Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

richboy

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would love a Porter Thurman rematch but later on. I'd rather we mix and match them with these other welters like if brook wins then maybe rematch Porter and have danny fight Thurman or the opposite

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Berto v Swift will do good numbers

Swift v Thurman unification will do the best ratings ever for PBC
Exactly breh. I think Thurman-Porter put some weight behind the fact (not that it isn't obvious) that PBC can do excellent ratings if they put on the right matches. This was a good match and the ratings reflected that fans will watch when the know they are getting a good matchup.
Garcia has a good fanbase, so Garcia-Berto will do well.
If Garcia wins, a Garcia-Thurman fight will probably do the best numbers PBC has seen like you said.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I see everybody is divided on who won the fight.

I had it Thurman 116-112. I see alot of 115-113 for Porter as well. Some had it a draw. Really no wrong decision, I just felt Thurman did the better and more effective work :yeshrug:

Was the FOTY so far though IMO and would love to see a rematch. Although I don't think Porter is staying as WW much longer, so we'll have to weight a bit for that.

Thurman/Swift would really be a tossup, and at first I favored Keith but now I'm starting to favor Danny

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'm I the only one who wasn't in love with Salido vs Vargas??

It was aiight to me but the love I see it getting Ionno :ld:

I feel you my nikka. Like it was a great fight, but Salido's fights with Martinez and JuanMa were better and Vargas previous fight was also better to me as well.

I think in general most cats were kinda anxious to crown something FOTY since it was taking a while for something to happen like that. Then this fight came and the whole weekend of remembering Ali kinda just made nikkas get caught up in the moment prolly overrating it a lil bit.

I honestly think Thurman/Porter was better since the intensity seemed higher and all of the big moments seemed to be more dramatic, but both fights were awesome and FOTY worthy.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I feel you my nikka. Like it was a great fight, but Salido's fights with Martinez and JuanMa were better and Vargas previous fight was also better to me as well.

I think in general most cats were kinda anxious to crown something FOTY since it was taking a while for something to happen like that. Then this fight came and the whole weekend of remembering Ali kinda just made nikkas get caught up in the moment prolly overrating it a lil bit.

I honestly think Thurman/Porter was better since the intensity seemed higher and all of the big moments seemed to be more dramatic, but both fights were awesome and FOTY worthy.

I think it was the lack of danger in Salido Vargas

After a few rds it got repetitive N I felt like neither fighter was gonna hurt or drop the other

Where as for Thurman Porter...it was some edge of your seat...felt like any minute someone might drop the other

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I think it was the lack of danger in Salido Vargas

After a few rds it got repetitive N I felt like neither fighter was gonna hurt or drop the other

Where as for Thurman Porter...it was some edge of your seat...felt like any minute someone might drop the other

Agreed.
That's exactly how I saw it.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Thurman/ Porter was a great action fight and just what we needed as boxing fans. I could have seen it either way, but Thurman does get the nod with the clean punches that he landed. I think they should have a rematch, but not immediate. They need to match up the 1A and 1B fighters right now, Garcia vs. Thurman. That fight should bring us 4+ million viewers. Good night for boxing.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This whole weekend was full of good action fights.

Vera and Korobov gave a pretty good scrap. Vera was getting his ass kicked badly real early, but he came back midway and made it competitive late (even though he got dropped again) Vera was swatted to the canvas like 4 times. Korobov was getting his Thurman on with his mix of movement and power shots.

Alvarado took a good minute to get warmed up. That young cat was giving him some work, until Mike finally started pressing him more and landing big shots. Alvarado looked like all the wars are taking their toll on him now. He almost seemed to have lost a step physically during the 1st half. With that said, he fought through it and won against a kid that wasn't there for a check.

I honestly thought Breaeale would have done more. Dude seemed slow as shyt and fought like he was a second or two behind AJ all night. shyt was a sparring session.

Best of weekend of boxing so far.

Thurman was cuffing with some of those punches during the exchanges on the ropes. I think he would have done more damage had he turned more shots over and really ball up his fists, but I understand with a ultra aggressive nikka like Porter rushing at you constantly, your technique might falter a bit. Still a good performance.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
This whole weekend was full of good action fights.

Vera and Korobov gave a pretty good scrap. Vera was getting his ass kicked badly real early, but he came back midway and made it competitive late (even though he got dropped again) Vera was swatted to the canvas like 4 times. Korobov was getting his Thurman on with his mix of movement and power shots.

Alvarado took a good minute to get warmed up. That young cat was giving him some work, until Mike finally started pressing him more and landing big shots. Alvarado looked like all the wars are taking their toll on him now. He almost seemed to have lost a step physically during the 1st half. With that said, he fought through it and won against a kid that wasn't there for a check.

I honestly thought Breaeale would have done more. Dude seemed slow as shyt and fought like he was a second or two behind AJ all night. shyt was a sparring session.

Best of weekend of boxing so far.

Thurman was cuffing with some of those punches during the exchanges on the ropes. I think he would have done more damage had he turned more shots over and really ball up his fists, but I understand with a ultra aggressive nikka like Porter rushing at you constantly, your technique might falter a bit. Still a good performance.

He was squared up on the ropes he always does that :francis: don't want to make this a convo about Floyd but that's something he does really well whenever he is on the ropes it's his right shoulder touching the ropes so he can put his hips onto his shots.

Thurman was squared up a lot throwing arm punches...I think he was trying to show dude he could play his game too.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
He was squared up on the ropes he always does that :francis: don't want to make this a convo about Floyd but that's something he does really well whenever he is on the ropes it's his right shoulder touching the ropes so he can put his hips onto his shots.

Thurman was squared up a lot throwing arm punches...I think he was trying to show dude he could play his game too.

Yup, I notice all of the defensive guys did that well. Floyd does it, along with Toney and Bryd (must be a Michigan thing)

Thurman was looking like Bradley against Provo at times. Squared up flailing like he's fighting a rabid wolf or some shyt.

I think by him not jabbing enough really prevented him from being ready for some of those Porter onslaught/bull rushes. It's like he would be surprised dude is right up in his grill. Like he forgot his jab can help control that from happening.