Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
A
Yup, I notice all of the defensive guys did that well. Floyd does it, along with Toney and Bryd (must be a Michigan thing)

Thurman was looking like Bradley against Provo at times. Squared up flailing like he's fighting a rabid wolf or some shyt.

I think by him not jabbing enough really prevented him from being ready for some of those Porter onslaught/bull rushes. It's like he would be surprised dude is right up in his grill. Like he forgot his jab can help control that from happening.

Breh my voice is still sore from yelling to jab man :snoop:

Even my wife was like :mindblown: and when he would jab in the middle of the ring he would be successful and land something big after it but he would go right back to loading up :why:

I think nikkas got to him with that run time shyt along with Porter pops talking crazy and he felt he had something to prove. I'm not complaining because we got a great fight out of it but I think this type of situation is going to lead him to take his first loss.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
fukk the lighting, but shout out to Wilder

20160625_232839_zpssi5c9ytn.jpg
Didn't know you posted here Mr. Thurman :ohhh:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
A

Breh my voice is still sore from yelling to jab man :snoop:

Even my wife was like :mindblown: and when he would jab in the middle of the ring he would be successful and land something big after it but he would go right back to loading up :why:

I think nikkas got to him with that run time shyt along with Porter pops talking crazy and he felt he had something to prove. I'm not complaining because we got a great fight out of it but I think this type of situation is going to lead him to take his first loss.

For real. I agree. I think Thurman fought like he had a chip on his shoulder. Yeah breh, no complaints over here cuz we definitely ate good off that entertainment, but nikkas act like they can't throw jabs and be entertaining too. Nobodys telling nikkas they gotta turn into Winky from the Trinidad fight and only throw that punch, but just fight behind it some. I hope he's over that shyt, but who knows. nikkas were booing him so he had to basically explain in detail like he's a fukking ring poster on why he won the fight in the interview. His next fight, he might do the same shyt. :mjlol:

My wife said Porter fought like he should get drugged tested right afterwards. :heh: (She said that nikka fights like he's on something) She hates the way he's so recklessly wild. She said that nikka needed to jab too, instead of running head first into Thurman hooks and crosses.

I'm just glad that with all the bullshyt that came with this fight (car accidents, nikkas acting funny about money, etc....) casuals and hardcore fans finally got a highly anticipated big fight that lived up to it's expectations. Boxing got it right. :ohlawd:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
For real. I agree. I think Thurman fought like he had a chip on his shoulder. Yeah breh, no complaints over here cuz we definitely ate good off that entertainment, but nikkas act like they can't throw jabs and be entertaining too. Nobodys telling nikkas they gotta turn into Winky from the Trinidad fight and only throw that punch, but just fight behind it some. I hope he's over that shyt, but who knows. nikkas were booing him so he had to basically explain in detail like he's a fukking ring poster on why he won the fight in the interview. His next fight, he might do the same shyt. :mjlol:

My wife said Porter fought like he should get drugged tested right afterwards. :heh: (She said that nikka fights like he's on something) She hates the way he's so recklessly wild. She said that nikka needed to jab too, instead of running head first into Thurman hooks and crosses.

I'm just glad that with all the bullshyt that came with this fight (car accidents, nikkas acting funny about money, etc....) casuals and hardcore fans finally got a highly anticipated big fight that lived up to it's expectations. Boxing got it right. :ohlawd:

I agree totally. Thurman could've made the fight easier & probably could've stopped Porter by working off the jab way more. But I think he wanted to prove a point & fight Porter because of all the talk & calling him Run Time. He didn't clinch & he fought fire with fire by trying to out bomb Porter. Stupid strategy but I'm glad because it made it entertaining for the fans

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

its funny because @ChocolateGiddyUp mentioned dude had to go to the hospital for dehydration afterwards

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I agree totally. Thurman could've made the fight easier & probably could've stopped Porter by working off the jab way more. But I think he wanted to prove a point & fight Porter because of all the talk & calling him Run Time. He didn't clinch & he fought fire with fire by trying to out bomb Porter. Stupid strategy but I'm glad because it made it entertaining for the fans

the catch 22 of boxing

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

He couldn't have stopped Porter breh...he landed way too many clean punches on Porter that he didn't see coming and only "One Time"(:mjpls:) was he able to buckle his knees.

He doesn't have the power to KO him :manny:

I actually rate his power as = to Danny Garcia....except Garcia has better accuracy and timing on his counter punches. Porter would've tasted canvas vs Swift imo.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
He couldn't have stopped Porter breh...he landed way too many clean punches on Porter that he didn't see coming and only "One Time"(:mjpls:) was he able to buckle his knees.

He doesn't have the power to KO him :manny:

I actually rate his power as = to Danny Garcia....except Garcia has better accuracy and timing on his counter punches. Porter would've tasted canvas vs Swift imo.

I gotta disagree with you bro. Thurman couldn't follow up with the single bombs he landed for whatever reason. It could've been ring rust but it couldn't been Porter's defense. If Thurman works off the jab then there's more than a single shots coming & there's the possibility of him getting caught with something he doesn't see or could brace for. Porter's a warrior because a lesser man would've went down from the single shots. Thurman's power is real & more devastating than Swifts. They asked Ghost about those 2 guys power & he flat out said Thurman hits harder

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
@mr. smoke weed You seen that pic I took with your boy Mikey :jawalrus:

Mikey G a real good dude in person. Very humble and well soft spoken. Gonna see if I can come through next month to see his return fight.

Also got to chop it up with Robert for a brief moment, and got to hear him speak to another fan next to me. His boxing knowledge had me like :ohhh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Thurmans power has been overrated.....or it was ring rust.

Need to watch the fight again, but Porter lost it WAY more than Thurman won it.

Be known for swarming, bust a dude's eyelid open and follow up by.........not cutting off the ring? Porter jabs to Keiths cut those last 3 rounds and does a semblance of cutting off the ring the fights his. Instead he put his head down went into with his mitts up and tried to just push Keith back.......without jabbing.

I ain't saying BATB wins that fight.......or am I?

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Porters jab looked better and Thurman got countered many times jab for jab. I think that's partly why he was reluctant to utilize it.