Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I think everyone would favor Pacquiao in the potential matchup. It's up to AB, if it happens, to prove all the doubters wrong, and I believe he can:aboutbillions:

I think he'll do better than Bradley did :manny:

At least Manny will have to respect his power.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Thurman Porter gotta do at least 3 Milly

Leess then Swift vs Ped/Ghost... Less then AB vs Porter is ok

But if they can't get 3 Milly peak :francis:
I would say PBC will consider a successful night to be if they got between 2.5-3 million.
Anything over 3 million will be considered amazing numbers.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You cant mention Broner without Swift and vice versa.....they are the 1A/1B of PBC right now when we talking about "popularity/draws". That's why.

Swift did 1.1 million vs Herrera on Showtime, somebody who was a complete nobody to even most hardcore fans. To say "if you're not fighting on PPV, that means you're not as big of a star as you think you are" is false. PPV is for fights that cannot be made without extra money coming in to pay the fighters what is required to make the fight.
I think that is a really bad thing for the sport as a whole. Every promoter/pseudo promoter in boxing needs to be worried about that trend and be focused on getting the sport back to the point where PPV was reserved for the fights that had so much interest from the public that giving it away for free would be a dumb business move.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think everyone would favor Pacquiao in the potential matchup. It's up to AB, if it happens, to prove all the doubters wrong, and I believe he can:aboutbillions:
Broner would have to be busier than he tends to be in his fights in order to have a shot against Pacquiao.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I would say PBC will consider a successful night to be if they got between 2.5-3 million.
Anything over 3 million will be considered amazing numbers.
Which is not so good cause in reality those are really shytty numbers for network TV. UFC on Fox pulls those numbers with nowhere near their top stars as headliners

charknicks

All Star
Daps
He a fat Dan minion breh using his acronyms and all that :scust: I was writing a real response till I seen that wwsob shyt and said never mind :dame:

No wonder he in here mad at Canelo n hating on pbc.:martin:

Bruh, not even in this to use anything Fat Dan says (dont read him, not a fan), and I wasnt the one who mentioned anything about WWSOB. Nor am I hating on PBC (I love the idea) or mad at Canelo (except for pushing the fight back a year, dude is my favorite boxer to watch, always in for the fukkery when he fights). I guess Im being read all wrong and misunderstood in this discussion. Regardless, this is still my favorite thread on the forum, and love seeing all the comments/ discussion so keep it coming.

An above poster is harping on my point. Boxing should be drawing much more then 3 million for a network TV fight. PBC should not consider 3 million as successful. So what can be done to improve it/ bring more eyes & money to the product?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I think that is a really bad thing for the sport as a whole. Every promoter/pseudo promoter in boxing needs to be worried about that trend and be focused on getting the sport back to the point where PPV was reserved for the fights that had so much interest from the public that giving it away for free would be a dumb business move.

Exactly.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Which is not so good cause in reality those are really shytty numbers for network TV. UFC on Fox pulls those numbers with nowhere near their top stars as headliners

UFC on Fox 19 did 2.5 million views with Glover Teixera vs Rashad Evans as the headliners

UFC on Fox 18 did 2.68 million views with Rumble Johnson vs Ryan Bader as the headliners

UFC on Fox 17 did 2.78 million views with Rafael Dos Anjos vs Donald Cerrone pt 2 as the headliners

^^^ All of them are known fighters within the UFC world just like Thurman/Porter are within the Boxing community. They are on similar levels in their sports except Teixera, Evans, Johnson have all headlined a PPV while Thurman/Porter have yet to.

Boxing pulling 2.5-3 million views with Thurman/Porter (who aren't nowhere near the top stars in Boxing either) is impressive as well. I could see if it was Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Miguel Cotto, Canelo Alvarez, GGG fighting in a good matchup on free tv....but it's not. It's Thurman and Porter. They aren't top draws in the sport so them doing 2.5-3 million IS impressive.

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Facts. It was a good discussion. @Newzz has no backdown. I dont either. Nothing but respect though. I enjoy reading his posts

Yeah, I love debating Boxing with the brehs and never take it personal because aint none of us actually gloving up on Saturdays (or Fridays on Spike TV:mjpls:), so it's all love:salute:

Different view points are fine:obama: