Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
This pretty much confirms Pacquiao vs AB...but Ima still :whoa: back on it until it's officially announced:

Arum: Pacquiao's Options Are Broner, Danny Garcia, Crawford

By Edward Chaykovsky

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has three options in mind for eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38KOs) - if the Filipino superstar intends to return to the ring this coming fall.

BoxingScene.com's Steve Kim first reported last week that Arum was eyeing a date of October 15th for Pacquiao's return, in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao was in action in April, putting in a dominating performance over Timothy Bradley in the trilogy showdown at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Following that win, Pacquiao announced his retirement from the sport, but he also left the door open for a potential comeback.

manny_pacquiao.jpg

During a recent BoxingScene article, Golden Boy Promotions VP Eric Gomez let the cat out of the bag by revealing that Pacquiao already had a deal in place to fight former four division champion Adrien Broner on HBO Pay-Per-View.

Arum admitted to the Las Vegas Review Journal that Broner is under consideration for a Pacquiao's comeback fight, but says 'The Problem' is not the only option being looked at. They are also looking at WBC welterweight champion Danny Garcia and WBO junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford, who next month will face Viktor Postol.

Broner and Garcia are both managed by Al Haymon, who Arum was at odds with for many years. A few weeks ago Arum and Haymon settled their federal lawsuit and now look forward to working with each other.

Arum said there would be no problems with making Pacquiao vs. Broner or Garcia with Haymon.

“I’ll work with (Haymon) in a sense that we’re gonna put animosity aside because it’s stupid,” Arum said to the paper. “Now that we settled lawsuits, if we have a fighter that fights in something that he wants to do and it fits, why not? It’s stupid not to.”

But Arum cautions that Pacquiao, who was recently sworn into the Philippine senate, has no idea if his schedule will permit him to fight again.

“Do I know whether Pacquiao is going to fight again? No. I do know Pacquiao would like to fight again, that I know for sure,” Arum said. “But the question is he’s not going to fight again if it really affects his work at the Senate.”

- See more at: Arum: Pacquiao's Options Are Broner, Danny Garcia, Crawford - Boxing News

Garcia has no choice but to fight Berto or Khan in his very next fight...he's out the mix.

Crawford could POSSIBLY be in the running, but it depends on if he wins his fight 1st...then it depends on the PPV buys not being :scusthov:...and finally if he wins, and the buys are decent, would he be willing to fight Pacquiao almost immediately (He fights July 23, Pac return is October 15. That means he has 10 weeks to recover from any injuries/damage from Postol & get ready for Pac)?
Garcia fighting Manny? :comeon:.... u know Garcia wants nothing to do with even seeing mannys name on the paperwork

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
This pretty much confirms Pacquiao vs AB...but Ima still :whoa: back on it until it's officially announced:

Arum: Pacquiao's Options Are Broner, Danny Garcia, Crawford

By Edward Chaykovsky

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has three options in mind for eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38KOs) - if the Filipino superstar intends to return to the ring this coming fall.

BoxingScene.com's Steve Kim first reported last week that Arum was eyeing a date of October 15th for Pacquiao's return, in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao was in action in April, putting in a dominating performance over Timothy Bradley in the trilogy showdown at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Following that win, Pacquiao announced his retirement from the sport, but he also left the door open for a potential comeback.

manny_pacquiao.jpg

During a recent BoxingScene article, Golden Boy Promotions VP Eric Gomez let the cat out of the bag by revealing that Pacquiao already had a deal in place to fight former four division champion Adrien Broner on HBO Pay-Per-View.

Arum admitted to the Las Vegas Review Journal that Broner is under consideration for a Pacquiao's comeback fight, but says 'The Problem' is not the only option being looked at. They are also looking at WBC welterweight champion Danny Garcia and WBO junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford, who next month will face Viktor Postol.

Broner and Garcia are both managed by Al Haymon, who Arum was at odds with for many years. A few weeks ago Arum and Haymon settled their federal lawsuit and now look forward to working with each other.

Arum said there would be no problems with making Pacquiao vs. Broner or Garcia with Haymon.

“I’ll work with (Haymon) in a sense that we’re gonna put animosity aside because it’s stupid,” Arum said to the paper. “Now that we settled lawsuits, if we have a fighter that fights in something that he wants to do and it fits, why not? It’s stupid not to.”

But Arum cautions that Pacquiao, who was recently sworn into the Philippine senate, has no idea if his schedule will permit him to fight again.

“Do I know whether Pacquiao is going to fight again? No. I do know Pacquiao would like to fight again, that I know for sure,” Arum said. “But the question is he’s not going to fight again if it really affects his work at the Senate.”

- See more at: Arum: Pacquiao's Options Are Broner, Danny Garcia, Crawford - Boxing News

Garcia has no choice but to fight Berto or Khan in his very next fight...he's out the mix.

Crawford could POSSIBLY be in the running, but it depends on if he wins his fight 1st...then it depends on the PPV buys not being :scusthov:...and finally if he wins, and the buys are decent, would he be willing to fight Pacquiao almost immediately (He fights July 23, Pac return is October 15. That means he has 10 weeks to recover from any injuries/damage from Postol & get ready for Pac)?
Crawford gonna flop. I blame hbo tho. This is too soon. They should have made the AB vs Crawford fight but instead they have him fight the lundys of the world :mjlol:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I love going on ol spoon faces twitter after a big PBC fight :mjlol:

Beefing with Al Bernstein like a Twitter troll

"Showtime Announcers "sold" the fight too much"

"Its no way near Vargas v Salido for FOTY"

"Vargas/ Salido are levels above Thurman/Porter"

"Vargas Salido showed more skill"

"It was an ok fight"

:dead:
Foty after Thurman spent 75% of the fight getting his ass whooped and running:mjlol:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
@Newzz Fat Dan and Spoonface gonna have a headache trynna figure out how to discuss a Arum-Haymon collaboration. Arum is very smart and smarter than we give him credit for. He'd be stupid not to work with Haymon given the amount of young fighters Haymon has in his stable.

He's a businessman. Now that collaboration is not good news for Oscar at all. He was begging Floyd to work with him because he found out he got played twice. Arum loves his money. I'd tell you that. He's not gonna let politics get in between him and the cash flow.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
The CBS-televised headliner carries even more good news, with the fantastic battle pulling in an average of just over 2.4 million viewers according to the first round of ratings results provided by Nielsen Media Research, making it the most watched bout of 2016 to date.

- Overall, the two-fight telecast averaged more than 2.11 million viewers
- Also generated the largest live boxing gate in the history of the Barclays Center
- Thurman-Porter surpasses when Danny Garcia claimed a vacant welterweight belt with a 12-round victory over Robert Guerrero this past January. Garcia-Guerrero generated roughly 2.3 million viewers in headlining the first edition of Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Fox in primetime.
- Both fall short to the most viewed PBC event, which came with the inaugural installment last March when Thurman bested Guerrero in the first NBC primetime boxing telecast in 30 years. The bout averaged 3.2 million viewers, peaking at 4 million viewers, making it the most watched televised contest of 2015.

Thurman-Porter Most Watched Bout of 2016 To Date - Boxing News

MAKE GOOD FIGHTS GET GOOD RESULTS I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS THIS EASY

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Porter was taken to the hospital for dehydration... It might be time for him to move up in weight...he stays having to strip to make 147 N now hes going to the hospital after fights
That's the thing..the struggle factor increases with him at 154 again

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love going on ol spoon faces twitter after a big PBC fight :mjlol:

Beefing with Al Bernstein like a Twitter troll

"Showtime Announcers "sold" the fight too much"

"Its no way near Vargas v Salido for FOTY"

"Vargas/ Salido are levels above Thurman/Porter"

"Vargas Salido showed more skill"

"It was an ok fight"

:dead:
Spoonface=Steve Kim?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That's the thing..the struggle factor increases with him at 154 again

Agreed....but what choice does he have??

He supposedly stays near fighting weight during his off months...consistently has to strip to make 147 so that right there tells you it ain't easy... Now he's taking rides on the ambulance cuz he's dehydrated... That's not good

He won't get a big fight for at least 1-2 more fights...so he's going be killing himself to make weight to fight Chris Algieri?? :sadcam:

The whole let's cry about IVs after the weigh ins ain't helping him either... Cuz I remember hearing that's how Porter would rehydrate for fight night