Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
@mr. smoke weed You seen that pic I took with your boy Mikey :jawalrus:

Mikey G a real good dude in person. Very humble and well soft spoken. Gonna see if I can come through next month to see his return fight.

Also got to chop it up with Robert for a brief moment, and got to hear him speak to another fan next to me. His boxing knowledge had me like :ohhh:
Nah post it up breh.

You gotta show these dudes the ring breh they get a hell of a kick out of it

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Nah post it up breh.

You gotta show these dudes the ring breh they get a hell of a kick out of it
I posted it in the fight thread

Got pictures with Mikey Garcia and Sergio Martinez :blessed:

20160625_192724_zpsg34mgnmr.jpg

20160625_193003_zpsvdjoijpd.jpg

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Thurmans power has been overrated.....or it was ring rust.

Need to watch the fight again, but Porter lost it WAY more than Thurman won it.

Be known for swarming, bust a dude's eyelid open and follow up by.........not cutting off the ring? Porter jabs to Keiths cut those last 3 rounds and does a semblance of cutting off the ring the fights his. Instead he put his head down went into with his mitts up and tried to just push Keith back.......without jabbing.

I ain't saying BATB wins that fight.......or am I?

PBC needs Bradley a ton of match ups there for him.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I posted it in the fight thread
:salute: You're the man now dog!

@Tuaminator your boy Sergio looking extra fruity with a side of zesty........not that I'd say it to his face.

Breh how much did you pay for the floor seats? At Fonfara they literally let me go wherever the fukk I wanted, no fukks given, no promoter pass. Was it like that at Barclays? Mikey looks the same size he did 3yrs ago.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I gotta disagree with you bro. Thurman couldn't follow up with the single bombs he landed for whatever reason. It could've been ring rust but it couldn't been Porter's defense. If Thurman works off the jab then there's more than a single shots coming & there's the possibility of him getting caught with something he doesn't see or could brace for. Porter's a warrior because a lesser man would've went down from the single shots. Thurman's power is real & more devastating than Swifts. They asked Ghost about those 2 guys power & he flat out said Thurman hits harder

Pretty much.

Thurman won this fight on some Freitas shyt. Move around the ring and throw bombs and win exchanges. He never even tried to double or triple jab. He'd jab occasionally whether he got countered or not. It's like he was just intent on battling this nikka instead of boxing him and nothing would have changed that.

Porter saw and expected a lot of those punches so he would brace for them head on and make Thurman back up hoping that would take a lil something off of the shots. Hatton did the same thing against Tszyu, but since both like to wrestle on the inside the fight was rough and ugly to watch.

Even though Broner was spamming left hooks against Porter all night, he still threw it at different speeds and it eventually caught Porter big in the 12th and dropped him. Porter truly didn't' see that one coming.

I think Thurman hits harder than Broner and Swift, but not by much. I do think they get more out of their power punch for punch than Thurman does, since they are more accurately deceptive with it.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I gotta disagree with you bro. Thurman couldn't follow up with the single bombs he landed for whatever reason. It could've been ring rust but it couldn't been Porter's defense.

Sorry breh...but Ima have to give you the :comeon: for this statement

Thurman landed 2 piece combinations flush on Porter.....and nothing happened. This happened over and over again, whether the center of the ring, on the ropes, while on the move, etc. Thurman didn't have the power to bother Porter even though he landed the cleaner shots per yall's own review of the fight. To say "it could've been ring rust" is bs. Maybe Thurman doesn't have enough power to get guys outta there at this level. Thurman hasn't KOd a fighter since 2013.

If Thurman works off the jab then there's more than a single shots coming & there's the possibility of him getting caught with something he doesn't see or could brace for. Porter's a warrior because a lesser man would've went down from the single shots.

AB was able to drop him landing a single punch, and Thurman is supposed to have much more power. Thurman hit much more often and much more cleaner than Broner did and all he got was 1 buckle of the knee. Combining that with the fact he hasn't KOd anyone since 2013, maybe his power is overstated.

Thurman's power is real & more devastating than Swifts. They asked Ghost about those 2 guys power & he flat out said Thurman hits harder

Guerrero had bad blood for Garcia...I would expect him to say that. Imo, they have similar power with Garcia getting the edge on punching accuracy/timing:manny:

I have never seen Swift land as many clean punches to the head of someone coming in, as Thurman did Porter, and not drop them in a fight at least once.:yeshrug:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Thurmans power has been overrated.....or it was ring rust.

Need to watch the fight again, but Porter lost it WAY more than Thurman won it.

Be known for swarming, bust a dude's eyelid open and follow up by.........not cutting off the ring? Porter jabs to Keiths cut those last 3 rounds and does a semblance of cutting off the ring the fights his. Instead he put his head down went into with his mitts up and tried to just push Keith back.......without jabbing.

I ain't saying BATB wins that fight.......or am I?

Thurman's power kept him at bay bro. When Thurman landed that huge right hand before the bell in one of the early rounds, I believe it made Porter more cautious of getting caught with something

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Thurman's power kept him at bay bro. When Thurman landed that huge right hand before the bell in one of the early rounds, I believe it made Porter more cautious of getting caught with something
I worded it wrong breh. Keith clearly had a case of ring rust which affected his power IMO. From what I saw he caught Porter clean wit right hands, left hooks and uppercuts that 2yrs ago would have had Porter in an ambulance for a different reason.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I gotta disagree with you bro. Thurman couldn't follow up with the single bombs he landed for whatever reason. It could've been ring rust but it couldn't been Porter's defense. If Thurman works off the jab then there's more than a single shots coming & there's the possibility of him getting caught with something he doesn't see or could brace for. Porter's a warrior because a lesser man would've went down from the single shots. Thurman's power is real & more devastating than Swifts. They asked Ghost about those 2 guys power & he flat out said Thurman hits harder

Thurman got Porter with a couple combos...the one that comes straight to mind was when thurman ducked his head N blasted Shawn with the overhand right then followed up with the left hook which was slappy

I think that was mostly the problem Keith wasn't getting all he could on them punches

I always thought Thurmans Right was his big punch not the left hook N Keith was focusing on the hook alot

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Sorry breh...but Ima have to give you the :comeon: for this statement

Thurman landed 2 piece combinations flush on Porter.....and nothing happened. This happened over and over again, whether the center of the ring, on the ropes, while on the move, etc. Thurman didn't have the power to bother Porter even though he landed the cleaner shots per yall's own review of the fight. To say "it could've been ring rust" is bs. Maybe Thurman doesn't have enough power to get guys outta there at this level. Thurman hasn't KOd a fighter since 2013.

AB was able to drop him landing a single punch, and Thurman is supposed to have much more power. Thurman hit much more often and much more cleaner than Broner did and all he got was 1 buckle of the knee. Combining that with the fact he hasn't KOd anyone since 2013, maybe his power is overstated.

Guerrero had bad blood for Garcia...I would expect him to say that. Imo, they have similar power with Garcia getting the edge on punching accuracy/timing:manny:

I have never seen Swift land as many clean punches to the head of someone coming in, as Thurman did Porter, and not drop them in a fight at least once.:yeshrug:

Fam, the one big 2 piece I saw Thurman land was in the later rounds & it was right hand left hook with him on the move & almost slapping with the left hook. Most of the 2 pieces weren't landing clean bruh. But he was landing some monster single shots though but Porter could see them coming. With the Broner KD he CLEARLY didn't see it or expect it & got dropped. That's why his face was made that smiley because you can tell he wasn't ready for that shot.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
At Fonfara they literally let me go wherever the fukk I wanted, no fukks given, no promoter pass. Was it like that at Barclays?

no...they had barclay personnel at every entrance...the only moving around you could do is within the particular section of your ticket