Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hello everyone,

Here is the four year plan hbo has for the lhw division.

HBO is looking to add a mega ppv fight. Jean pascal vs Chavez Jr. Canada vs Mexico. This is for the vacated NABF title. Early 2018. Build up will begin early 2017. Each guy will have 2 tune ups in 2017. Winner will face the winner of ward-kovalev.

Winners will spend 2019 having tuneups. Will face off fall 2020.

This is hbo's new business plan.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Broner got 1.3 million to face Porter (who received 1 million).......but the fight averaged 2.4 million views and peaked at 3.2 million.

Learn more about what you are attempting to talk about breh. You're coming off full of nothing but words and false info:snoop:

But yet in the PBC era all these guys fought tough opponents & NONE of em received 2 million or more to face them: Broner fought Porter, LSC vs Mares, Swift vs Peterson, Thurman vs Porter, Dirrell vs Degale, McDonnell vs Kameda, Dirrell vs Jack, Lee vs Quillin, Warren vs Payano TWICE, Charlo vs Trout, Frampton vs Quigg

So what are you talking about?:dahell:

Broner got paid almost the same amount to face John Molina Jr (1.25 million) as he did to face Shawn Porter (1.3 million).....so if your "catch-22" was correct, wouldn't Broner had never faced Porter?:jbhmm:

Don't know what you're talking about brehs:wow:

Im not talking about Canelo vs GGG....Im talking about PBC and PPV. You moving goal posts.

- I didnt set a goal post about PBC and PPV. I wasnt even talking about PBC vs PPV to begin with. I was talking about big fights, fighters ducking each other, etc. I dont care PBC, HBO, Showtime. What is your deal, son?
- The fact that you dont know what I am talking about says it all. Its cool though. I noticed that.
- Smh, never made a catch-22, and all things arent equal at every fight, every minute in time. Maybe the budget was there for Broner to get the 'listed' purse of $1.3 million and some more at the back end depending on viewers. They can give him some of the advertising money on the back end. Maybe he was willing to gamble and take $1.3 million for that fight, thinking he would win and cash in heavy on future fights. You gotta think things through. Broner bet on himself to win, as he should have.
- No fighters in PBC are making $2 million/fight cause the PBC isnt profiting as they thought it would. Simple as that. You named 12 fights out of all of the PBC fight so far, and hardcores like us know who they are, but the casuals who they want to draw in dont. Therefore, no new money, therefore, no $2 million, $3 million purses. Promotion has been terrible overall for these PBC fights.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
And THIS here is my point. Again, I appreciate level headed people who are able to understand business.

If you are the 2 biggest American fighters now (since Mayweather is retired), and you have NEVER been on PPV headliner yet, you are not as popular as you think.
Disagree completely.

How do you think ggg got the nickname 97g? He sells out venues so much they have to sell standing room only tickets :gladbron: and sell 3 fights worth of t-shirts at every event :gladbron: he did like 4-500,000 on PPV right?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
- These are the 2 biggest boxing draws. Should be more then 1/2 million tuning in if thats the case. You throwing Colorado football as an excuse now?

Im using Notre Dame football who were ranked #6 vs #12 Clemson AND the fact that Oregon came on after Florida (#25)/Ole Miss (#3) that night on ESPN.

You using bum ass Postol/ Matthysse (which drew MORE then Broner) as an excuse now? Word? Postol-Matthysse (neither American by the way) went up against mighty Colorado football too and averaged 642,000, peaking at 814,000. More people wanted to watch Viktor Postol then Adrien Broner? Stop it
8054d31b6c3e26f79db1dfd012e7d4a0.png
:camby: Again, actual facts to help you, bro.

Once again:

Adrien Broner vs Khabib Allakhverdiev & Viktor Postol vs Lucas Matthysse were both being aired at the exact same time. ALSO, Notre Dame football who were ranked #6 vs #12 Clemson were being shown on ABC AND the fact that Oregon came on after Florida (#25)/Ole Miss (#3) that night on ESPN all affected the ratings.

More people wanted to see Postol vs Matthysse because it was deemed a better matchup (it was) than Broner vs Khabib. I don't know what's hard for you to understand:snoop:

How do you know what the markers are?

Nobody knows yet...that's my point:mindblown:

How can you say:

"HBO makes some money off the 80-100K PPV sales" when we don't know how many sales the fight needs to HIT before it becomes profitable for HBO when they haven't released that info yet?:dahell:

All I said it they make more money back having it on PPV then on regular cable due to the budget. I didnt say anything about break even. You seem ready to argue some point you have no idea about.

