Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The highest selling ppv of all time had a slow build. We shouldn't have bought that shyt in retrospect :francis:

They demonic Jewish threw Loma in the card so I had to bite :to:

A 5-6 year build.

Believe me when I say HBO saw that. There will be more slow builds in the future, but on a smaller scale. It is starting with Ward-Kovalev. Canelo-GGG.

Because fighters only fought once or twice a year, that tuneup shyt was dead, at least with top tier fighters. Now tuneups are starting to slowly creep back into the sport on a more consistent basis. It makes sense. These guys are generating views & making money fighting Barry Horowitz type nyggas.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That wasn't a dis breh, sorry if it came across that way. You were a top ring poster not long ago (although sometimes I got you @synistr mixed up :yeshrug:)

Even though boxing has it's fukkery, we've had a fire year so far breh. And it's not even like you have to look far. PBC fpr every ehhh fight they have they have some fantastic one and have card of the year IMO. Manny retired by giving one of his finest perf time ormances over the next best WW. Uchi-Wally getting upset. Rise of Loma, return of Ward (plus he's fightin 3 times this year). 154 turning into heat rocks and those dudes WILL fight each other, entire 130 division, finally HW starting to get interesting etc. shyt boxing has been on normal ass TV for over a calendar year now breh! I went to a PBC card last week spent $140ish bucks and had the best time I've had in a long time (not including ms. smoke weed). Short version boxing is still crack come back and post as your normal self breh, The Ring especially OG thread is fire 6 days out of 7.

This is a real good post. There are some positives. I have been saying for years that I like Wlad, but if he ever lost/retired, it would generate more interest in the heavyweight division. So many fights did not happen (imagine any combination of haye/adamek/povetkin/arreola) years bac, because they where positioning themselves for a Klitchko fight.

@synistr & myself have a lot of similarities regarding the business & evaluating fights, so I understand the mix up. It seems like he may have disappeared around here for the same reasons.

Boxing is a political sport, & I accept that. I would just like to see more balance.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word, his shtick been played out

Word

Don't worry King.

I scrapped the "Hello everyone, I traveled in my deloreon to September 2017. Canelo pulled out because he hurt his pinky. Fight will be pushed back a year" post.

You don't have to worry about that fam.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Word on the curb is that Pacquiao has a fight lined up against Broner :ohhh:

“We’re close to finalizing an opponent. We have a short list. We’re very close. We’ll be announcing it shortly but one of the guys we were interested in was (Manny) Pacquiao. We’d love to do a Pacquiao fight but from what we hear he has a deal to fight Adrien Broner,” Gomez told BoxingScene.com.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Word on the curb is that Pacquiao has a fight lined up against Broner :ohhh:

@Black_Jesus....bring that ass here boy:ufdup:
CHKFz3hW4AAtkLS.jpg

Why yall keep tip toeing around and playing with AB's name:shaq2:

Yall gonna come get this work or is Senator Salt Water gonna stay retired where he's safe?:demonic:

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Pac - Broner? :jbhmm:

Didn't really think about it so far but it would be still interesting. I favour Pac though pretty clearly.

I think everyone would favor Pacquiao in the potential matchup. It's up to AB, if it happens, to prove all the doubters wrong, and I believe he can:aboutbillions: