Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Fighting on PPV doesn't mean you're a star though breh, it just means your network/promoter cant afford to pay you what you're asking for without the public's help.

I.E. Crawford and Postol are about to fight on PPV. Neither of them are as popular as AB or Swift.

*fixed for accuracy*

:yeshrug:

1 thing no one can do is doubt the selling point of AB or Swift. They can fight low level comp and STILL do more views & draw more people to watch them fight than most Boxers today can WITH a great matchup:manny:

Yeah I was just talking to my friend I used to work with about Crawford it's a shame they got him on PPV to sabotage him that shyt ain't doing no numbers and don't even seem like they even trying to hype it. Agree about AB and Garcia especially with AB with the fickle ass fanbase these days it's crazy he's able to still draw the way he does after 2 losses. I'm fans of both just tired of them wasting time fighting guys not on they level weren't they talking bout going head up I know AB had said some shyt. That's a fight I'm stopping shyt for to see unless FSU playing someone major :mjpls:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
And THIS here is my point. Again, I appreciate level headed people who are able to understand business.

If you are the 2 biggest American fighters now (since Mayweather is retired), and you have NEVER been on PPV headliner yet, you are not as popular as you think.

PPV does not = popularity:comeon:

Again: Crawford vs Postol is happening on PPV....Crawford's biggest "viewership" for a fight is only 1.2 million (vs Gamboa). Postol's is only 642k (vs Matthysse)

AB's drew 1.3 million views against Maidana who was less known than Gamboa at the time and has a career high of 2.4 million views vs Porter.

Swift drew 808k (vs Rod Salka of all people) and has a career high of 2.5 million views vs Guerrero.

Like :usure: about your stance breh?:jbhmm:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Y'all nikkas want PPV :dahell:

GGG with all the HBO dikk riding, Jordan & Apple co sign...P4P #1 bullshyt...sold 97k PPV WITH Chocolatito as the co main

shyt is dead...nobody selling PPV anymore... fukk Canelo got his Mexican date N still couldn't do huge numbers...GBP overpaid Khan N likely made very little on the whole thing

Theres no point in Swift or AB being on PPV unless its against each other for unification or against Floyd

But IF they did I'd guarantee they'd do better then 97G without half the hype N media help

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Where did Broner come in this convo? Anyway, he fits one of the criteria I talked about earlier (villian, lots of people tune in to watch him lose). If he keeps fighting Theophanes and Allakhverdievs and those fans will be gone quick though. Keep pushing it.

You cant mention Broner without Swift and vice versa.....they are the 1A/1B of PBC right now when we talking about "popularity/draws". That's why.

Swift did 1.1 million vs Herrera on Showtime, somebody who was a complete nobody to even most hardcore fans. To say "if you're not fighting on PPV, that means you're not as big of a star as you think you are" is false. PPV is for fights that cannot be made without extra money coming in to pay the fighters what is required to make the fight.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
PPV does not = popularity:comeon:

Again: Crawford vs Postol is happening on PPV....Crawford's biggest "viewership" for a fight is only 1.2 million (vs Gamboa). Postol's is only 642k (vs Matthysse)

AB's drew 1.3 million views against Maidana who was less known than Gamboa at the time and has a career high of 2.4 million views vs Porter.

Swift drew 808k (vs Rod Salka of all people) and has a career high of 2.5 million views vs Guerrero.

Like :usure: about your stance breh?:jbhmm:

What should PBC consider a successful number for Saturday night?

I've actually seen and heard these cats on TV/Radio this week so I don't wanna hear the "they weren't promoted" excuses I was hearing from some of these neckbeard forums I be browsing bout they fav fighters :russ:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Y'all nikkas want PPV :dahell:

GGG with all the HBO dikk riding, Jordan & Apple co sign...P4P #1 bullshyt...sold 97k PPV WITH Chocolatito as the co main

shyt is dead...nobody selling PPV anymore... fukk Canelo got his Mexican date N still couldn't do huge numbers...GBP overpaid Khan N likely made very little on the whole thing

Theres no point in Swift or AB being on PPV unless its against each other for unification or against Floyd

But IF they did I'd guarantee they'd do better then 97G without half the hype N media help

Slaughter 97G numbers shyt would slaughter KKKovalev/Ward too easily

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What should PBC consider a successful number for Saturday night?

I've actually seen and heard these cats on TV/Radio this week so I don't wanna hear the "they weren't promoted" excuses I was hearing from some of these neckbeard forums I be browsing bout they fav fighters :russ:

Thurman Porter gotta do at least 3 Milly

Leess then Swift vs Ped/Ghost... Less then AB vs Porter is ok

But if they can't get 3 Milly peak :francis: