Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Fam, the one big 2 piece I saw Thurman land was in the later rounds & it was right hand left hook with him on the move & almost slapping with the left hook. Most of the 2 pieces weren't landing clean bruh. But he was landing some monster single shots though but Porter could see them coming. With the Broner KD he CLEARLY didn't see it or expect it & got dropped. That's why his face was made that smiley because you can tell he wasn't ready for that shot.

Thurman's power is overrated imo breh. There's too many excuses Im reading as to why someone who supposedly has elite Welterweight power can land 203 power punches on someone, who has bad defense and rushes in with their head down over and over again, and most we got out of that was a knee buckle "one time":manny:

Thurman landed 203 out of 405 power punches in the fight....if Swift ever landed that many punches on someone who comes in recklessly like Porter does, he'd KO them:yeshrug:

Matter of fact, most he ever landed on someone in 1 fight was 174 power punches.....and he broke Matthysse's face and fighting spirit:manny:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Thurman's power is overrated imo breh. There's too many excuses Im reading as to why someone who supposedly has elite Welterweight power can land 203 power punches on someone, who has bad defense and rushes in with their head down over and over again, and most we got out of that was a knee buckle "one time":manny:

Thurman landed 203 out of 405 power punches in the fight....if Swift ever landed that many punches on someone who comes in recklessly like Porter does, he'd KO them:yeshrug:

Matter of fact, most he ever landed on someone was 174 power punches.....and he broke Matthysse's face and will:manny:

His power could very well be overrated bruh but Porter has a solid chin & you know it. The only way Swift drops Porter is if he catches him with something he doesn't see. Ask yourself this: do you think Thurman
KO's Mattysse. If Thurman didn't have elite power than Porter would've steamrolled him like Paulie bro

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
His power could very well be overrated bruh but Porter has a solid chin & you know it.

He does have a solid chin...but Thurman's supposed to be the biggest puncher in the division

I don't think Im wrong for expecting the biggest puncher in the division, who just landed 203 POWER PUNCHES on someone who doesn't really avoid punches, to at least score 1 kd.

The only way Swift drops Porter is if he catches him with something he doesn't see.

Truth....but that's why I'm saying that Swift has the advantage on punching accuracy and timing over Thurman and their power is equal.

Ask yourself this: do you think Thurman KO's Mattysse.

No. I actually think Matthysse would give Thurman good work, but lose a 12 round UD.

If Thurman didn't have elite power than Porter would've steamrolled him like Paulie bro

Not true.

Paulie has pillow power....Thurman has good power which I'd give him about a B+ at max. Neither of them have elite power (I.e. Manny Pacquiao has elite power...Thurman doesn't possess that).

Last edited:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
:salute: You're the man now dog!

@Tuaminator your boy Sergio looking extra fruity with a side of zesty........not that I'd say it to his face.

Breh how much did you pay for the floor seats? At Fonfara they literally let me go wherever the fukk I wanted, no fukks given, no promoter pass. Was it like that at Barclays? Mikey looks the same size he did 3yrs ago.
I pad like 400 for that floor seat (which is still less than what they really are). Nah, at Barclays there's security everywhere. No you can't move around like that. I was able to move around the floor only because I was there already.

As the night progressed though it became harder to move around. Before the main even I saw a couple people I was trying to approach (J-Rock, Quillin, and Brooklyn, Nets GM Sean Marks) but security was pushing us back because there was a line blocking the isle.

Then after the main event you could move around more freely. I was able to go up to Wilder and take a picture. He was real cool. All the fighters I met were cool for the most part.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
He does have a solid chin...but Thurman's supposed to be the biggest puncher in the division

I don't think Im wrong for expecting the biggest puncher in the division, who just landed 203 POWER PUNCHES on someone who doesn't really avoid punches, to at least score 1 kd.

Truth....but that's why I'm saying that Swift has the advantage on punching accuracy and timing over Thurman and their power is equal.

No. I actually think Matthysse would give Thurman good work, but lose a 12 round UD.

Not true.

Paulie has pillow power....Thurman has good power which I'd give him about a B+ at max. Neither of them have elite power (I.e. Manny Pacquiao has elite power...Thurman doesn't possess that).

200+ Power punches landed but the hardest shots mostly single shots bruh. If they fought a rematch I think Porter at least gets dropped because Thurman would use the jab more to setup his power punches. Also let's not act like Porter ate those shots like Scooby Snacks bro. He was buzzed at least 3 times that we know of. That should tell you about his power.

But who knows, maybe Porter's chin might be damaged from taking these kind of shots. His next fight will let us know.

Mattysse would get knocked out bruh. I have no doubt about it. He'd be on the end of one of those right hands that your boy ate but the difference is he'd be doing the original Harlem Shake.

If Thurman didn't have elite power Porter would've taken more chances & probably won. This fight reminded me of Page vs Lopez where Page's power saved him from getting steamrolled.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yea basically major networks. Personally, they can throw Spike, TruTV, and Bounce to the bushes and use ESPN and NBC Sports for B and C level fights and fight cards.

I doubt they go that route but one can dream..

nah breh Spike has aired the best PBC cards to date...the others need to follow in Spike's shoes