tight because Maidana agreed to fight him, then pulled out when his team did their scouting report on One Time, basically said "he's too big :whoa:

If that ain't a duck, I don't know what is

Yeah, he would have given Ghost the Salido treatment if they fought.

Thurman would have been dribbling him around the ring. Chino ducked that fade and acts like the Alexander fight never happened. :mjlol:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good best ive faced...gave ortiz his respects as his hardest puncher..im very surprised devon was not picked in any category...devon had an easier time beating him than anyone else
ortiz was a hell of a fighter for 5 mins
very short run but he was solid
ppl will act like he was a bum in retrospect but i remember ppl being very interested in his fight against floyd because he was bigger, stronger, had crazy punching power, and was a south paw.

salute to broner for being the strongest:ehh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I pad like 400 for that floor seat (which is still less than what they really are). Nah, at Barclays there's security everywhere. No you can't move around like that. I was able to move around the floor only because I was there already.

As the night progressed though it became harder to move around. Before the main even I saw a couple people I was trying to approach (J-Rock, Quillin, and Brooklyn, Nets GM Sean Marks) but security was pushing us back because there was a line blocking the isle.

Then after the main event you could move around more freely. I was able to go up to Wilder and take a picture. He was real cool. All the fighters I met were cool for the most part.
Nice breh. I'm telling y'all floor seats are where it's at. The only fighter I got a chance to chop it up with that was a jerk Golota. And to say the least he has a history of being an a$$hole.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Nice breh. I'm telling y'all floor seats are where it's at. The only fighter I got a chance to chop it up with that was a jerk Golota. And to say the least he has a history of being an a$$hole.

floor/ringside seats is the way...exactly how i got to meet gary russ and his peoples plus paulie..and shooting the shyt with chad and the wife

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yea basically major networks. Personally, they can throw Spike, TruTV, and Bounce to the bushes and use ESPN and NBC Sports for B and C level fights and fight cards.

I doubt they go that route but one can dream..
Nah breh, I agree with throwing NBC sports to the bushes, but I would do it like this.

ESPN/Bounce=FNF quality shyt (obviously). I met about 25 PBC fighters I've NEVER heard of at the Chicago event just a simple dap and keep it up moving and I was shocked.
Spike=The next two levels above ESPN. Having an AB headlining on Spike (if he's gonna face someone from the 'up and coming' stable) with #BeterBeast on the undercard is entirely possibly. Basically have this be your 'rising stars' channel, not your prospects channel.

Finally the major networks. They need to pick one. Have them be a major headlining card with only one undercard fight (and make it be a damn good one). Much respect to Fonfara, Lubin and warren/payano, but that wasnt a NBC caliber fight. The big conundrum is Showtime.

All this being said, Al Haymon is Harvard educated and his buddy Schaef dog just got back in the game. If Kell Brook wasnt such a hoe, he'd be doing Joshua #s in England and fighting PBC fighters. :yeshrug: I still think it's been great for boxing.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
floor/ringside seats is the way...exactly how i got to meet gary russ and his peoples plus paulie..and shooting the shyt with chad and the wife

Thank you

I can't even imagine watching a fight live and not having floor/ringside type seats anymore. You miss out on so much fukkery when you don't. It definitely enhanced the experience, because when my wife and I watched Barthelemy/Bey again at home the fight wasn't as exciting and you really noticed the lulls in action. Fight was still entertaining and I had Bey winning narrowly, but the times when he ain't pick it up were glaring and I can see how Rance's activity won him the bout.

I'll just always prefer clean punching though. :manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Thank you

I can't even imagine watching a fight live and not having floor/ringside type seats anymore. You miss out on so much fukkery when you don't. It definitely enhanced the experience, because when my wife and I watched Barthelemy/Bey again at home the fight wasn't as exciting and you really noticed the lulls in action. Fight was still entertaining and I had Bey winning narrowly, but the times when he ain't pick it up were glaring and I can see how Rance's activity won him the bout.

I'll just always prefer clean punching though. :manny:

yeah that experience def made up for my other lone ringside seat experience: billy dib vs mike oliver on a FNF main event :francis: because that bum allan green faked and trolled his way out of facing eleider alvarez on the day of the fight which was the main event if i remember correctly..nothing was wrong with that nikka..he just didnt want to fight:francis:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ortiz was a hell of a fighter for 5 mins
very short run but he was solid
ppl will act like he was a bum in retrospect but i remember ppl being very interested in his fight against floyd because he was bigger, stronger, had crazy punching power, and was a south paw.

salute to broner for being the strongest:ehh:

ortiz had an upside and could have had a better and strong chance of beating floyd..but when he beat berto i REALLY wanted him to sit on his title for a couple defenses mininum...he had the physical tools but his mindstate..i never say this but ortiz needed to get used to being a champion..dude slowly fell apart during the whole buildup and eventually the fight...he shouldn't have faced floyd next

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Why aren't these dudes fighting the #BeterBeast :martin:

Breh, Dawson is still rebuilding. Let him get fully back on track and then that fight with BeterBeast is always there in the future and it'll be bigger if they keep winning.

BeterBeast KOing Dawson now will mean about as much as Broner going to some buffet in Argentina and knocking out Chino. fukking pointless when nikkas ain't ready.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Breh, Dawson is still rebuilding. Let him get fully back on track and then that fight with BeterBeast is always there in the future and it'll be bigger if they keep winning.

BeterBeast KOing Dawson now will mean about as much as Broner going to some buffet in Argentina and knocking out Chino. fukking pointless when nikkas ain't ready.

Come on fam, was that cheap shot to Chino REALLY necessary :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I pad like 400 for that floor seat (which is still less than what they really are). Nah, at Barclays there's security everywhere. No you can't move around like that. I was able to move around the floor only because I was there already.

As the night progressed though it became harder to move around. Before the main even I saw a couple people I was trying to approach (J-Rock, Quillin, and Brooklyn, Nets GM Sean Marks) but security was pushing us back because there was a line blocking the isle.

Then after the main event you could move around more freely. I was able to go up to Wilder and take a picture. He was real cool. All the fighters I met were cool for the most part.

that security was crazy..when i went to meet up with you at that main entrance during that heavyweight "go home" fight after thurman-porter..security still wouldnt let nikkas go past unless they had that promoter pass around the neck :russ:..shyt was kinda ridiculous

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Dunno if AB would be able to beat Maidana if the prize was a buffet breh :yeshrug: but I see your point