Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Gonna try and make it to this card even tho Paulette tryna weasel his way on it

Fight Thread incoming

Mikey Bike July 30th though breh. You catch the PBC card last weekend, friend?

Yup and it was a great one friend

Dude Lubin beat is on certain promoters avoid list for their prospects and fighters

Lubin gave up weight, reach and experience and bodied him on National TV

Safe to say Lubin a real one :salute:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
can someone link me the fight. Trying not to read anything so i wont get spoiled. Had to work super late :beli:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
This pretty much confirms Pacquiao vs AB...but Ima still :whoa: back on it until it's officially announced:

Arum: Pacquiao's Options Are Broner, Danny Garcia, Crawford

By Edward Chaykovsky

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has three options in mind for eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38KOs) - if the Filipino superstar intends to return to the ring this coming fall.

BoxingScene.com's Steve Kim first reported last week that Arum was eyeing a date of October 15th for Pacquiao's return, in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao was in action in April, putting in a dominating performance over Timothy Bradley in the trilogy showdown at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Following that win, Pacquiao announced his retirement from the sport, but he also left the door open for a potential comeback.

manny_pacquiao.jpg

During a recent BoxingScene article, Golden Boy Promotions VP Eric Gomez let the cat out of the bag by revealing that Pacquiao already had a deal in place to fight former four division champion Adrien Broner on HBO Pay-Per-View.

Arum admitted to the Las Vegas Review Journal that Broner is under consideration for a Pacquiao's comeback fight, but says 'The Problem' is not the only option being looked at. They are also looking at WBC welterweight champion Danny Garcia and WBO junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford, who next month will face Viktor Postol.

Broner and Garcia are both managed by Al Haymon, who Arum was at odds with for many years. A few weeks ago Arum and Haymon settled their federal lawsuit and now look forward to working with each other.

Arum said there would be no problems with making Pacquiao vs. Broner or Garcia with Haymon.

“I’ll work with (Haymon) in a sense that we’re gonna put animosity aside because it’s stupid,” Arum said to the paper. “Now that we settled lawsuits, if we have a fighter that fights in something that he wants to do and it fits, why not? It’s stupid not to.”

But Arum cautions that Pacquiao, who was recently sworn into the Philippine senate, has no idea if his schedule will permit him to fight again.

“Do I know whether Pacquiao is going to fight again? No. I do know Pacquiao would like to fight again, that I know for sure,” Arum said. “But the question is he’s not going to fight again if it really affects his work at the Senate.”

- See more at: Arum: Pacquiao's Options Are Broner, Danny Garcia, Crawford - Boxing News

Garcia has no choice but to fight Berto or Khan in his very next fight...he's out the mix.

Crawford could POSSIBLY be in the running, but it depends on if he wins his fight 1st...then it depends on the PPV buys not being :scusthov:...and finally if he wins, and the buys are decent, would he be willing to fight Pacquiao almost immediately (He fights July 23, Pac return is October 15. That means he has 10 weeks to recover from any injuries/damage from Postol & get ready for Pac)?

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Reading an article on Porter-Thurman from Yahoo and they threw in that their sources said Saunders asked for $4 million to fight GGG, so a Eubanks fight appears most likely.

So this is the second time BJS has de facto turned down a GGG fight. And he keeps throwing out crazy numbers, but hasn't offered a solution on how to make that purse. Eubanks and his team have been aggressively pursuing both aspects. :ufdup: