Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Broner gonna get EMBARRASSED in that fight if true. No disrespect.
Doubt it manny will outwork him imo. But manny will get sloppy and will get caught. At 147 ab got good pop, he will hurt him maybe even drop him. I say manny 8-4. I'm not saying that manny isn't still the best ww in the world if he comes back it's just a bad matchup for him and he is 38. An upset would not surprise me tbh

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 6/24:

- Fury pulling out is probably part injury, part being out of shape. Everyone around him questions his current conditioning. It does smell like BS.
- Picking Thurman, but that isn't a given.
- Steve Willis will ref Porter vs. Thurman.
- Purses: Thurman - $1.4 million, Porter - $1 million.
- It makes sense for the winner of Thurman-Porter to fight Garcia, but with the way PBC drags things out, who knows. Garcia will probably end up fighting Berto next.
- Canelo has not responded to anything regarding making a GGG fight. He has been destroyed on social media.
- Adonis Stevenson has his fight with Williams and then must fight a mandatory.
- Beterbiev is working his way to become Kovalev's mandatory.
- Expects Provodnikov to fight again.
- Announced today: Chad Dawson vs. Eleider Alvarez on the Stevenson-Williams card July 29th.
- Good chance Mikey Garcia returns on the LSC-Framption card July 30th.
- Pauli Malignaggi likely to fight Paul Bracero on the July 30th Frampton-LSC card.
- Vera is tough, but doubts he upsets Korobov.
- BJS does not want to fight GGG and the only way he would take the fight right now is if he gets crazy money. Fighters know they don't just risk a loss vs. GGG, they risk being hurt because of his power.
- GGG's next fight is most likely Eubank Jr. Eubank Jr. is a good fighter who GGG should beat pretty easily.
- Schaefer has not aligned himself with a network yet. He will probably promote some PBC cards as part of his overall business.
- Too premature to assume Pacquiao vs. Broner will happen. Pacquiao just finished "senator school" and Arum says he currently isn't planning anything for him.
- Expects Canelo vs. Smith to bomb on PPV...and it deserves to.
- Right now, Joshua vs. Wilder? Wilder.
- Sosa stopping Fortuna isn't a total surprise. Sosa is a good puncher and Fortuna's chin has been shaky.
- Thoughts on Eddie Hearn? Does a tremendous job overall, knows how to build up a fight, and easy to deal with.
- Great HW fight: Brewster vs. Liakhovich.
- The lawsuit by Povetkin against Wilder is a joke and will go nowhere.
- Told that at the end of this year NBC is done with their relationship with PBC.
- Groves vs. Murray is a toss up fight, picking Groves in a close one.
- Thoughts on if Mayweather is actually retired? Probably not.
- Crolla vs. Linares? Good fight. Favors Linares.
- Does not see anyone at 126 or 130 giving Lomachenko any real problems.

steve willis da gawd ref'n tonite... hope someone gets koed so I can see his reaction.:ohhh::russ:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I thought the same thing. But what does the head of the network thinks?

Shouldn't be anything...PBC has a time slot aka "paid programming" with NBC/CBS/FOX. The network does nothing but air the programming with no costs to them.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shouldn't be anything...PBC has a time slot aka "paid programming" with NBC/CBS/FOX. The network does nothing but air the programming with no costs to them.

This is true. But you never know how it could affect things down the road.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
That only speaks to the casuals and name recognition. Card was exciting:manny:

They don't even try to promote half these cards if it wasn't for browsing this thread I wouldn't have even know what channel that card was on. All them NBC shows pretty much tanked outside of having Swift/AB on the cards how you doing .8 ratings that's some TNA wrestling level try :heh: