Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I thought so as well:obama:

#PorterHouse

I had the same score as the judges but very close fight if it would have been the same score for Porter I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

These dudes fought like this was their 3rd fight in a trilogy instead of their 1st fight :wow:

Edit Thurman being the champ prob edged him the close rounds as well

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I love going on ol spoon faces twitter after a big PBC fight :mjlol:

Beefing with Al Bernstein like a Twitter troll

"Showtime Announcers "sold" the fight too much"

"Its no way near Vargas v Salido for FOTY"

"Vargas/ Salido are levels above Thurman/Porter"

"Vargas Salido showed more skill"

"It was an ok fight"

:dead:

:laff: at Vargas Salido having more skill :dead: I hate these "journalists" so much fam.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I had the same score as the judges but very close fight if it would have been the same score for Porter I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

These dudes fought like this was their 3rd fight in a trilogy instead of their 1st fight :wow:

Edit Thurman being the champ prob edged him the close rounds as well

Yeah...I need a rematch. Was a great fight and definitely lived up to the hype. Was also much better than Pacquiao vs Bradley 3 (the last time 2 RING ranked Welterweights faced off):obama:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yeah...I need a rematch. Was a great fight and definitely lived up to the hype. Was also much better than Pacquiao vs Bradley 3 (the last time 2 RING ranked Welterweights faced off):obama:
That I can agree with breh..the pac-bradley 3 comment...see if PBC makes their top fighters fight each other, good things like this can happen...no Swift-Ghost nonsense..al now needs to make it happen at 154

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

Yeah man Porter fought very well he even won a couple of the exchanges in the middle of the ring which I was not expecting at all :obama: just like Thurman got some while he was on the ropes which I didn't expect either they both were prepared very well. :salute:

I hope this fight did great #s they deserve it.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Porter showed me some shyt...he took Keiths power a lot better then he did Brooks IMO

Shawn was also not as sloppy as I thought he would be...gassing at the end hurt him tho

I think that had a lot to do with Thurman's power. One of those early rounds where Thurman landed that huge right hand before the bell made him more cautious from that point forward. It reminded me of the James Page vs Jose Luis Lopez fight where Lopez would've steamrolled Page had he not the big power to keep him honest

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The CBS-televised headliner carries even more good news, with the fantastic battle pulling in an average of just over 2.4 million viewers according to the first round of ratings results provided by Nielsen Media Research, making it the most watched bout of 2016 to date.

- Overall, the two-fight telecast averaged more than 2.11 million viewers
- Also generated the largest live boxing gate in the history of the Barclays Center
- Thurman-Porter surpasses when Danny Garcia claimed a vacant welterweight belt with a 12-round victory over Robert Guerrero this past January. Garcia-Guerrero generated roughly 2.3 million viewers in headlining the first edition of Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Fox in primetime.
- Both fall short to the most viewed PBC event, which came with the inaugural installment last March when Thurman bested Guerrero in the first NBC primetime boxing telecast in 30 years. The bout averaged 3.2 million viewers, peaking at 4 million viewers, making it the most watched televised contest of 2015.

Thurman-Porter Most Watched Bout of 2016 To Date - Boxing News

MAKE GOOD FIGHTS GET GOOD RESULTS I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS THIS EASY

:pachaha:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
fukk the lighting, but shout out to Wilder

20160625_232839_zpssi5c9ytn.jpg

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
That's the thing..the struggle factor increases with him at 154 again

:dead: You like the uncle that always fukking with people and spitting the real at all time. :laff:

That I can agree with breh..the pac-bradley 3 comment...see if PBC makes their top fighters fight each other, good things like this can happen...no Swift-Ghost nonsense..al now needs to make it happen at 154

Nah man. Those guys have been built since 2011 bro. They been headlining fights on SHowtime and HBO since 2013 and so. ANdrade and J Rock and the Charlos are just gettinmg their namkes out there. DOn't make me start with the Dirrells. Plan for now is in 1 year get Dirrell Joshua as Main event and the rematch as co-main for a PPV. Again, it's just prelim talk and everybody seems onboard.

Porter showed me some shyt...he took Keiths power a lot better then he did Brooks IMO

Shawn was also not as sloppy as I thought he would be...gassing at the end hurt him tho

Yeah man. He was doing well but he couldn't put his punches together like a Maidana. Imagine a Maidana Porter fight ? Maidana messed up badly. Badly

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
The CBS-televised headliner carries even more good news, with the fantastic battle pulling in an average of just over 2.4 million viewers according to the first round of ratings results provided by Nielsen Media Research, making it the most watched bout of 2016 to date.

- Overall, the two-fight telecast averaged more than 2.11 million viewers
- Also generated the largest live boxing gate in the history of the Barclays Center
- Thurman-Porter surpasses when Danny Garcia claimed a vacant welterweight belt with a 12-round victory over Robert Guerrero this past January. Garcia-Guerrero generated roughly 2.3 million viewers in headlining the first edition of Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Fox in primetime.
- Both fall short to the most viewed PBC event, which came with the inaugural installment last March when Thurman bested Guerrero in the first NBC primetime boxing telecast in 30 years. The bout averaged 3.2 million viewers, peaking at 4 million viewers, making it the most watched televised contest of 2015.

Thurman-Porter Most Watched Bout of 2016 To Date - Boxing News

MAKE GOOD FIGHTS GET GOOD RESULTS I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS THIS EASY
I said before this fight that this one was important to PBC to establish numbers within the non hardcore fan base and it looks like it did.

The fight was a win-win. Good numbers and great action, with top fighters.

PBC should capitalize of this and do Garcia-Berto and have the winner (assuming Garcia) face Thurman in the same format. CBS did a great job showing the fight and the Showtime announcers and format was such a relief. If Thurman and Garcia get down it would be a monster and trump those ratings.

It is the fight that needs to happen and puts a lot of power to the PBC brand. Besides GGG-Canelo, this is maybe the biggest ratings fight available and since that fight isn't going to happen for awhile, gives PBC the opportunity to have the biggest fight available, over HBO.