Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Lil g is b side. When b hop dropped to 157 it was a great business. But asking lil g to drop to 155 for the biggest payday of his career is asking too much?

Canelo was fighting at 150 lbs. in Sept. 2010? So you mean it took him 5 years to move up a measly 5 pounds, but now magically, he will gain another 5 in ONE YEAR for this fight? Stop it, son.

Again, you (and apparently 2 others) are missing the point. Its the same weight class. If Canelo wants to come in at 155, cool. GGG can come in at anywhere from 155-160. Is there a rehydration weight clause too? Dont worry, ill wait.

Its the same weight class. The fight is ripe and ready for Fall 2016, so make it happen. It wont be bigger next fall then it is this fall. It wont happen in Fall 2017.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A verbal agreement 'shooting for fall 2017' y'all actually acting like Canelo stepped up :stopitslime:

This is one of the most blatant ducks we've seen in recent memory. This motherfukker stood in the ring after that last bullshyt fight he had, said 'we don't fukk around', 'I'll fight him at any time' etc. Then he gives the guy his belt and says 'maybe we'll fight in a year and a half'. fukk outta here.

Kelly Brook can fukk off too. I like his talent and fight style but just like Adonis, I'm not wasting my time if you're doing your best to avoid fighting anyone

Ward is a terrible example btw. As annoyed as I've been with the last few years of his career, reality is he's been super inactive so him getting the rust off and getting some regualr fights made sense. I just think his opponents could have been better but he needed to get back in the ring regularly

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
With such a long waiting period, you can't tell me that they can't put together at least one doubleheader ppv to showcase both Canelo and GGG against separate opponents (that are decent)

If they can't do that, then all that "build up to make it bigger" talk is just bullshyt.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yeah lil g has the woat handlers. Especially that clown abel.
Actually his promotional team (k2) is one of the best. He's getting 1.5mm to literally fight bums. His best win so far is fukkin Willie Monroe Jr and he's making twice what Loma makes (which is already insane). It's his manager and trainer , loefller and super Mario, that make the dude so unlikable. Plus, he apparently tries to shyt on Ward in Russian interviews as well :heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
With such a long waiting period, you can't tell me that they can't put together at least one doubleheader ppv to showcase both Canelo and GGG against separate opponents (that are decent)

If they can't do that, then all that "build up to make it bigger" talk is just bullshyt.

this is what should go down this fall to lend some credibility to this "verbal agreement":martin:

charknicks

All Star
Daps
A verbal agreement 'shooting for fall 2017' y'all actually acting like Canelo stepped up :stopitslime:

This is one of the most blatant ducks we've seen in recent memory. This motherfukker stood in the ring after that last bullshyt fight he had, said 'we don't fukk around', 'I'll fight him at any time' etc. Then he gives the guy his belt and says 'maybe we'll fight in a year and a half'. fukk outta here.

Kelly Brook can fukk off too. I like his talent and fight style but just like Adonis, I'm not wasting my time if you're doing your best to avoid fighting anyone

Ward is a terrible example btw. As annoyed as I've been with the last few years of his career, reality is he's been super inactive so him getting the rust off and getting some regualr fights made sense. I just think his opponents could have been better but he needed to get back in the ring regularly

Agree 100% with all this, fam. Glad to see more common sense on this board!

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Ward is a terrible example. He is a great fighter, but has def been in the Winky Wright school of business the last few years with his decisions. He was in a weak 168 division and played his hand too long. Should have moved up/down 2-3 years ago.
You actually don't know what you're talking about breh.

Ward was in legal hell then he had the Dawson/Rodriguez fights (2014?) Then he took a hiatus signed to RNS and fought at 172, then Barrera at 175 and this other guy at 175, so essentially he moved up of the course of 18 months.

Not sure off the top of my head what the fight was where two killers fought, one moving up from 160 to 168, and he was ruined literally fukked up to this day @patscorpio knows the fight I'm talking about. You need to give your body time to adjust to a new weight with harder punchers who are just as fast, Ward has done just that. Oh yea he's also been able to add 7lbs of muscle without looking slower or anything of that sort. So I'd say Ward is def doing it right.

WWSOB gets you paid $2.5mm a fight and a PPV when you had been on hiatus since end of 2013/start of 14?

