Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Verbal agreement for a year + out means nothing. No reason why they arent fighting Fall 2016 instead. This fight isnt gonna happen.
Nikka golden boy ain't stupid they gone ease him into 160 but this is a super fight it will happen when nelo feels like it. But the fight could have been made already but lil g was ducking the 155 fade

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Nikka golden boy ain't stupid they gone ease him into 160 but this is a super fight it will happen when nelo feels like it. But the fight could have been made already but lil g was ducking the 155 fade

Smh, 155-160 is the same division. Why does GGG needs to lose 5 pounds to defend/fight for the same title? Its not even a different weight class. What part of that do you not understand. Thats just dumb.

The fight is for the MIDDLEWEIGHT title. Middleweight is 155-160. If Canelo wants to come in at 155, so be it. Thats on him. If he is scared, lose 1 pound and fight Jr. Middleweight. No harm, no foul.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
As for Canelo/GGG, fall 2017 is a long time to wait for a fight and anything can happen between now and then. I can see if it was for May 2017, but damn they making nikkas wait an extra 3-4 months.
nikkas already been wanting to see this shyt since Winter 2015.

Ward/Kovalev is just as good a fight (if not better) and we really only had to wait a year for that.

If we get a Canelo/Andrade fight and a GGG/Eubanks Jr fight during that waiting period then I'm fukking cooler than the other side of the pillow with that shyt. :blessed:

but...

this is boxing, we'll prolly get Canelo/Lemieux/Stevens etc....and GGG/(insert random Fight Night career mode name):snoop::mjcry:

I'll just have to wait and see. :manny:
I think we'll see GGG fight at least 1 or 2 of these 3 guys (BJS, Jacobs, Eubanks Jr).

If that happens, I'm ok with that :manny:

Last edited:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Smh, 155-160 is the same division. Why does GGG needs to lose 5 pounds to defend/fight for the same title? Its not even a different weight class. What part of that do you not understand. Thats just dumb.

The fight is for the MIDDLEWEIGHT title. Middleweight is 155-160. If Canelo wants to come in at 155, so be it. Thats on him. If he is scared, lose 1 pound and fight Jr. Middleweight. No harm, no foul.
Lil g is b side. When b hop dropped to 157 it was a great business. But asking lil g to drop to 155 for the biggest payday of his career is asking too much?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

The nikkas with good teams know how this moving up in weight shyt works... Ward, Canelo, Swift

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

return-of-the-mack-o.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I agree that Brook looks worse since he got a whole laundry list of nikkas to fight like Vargas, Bradley, Thurman, Swift, Broner. Spence. Porter Rematch.
Pretty much a whole division.

yeah kell is not moving right..unlike the welters you listed he's free of any politics and can fight any of them..he can give us a significant 147 title fight and not some ol bullshyt like swift-ghost from earlier this year..that nikka better go take jessie's belt and keep it movin

charknicks

All Star
Daps
The nikkas with good teams know how this moving up in weight shyt works... Ward, Canelo, Swift

Ward is a terrible example. He is a great fighter, but has def been in the Winky Wright school of business the last few years with his decisions. He was in a weak 168 division and played his hand too long. Should have moved up/down 2-3 years ago.

Canelo and Swift are different. They were in big fight/ deep talent weight classes. They had matchups on deck. Canelo more so since he has that rabid Mexican fanbase to make fights bigger.