:snoop:

You said Broner is a draw the the above numbers state otherwise, so who is to believe anything you make up from this point forward?

Broner's not a draw?:dwillhuh:

:russ:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Hello everyone,

Here is the four year plan hbo has for the lhw division.

HBO is looking to add a mega ppv fight. Jean pascal vs Chavez Jr. Canada vs Mexico. This is for the vacated NABF title. Early 2018. Build up will begin early 2017. Each guy will have 2 tune ups in 2017. Winner will face the winner of ward-kovalev.

Winners will spend 2019 having tuneups. Will face off fall 2020.

This is hbo's new business plan.

:scust:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Canelo was fighting at 150 lbs. in Sept. 2010? So you mean it took him 5 years to move up a measly 5 pounds, but now magically, he will gain another 5 in ONE YEAR for this fight? Stop it, son.

Again, you (and apparently 2 others) are missing the point. Its the same weight class. If Canelo wants to come in at 155, cool. GGG can come in at anywhere from 155-160. Is there a rehydration weight clause too? Dont worry, ill wait.

Its the same weight class. The fight is ripe and ready for Fall 2016, so make it happen. It wont be bigger next fall then it is this fall. It wont happen in Fall 2017.
Nikka you fight at the weight you cam make. Or do you think t craw is not a ww or that lsc isn't a 135 pounder who chooses to fight at 126. Canelo is the top earner he can do as he pleases.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Exactly. The PBC is a great example. They have damn near all the big 147-154 fighters under their own deals, and none of them fighting each other. This Thurman-Porter fight has been in the works for a year and a half. Everyone wants these 7 figure paydays to fight bums. The boxing money is drying up, cause casuals arent into it like that. Hardcores will always be there. You need the casuals eyes and dollars.

Ward, Danny Garcia, etc. arent big draws to casual fans. You gotta either knock fools silly every fight (GGG, Kovalev, Lomanchenko), bring a big fan base (Canelo, Cotto), fight consistantly (GGG had 4 fights in '13, 3 in '14 & '15) or be a villain people will pay to see lose (Mayweather). Ward and Garcia dont talk/ drum up interest, (Also, why Lara and Rigo get no love). Boxing is not just a sport, its entertainment as well. Gotta entertain the masses to get them to spend money/ time on you. Yeah, you will have your 1 million-1.5 million hardcore fans watch boxing, but you gotta do one or more of these to bring the extra fans (and the money you want in your pocket). Out of sight, out of mind in America. People will move on quick and forget/ not invest in cats. Mexico (Canelo) and Puerto Rico (Cotto) will ride or die for their fighters. Thats the difference.
Nikka said ab and danny ain't draws. Okay you don't shyt about boxing, Like most lil g stans :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Start watching ufc then. Mayweather and pacquiao have set the standard.

nah I rather see nikkas shoot the fade from standing up. ain't trying to see 2 dudes wrestle and roll all over the place like it's some bar fight in an old western flick.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Winner gets uncaged Chris algeria in 2030. :russ:

Knowing AL Haymon they not fighting anytime in between:mjlol:
Hello everyone,

I have excellent news. Danny Garcia has signed on to take on the winner of Thurman-Porter. Fight is projected to take place December of 2022. What a gift for boxing fans. A great way to celebrate Christmas.

I will continue to keep you updated.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

"Bundwho?" getting another chance to put himself in line for a title shot.

Ponomarev:ufdup:

Jeff Horn, Lamont Peterson, and Sammy Vasquez....yall :ufdup: too

Slow build is his only choice but I hate to say it. American fighters need a gimmick. Danny got the philly bacstory, ab is ab, Floyd gets cacs in they feelings, dre had a slow build. :usure:

So Spence is gonna have to fight bums and build a following. If he brings no money no big name will fight him. Right now if I'm a PETERSON or danny why fight errol when I can fight ab or sammy v or Kell Brook or thurman. Spence is gonna keep getting "ducked" :dame: if he offers no money. Hell if I'm lamont why not get my ass kicked by Danny and get a check. :martin:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Enlighten me then. How does one move up/ down weight classes in boxing? How does it take so long to put on that muscle correctly in boxing, but not in other sports?
Guarantee Ward did no weight lifting or anything like that to put on that weight. All boxing drills/exercises and probably a lot of bodyweight exercises.