Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
There is no point to fight Provodonikov...there was a reason to fight Ashley Theophane (AB vs TMT Beef was hot at that time, he capitalized on it to put up record SPIKE #'s & sell out the venue).

There won't be any big money involved to fight Provodonikov and its also a "no credit will be given" fight bc beating someone who lost 4 of his last 7 bouts including being outboxed by John Molina Jr (a Broner shut out victim) is expected.

It's all risk, no reward. What would be the point of that fight if no belt on the line? The only reason yall give is "hopefully AB is distracted in camp and is not focused so that a fight would possibly be interesting against Prov"...which is not a good reason for a fight imo.

Why fight someone who was clearly beaten by someone you dominated? Makes no sense to me.

I agree you with 100%. But look at the list of Broner's past 5 opponents lets say, khabib alafbhwdnverov or :dahell: his name was, was the only one worthy of fighting because of his belt.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Bruh lets just address the elephant in the room; idk if it's just people in this thread or/and the media feeling this way but people want to see AB lose and more importantly, get knocked out in the process. They prop up Prov because his style, eye test wise, is similar to Maidana without mentioning even Maidana didn't knock out AB when he had him dead to rights. That and people want to see him against pressure fighter (myself included)

This would be applicable if you posted it on twitter breh.

After this weekend, there's literally no point to a Prov fight w/ AB. AB should be fighting a dude like Bad Ass (even though it'll never happen). I think the contingent of posters HERE who want to see AB lose/get KTFO is a small small %

Now if these were cacsideboxing forums, boxingscene forums or twitter I'd agree, but nah not here.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Bruh lets just address the elephant in the room; idk if it's just people in this thread or/and the media feeling this way but people want to see AB lose and more importantly, get knocked out in the process. They prop up Prov because his style, eye test wise, is similar to Maidana without mentioning even Maidana didn't knock out AB when he had him dead to rights. That and people want to see him against pressure fighter (myself included)

I agree with you 100%.:obama:

We've already seen AB against 2 higher quality, bigger, stronger opponents than Provodnikov in Maidana & Porter. Both beat him, neither knocked him out (Maidana dropped him twice, Broner dropped Porter). At this point, yes, I feel like someone can make a fight ugly and challenge AB (possibly beating him for a 3rd time), but the only people able to do it are top level opponents...not a guy who still has Mauricio "Sweet Pea" Herrera, Chris "Master Boxer" Algieri, and "Sugar" John Molina Jr problems. Funny thing is though, if AB was the one who had 5 losses in only 30 career fights including losing 4 of his last 7 bouts, I know nobody would be asking for him to see him fight someone above his level. Hell, look how quickly people dismiss him vs Floyd or Pacquiao saying he doesn't deserve it, but a guy who's lost over and over again to guys everyone at the top level beats is worthy of facing him:snoop:

Opponents I'd like to see AB fight next (excluding Swift, Brook/Vargas, Thurman/Porter, Crawford/Postol since they are all busy) are: Ricky Burns, Edward Troyanovsky, Timothy Bradley, Juan Manuel Marquez, or Amir Khan. Hopefully, 1 of those 5 fights can happen.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Don't spin this fam isn't anyone saying "hopefully AB is distracted" we are saying that with Broner that is something you have to factor in and Ruslan while a jobber is one you have to be correct for.

You the first one in here tossing triangle theories in the bushes but now when it's AB we about dem theories huh :francis:

If he fights someone better as a next opponent cool id rather see that but if it's a struggle match up like his last fight or Taylor or some shyt why not Prov. Jobber match ups are only cool if they pretend TMT beef:dame:

How is it a triangle theory when the style used to beat Provodnikov is a style Broner uses to beat fighters of his caliber?

So, Matthysse Ali & "Sugar" John Molina can outbox Provodnikov....but Broner cant? I mean, is it really a question to you that has to be proved.....again?

You thought John Molina could "bother" AB. He got swept. Then Molina goes on to prove that he's actually better than Provodnikov is, and now you want AB to face the leftovers of his leftovers? What would it prove? What would we have to gain watching Broner beat Provodnikov? Showing that he can beat another slow plodding power puncher who has 0 defense, a chin to allow Broner to have target practice, and cant cut off the ring? A matchup where the only chance Prov has to win is to hope AB is being distracted in training camp, because if he isn't, we all know he easily beats him?

It's just a pointless matchup to me:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I agree you with 100%. But look at the list of Broner's past 5 opponents lets say, khabib alafbhwdnverov or :dahell: his name was, was the only one worthy of fighting because of his belt.

His last 5 opponents:

Emmanuel Taylor
Was Broner's 2nd fight at a new weight class coming off his 1st defeat as a pro and Taylor was coming off his career best W over Karim Mayfield (who was also calling out Broner) and also the guy that previously beat Taylor (Algieri) had just beaten Ruslan Provodnikov (who was extremely hyped obviously) which boosted Taylor's stock at the time. Made his loss to Algieri not seem as bad, because Algieri was thought to be top notch as well.

John Molina Jr.
People actually requested this fight because of Molina's performance against Matthysse & they used the same excuses they are using now for wanting to see AB vs Prov (bu-bu-but Power, chin, rough, pressure, etc:russell:). I never wanted it, because I knew it was a bad matchup for Molina Jr. and easy for AB...regardless of the Matthysse fight. Molina was too slow, cant cut off the ring, not skilled enough. What happened? He was blown out.

Shawn Porter
Nothing really needs to be said here. Great matchup.

Khabib Allakhverdiev
For WBA Junior Welterweight Super Championship facing a guy who lost this belt to Jessie Vargas by controversial decision and put the beats on Joan Guzman easily. All the talk about Khabib Allakhverdiev, but yet, AB destroyed him while Jessie Vargas robbed him. Levels.

Ashley Theophane
Another fight I didn't want and the only reason it was made was because it was a guaranteed $$$ plus big ratings and ticket sells due to the About Billions vs The Money Team beef. Theophane never stood a chance in the fight and even threat of being arrested during fight week didn't distract AB from the job at hand. easy work, easy money, easy tickets, easy ratings. Don't need fights like those anymore though...need top notch quality W's.

Provodnikov doesn't fit here. He has lost 4 of his last 7 fights, is coming off a loss to a guy AB destroyed 4 fights ago, isn't hungry, has no belts, and doesn't have the skill to make it intriguing. There's nothing in the matchup that would make it worthwhile at this point. Maybe he picks up a belt from Edward Troyanovsky over in Russia, bring it back, and THEN him and AB should fight. At least there's something on the table. At this point, it would be nothing but AB picking & choosing a guy who's proven to not be able to even deal with John Molina to fight.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Shane Mosley Cracked With Order To Pay Over 300K To Ex-Wife - Boxing News
shane-jin-mosley.jpg

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Damn, is it me or do they look 2 weight classes apart?
Apparently this is when Thurman was gearing up for Maidana?

Wasn't Sean fighting at 154 then? Or am I trippin.
porter fought as high as super middle but he was operating at 154 for a good min
That Porter Thurman footage is out!!! :blessed:

Did any of yall watch the sparring video?

Startng at 13:17...this dude Keith Thurman literally starts running away from Shawn Porter for the rest of the sparring session:dead:

He quit in the middle of a sparring session, literally ran around & stopped throwing just like Kenny Porter said:mjlol:

Plus Showtime marked his face up:banderas:

I cant wait for June 25th:whew:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Startng at 13:17...this dude Keith Thurman literally starts running away from Shawn Porter for the rest of the sparring session:dead:

He quit in the middle of a sparring session, literally ran around & stopped throwing just like Kenny Porter said:mjlol:

I watched the first 5 minutes........saw nothing in terms of engagement etc (did hear mr. softee aka lil kee kee in the background making excuses though), Porter was on him, jabbing and keeping his D tight, Keith looked like he was fukking around. Stopped really paying attention and they started letting go a lil bit, and Porter was quicker to the trigger---then you get this point in the video and it's like :dahell::dahell: Keith literally starts running around the ring.

If the sparring footage is any indication of how the fight will go (I highly doubt it) Thurmans in for a world of trouble. Sean's gonna be on him the entire fight , pressing him, and from that footage I didn't see anything Keith did that should make him tentative.

edit: Keith did have his jab in Porters face, and was landing the uppercut, but this video shows nothing serious IMO.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

Yeah he definitely moved around alot. He was walking Porter into stuff.

We'll see though

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
How is it a triangle theory when the style used to beat Provodnikov is a style Broner uses to beat fighters of his caliber?

So, Matthysse Ali & "Sugar" John Molina can outbox Provodnikov....but Broner cant? I mean, is it really a question to you that has to be proved.....again?

You thought John Molina could "bother" AB. He got swept. Then Molina goes on to prove that he's actually better than Provodnikov is, and now you want AB to face the leftovers of his leftovers? What would it prove? What would we have to gain watching Broner beat Provodnikov? Showing that he can beat another slow plodding power puncher who has 0 defense, a chin to allow Broner to have target practice, and cant cut off the ring? A matchup where the only chance Prov has to win is to hope AB is being distracted in training camp, because if he isn't, we all know he easily beats him?

It's just a pointless matchup to me:manny:

Care to show me where I said Molina would "bother" AB friend. I don't recall me saying this so ima need receipts. I trolled when Nasir Molina Jr dropped that ether :wow: but where did I say anything about Molina "bothering" him in ring.

Like I said if he faces someone better than Prov cool I don't have an issue but nikkas acting like he is too good for the fight when his last fight was against the struggle team b members. :francis: