Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Yeah he definitely moved around alot. He was walking Porter into stuff.

We'll see though

Only so much we can take from a sparring video from a few years ago. Both have improved, so Im not going to act like this is sparring from last week or something and Thurman's tank is already on low:heh:

Should be a great matchup though. Hopefully, a FOTY candidate.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Provodnikov doesn't fit here. He has lost 4 of his last 7 fights, is coming off a loss to a guy AB destroyed 4 fights ago, isn't hungry, has no belts, and doesn't have the skill to make it intriguing. There's nothing in the matchup that would make it worthwhile at this point. Maybe he picks up a belt from Edward Troyanovsky over in Russia, bring it back, and THEN him and AB should fight. At least there's something on the table. At this point, it would be nothing but AB picking & choosing a guy who's proven to not be able to even deal with John Molina to fight.

i get what you're saying...your argument is the same one i had when i was against broner facing ghost...i didn't want to see that fight because frankly im tired of watching ghost play the role of a plodder taking shots without a semblance of the slickness he used to have at the lower weights and ineffective offense...seeing him struggle with the jobbers at 147 should be alarming..esp for a "name" fighter..there's no upside until ghost gets some good wins...he hasn't had in about almost 4 years..ruslan-broner id want to happen but you're right in the fact ruslan should string some good wins together first..like 2 and then go after broner..ruslan hasn't won 2+ fights in a row since 2012...thats a long time lol and losing to someone who is perceived as shot is no good for any interest

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
i get what you're saying...your argument is the same one i had when i was against broner facing ghost...i didn't want to see that fight because frankly im tired of watching ghost play the role of a plodder taking shots without a semblance of the slickness he used to have at the lower weights and ineffective offense...seeing him struggle with the jobbers at 147 should be alarming..esp for a "name" fighter..there's no upside until ghost gets some good wins...he hasn't had in about almost 4 years..ruslan-broner id want to happen but you're right in the fact ruslan should string some good wins together first..like 2 and then go after broner..ruslan hasn't won 2+ fights in a row since 2012...thats a long time lol and losing to someone who is perceived as shot is no good for any interest

It's exactly the same stance I had before the Prov vs Molina fight...me & you were debating whether he's shot or not, and it's looking like he's actually done. He basically said he's done himself and is leaning towards retirement:manny:

That's a mentally shot fighter we're discussing right now.:wow:

Maybe he should leave Joel Diaz and go link up with Robert Garcia who can actually try to get him back focused though:lupe:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's exactly the same stance I had before the Prov vs Molina fight...me & you were debating whether he's shot or not, and it's looking like he's actually done. He basically said he's done himself and is leaning towards retirement:manny:

Maybe he should leave Joel Diaz and go link up with Robert Garcia who can actually try to get him back focused though:lupe:

i disagree with you on that end..i don't believe Ruslan is physically shot...hell i wont believe that until i see somebody wobble his ass with a head shot lol..he needs to get his mind right

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
i disagree with you on that end..i don't believe Ruslan is physically shot...hell i wont believe that until i see somebody wobble his ass with a head shot lol..he needs to get his mind right

Mentally shot...not physically:whoa:

Physically, I think he's the exact same and still can come forward and brawl with the best of em. However, I think he doesn't have confidence that he can beat someone who moves anymore. He said it against Algieri, but after losing to Molina by being outboxed...he didn't even fight it and said he expected him to do it (acknowledging he knew what Molina was gonna do, but couldn't stop it), that he didn't have "the hungriness", and feels like as far as Boxing, he's "over it". That's mentally done:wow:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Oh...and I still have yet to see anyone even buckle his knee with a shot upstairs. Him & Maidana have the best chins at 140-147 I have seen in years

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Oh...and I still have yet to see anyone even buckle his knee with a shot upstairs. Him & Maidana have the best chins at 140-147 I have seen in years

Yup, but we've at least seen Chino get stunned and dropped before.

The most we'll see from Provo is his head snap back and sweat fly off.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Just watched the Thurman/Porter leaked sparring session. My thoughts...

Overall I think Keith got the better of it slightly. Like they fought his type of fight and he controlled it.

:mjlol: at that one Dragon Punch Thurman landed. nikka really got low for that one.

Thurman moved around good and was still landing some counters and setting traps.

I think this bout comes down to Showy/Flashy Punches vs Hustle Punches...

Will Thurman's flashier infrequent bombs look better to the judges than Porter's hustle punch flurries that he lands whenever he gets in range.

With that said, it was only sparring so hopefully we get a good fight from out of these two despite all the rust.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yup, but we've at least seen Chino get stunned and dropped before.

The most we'll see from Provo is his head snap back and sweat fly off.
If you want to hurt Provo go to the body, BATB was able to do it, and I've been told Tim doesn't punch hard.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If you want to hurt Provo go to the body, BATB was able to do it, and I've been told Tim doesn't punch hard.

Bradley was boxing him up good during some of those middle rounds with body shots and jabs. Its just that the moments when he was dragged into slugging it out were so crucial and pivotal during the course of the fight, that's all most people seem to remember.

It's usually the guys that aren't known for being punchers that can really dig into the body good.
Bryd hurt Tua and Holyfield with body shots. Sweet Pea was a good body puncher too. Shramba Mitchell was good for some bodywork too. Badou Jack as well. The list can go on. lol

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bradley was boxing him up good during some of those middle rounds with body shots and jabs. Its just that the moments when he was dragged into slugging it out were so crucial and pivotal during the course of the fight, that's all most people seem to remember.

It's usually the guys that aren't known for being punchers that can really dig into the body good.
Bryd hurt Tua and Holyfield with body shots. Sweet Pea was a good body puncher too. Shramba Mitchell was good for some bodywork too. Badou Jack as well. The list can go on. lol

because it was the first time we all saw bradley like badly hurt...it wasnt like the **** fight where dude's recovery powers were still on point....that was the story of the fight..bradley willingly took punishment after getting his bell rung early to the point he fell apart and seconds from being KO'ed in the final round..just to prove he was worthy of beating pacquiao...he really dug in to ruslan's body though..back when ruslan was eating his raw bear meats and had the eye of a siberian tiger :dame:.thats the only reason i can see how he stood up to thayt..if i remember bradley too also threw over 1,000+ punches in that fight to keep that mufukka off him