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
[QUOTE="firemanBk, post: 19694182, member: 879 like Adonis, I'm not wasting my time if you're doing your best to avoid fighting anyone
[/QUOTE]

Adonis had a purse bid to fight Kkkovalev and main events backed down :heh:

Part time ring posters always get me chucklin

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Not sure off the top of my head what the fight was where two killers fought, one moving up from 160 to 168, and he was ruined literally fukked up to this day @patscorpio knows the fight I'm talking about.

Benn vs McClellan i think thats the fight you're referencing

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
this is what should go down this fall to lend some credibility to this "verbal agreement":martin:

Exactly.

Just because we waited 6 years for that bullshyt ass May/Pac fight, doesn't mean we cool with waiting 2+ years for every fukking super fight that pops up. :childplease:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

Ward was in legal hell then he had the Dawson/Rodriguez fights (2014?) Then he took a hiatus signed to RNS and fought at 172, then Barrera at 175 and this other guy at 175, so essentially he moved up of the course of 18 months.

Not sure off the top of my head what the fight was where two killers fought, one moving up from 160 to 168, and he was ruined literally fukked up to this day @patscorpio knows the fight I'm talking about. You need to give your body time to adjust to a new weight with harder punchers who are just as fast, Ward has done just that. Oh yea he's also been able to add 7lbs of muscle without looking slower or anything of that sort. So I'd say Ward is def doing it right.

WWSOB gets you paid $2.5mm a fight and a PPV when you had been on hiatus since end of 2013/start of 14?
And in the middle of all that he bummed out his shoulder and knee. That's why I was looking at his post like :dahell:

charknicks

All Star
Daps

Its cool, I respect your boxing knowledge on the board. However, you are wrong on this.

Ward's legal hell was his own doing (or his management, which is still on him). He thought he could start commanding $4-5 million/fight because he earned that bloated $2.5 millon/fight from that tournament. He decided to go on that hiatus because he overstated his worth due to winning that tournament. I believe that Ward is the pound for pound #1 in the world (for what thats worth), but you cant sit out for a couple years and fight on BET and then think you can command $4-5 million/fight. Your boxing window is but so long. You gotta keep in the public eye and fight.

Yeah, he has to adjust to stronger fighters if he is moving up, no doubt. But 3 fights in the last 4 years is dumb when you on top and trying to command $4 million. $4 million for Paul Smith or Edwin Rodriguez, and to fight on BET.

Basketball, baseball, MMA fighters, hockey players, etc can add 10-15 lbs. of muscle in a year or less. You cant do that as a boxer? Its because you just dont want to. You have trainers/ nutritionists at your disposal. Its your f'in job. No excuse really. If you can cut weight in weeks in a training camp, you can def add 7 pounds of muscle in less then 4 years. Come on, man. You are better then this.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Part time ring posters always get me chucklin

I'm fully aware of what the situations have been leading to the Krusher/Superman fight not happening and I'm not one of those "Adonis ran to Showtime" retards either. That wasn't what I was talking about. What I'm talking about is Adonis's comp being complete trash since making that move. OK, so the fight with Krusher fell through, but he didn't wind up fighting Hopkins or Pascal either, which were the other big fights available at the time and let Krusher steal his thunder instead. I was OK with the Fonfara fight bit the last 3 opponents have been complete and utter trash.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'm fully aware of what the situations have been leading to the Krusher/Superman fight not happening and I'm not one of those "Adonis ran to Showtime" retards either. That wasn't what I was talking about. What I'm talking about is Adonis's comp being complete trash since making that move. OK, so the fight with Krusher fell through, but he didn't wind up fighting Hopkins or Pascal either, which were the other big fights available at the time and let Krusher steal his thunder instead. I was OK with the Fonfara fight bit the last 3 opponents have been complete and utter trash.

Pretty much.

Superman gets a pass for the Krusher fight, but I can''t excuse all them cans he fought instead (Fonfara being the exception)

Its like the Kell Brook situation with Khan at welterweight. Ok you can't fight Khan, well you got other names in the division that you can square off with. Oh that's right Frankie fukking Gavin deserves a shot. Oh and lets not forget the infamous Jo Jo Can.

shyts getting ridiculous.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
[QUOTE="firemanBk, post: 19694182, member: 879 like Adonis, I'm not wasting my time if you're doing your best to avoid fighting anyone

Part time ring posters always get me chucklin[/QUOTE]

Dawg... PBC purposely did that to cut Duva out bro. You know that.