Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

The hype train is finally over for that C fighter hyped as an elite Junior Welterweight:blessed:

Lose to a badly concussed Timothy Bradley who didnt remember anything after Round 1 brehs:wow:

Get outboxed for 11 rounds by Chris Algieri who's eye was swollen shut brehs:ohlawd:

Get outboxed by "Sugar" John Molina brehs:banderas:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

:leon:.......gotta see how prov looks against molina first

How he look?:sas1:

I would love that fight. I am interested to see if Prov could bully Broner around like Maidana did. Now Prov isn't as dynamic as Marcos, but he is a tough one.

I think the fight is tougher for Broner than @Newzz says.

Broner should be the favorite and expected to win, but if Broner goes into that fight unprepared or gets lazy in the ring...wrong guy to do that against.
*looks for the bookmark button:smugbiden:*

*doesn't see it:snoop:*

Ruslan Provodnikov gets a clinic put on him by Adrien Broner if this fight happens:manny:

He's too easy to outbox like I said. "Sugar" John Molina just gave him a Boxing lesson:mjlol:

Oh god PLEASE let this happen

He still got John Molina problems:mjlol:

100% believe that Broner has Provo looking like light work. Provodnikov too worn down, Broner too intelligent to get caught up by his pressure.

:myman:

John Molina outboxed him...but Prov can handle AB's offensive arsenal:dead:

Broner gives Provodnikov that work in a competitive fight on some 8 rds to 4 type shyt. Ruslan is too easy to hit when you just straight box him. He'll get his, but you just gotta be able to weather it and stay smart. I think Broner can do that.

We might have to raise it to a 12-0, 11-1 uncompetitive boxing clinic after Sugar John Molina showed him it's levels to Boxing:whew:

i dont know about the worn down part..he looked how he usually does in his last fight below

i mentioned in the prov-molina thread how i was surprised he hasn't shown any type of slippage yet...molina may or may not answer that question...ruslan is flawed but still very dangerous

Look at the caliber of opponent though breh:dwillhuh:

Prov was facing a guy who had 14 of his 15 wins over guys with a losing record. The only win Rodriguez had over a guy with a winning record was when he beat a guy who was 8-7 before the fight:mjlol:

AB is Ruth Chris in comparision....you comparing White Castle burgers to Ruth Chris steak breh?:jbhmm:

Told you breh....he's done:sas2:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Doesn't matter the caliber of opponent breh...slippage is slippage.....Rosado went life and death with a similar type opponent this past weekend..that is some slippage right there
Yes it does, because Rodriguez didn't possess the talent/skill necessary to make Prov look bad at all....he was a D- opponent.

Rosado has been thru rougher times than Prov and in against much bigger punchers. Of course he's damaged goods. We wont know anything about Prov unless he gets in the ring with at least a decent opponent first before noticing anything.

Remember, Prov destroyed the ghost of JLC, and then looked lost against Matthysse's movement and boxing ability in the very next fight....and we know Matthysse doesn't really move that much in the ring which really makes me go :patrice: on Prov dealing with movement.

I think waiting until the John Molina fight happens, like you said, would be best to get a proper gauge on Prov. Using Jesus Alvarez Rodriguez to determine that is like using the fact Victor Ortiz was on a 2 fight KO streak before being stopped by Berto and ignoring the fact Ortiz was facing and KOing D-level opposition before running into Berto again

After this weekend, we should have a better grip on what type of Provodnikov is still here.

:mjpls:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I largely agree. Prov may be on a slow decline, but I haven't seen a lot of slippage. Dude is just a limited fighter. A guy who can move Prov around the ring and reset his feet can take away most of what Prov does, but that really isn't AB's style.

AB can crack, but not well enough to stand in the pocket and trade with Prov. Prov ate Matthysse's punches like :jawalrus: and kept coming forward, then after the fight said he was the hardest puncher he had ever faced. :merchant:

I agree that Prov needs to take a Maidana fight plan and attack Broner, because Broner is vulnerable to being rushed because he often doesn't use his feet to escape around the ring.

My biggest thing is still Broner's mindset. A focused Broner should beat a lower class opponent like Prov and can compete with just about anyone. But Broner has serious lapses in how he prepares for fights and when he takes things seriously. If he comes into the fight unprepared, Prov is not a good guy to do that against because he is tough a shyt and seems to give everyone a physical fight.

Good fight though. Hope it happens.

So you still think AB doesn't make easy work of him when John Molina took him to Boxing school? Or nah:smugbiden:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
But, who has Prov faced with power outside of Matthysse to compare it against? Bradley? Algieri?:mjpls:

Of course he would easily be the hardest puncher he ever faced:manny:

Provodnikov hasn't ever faced a fighter with the offensive skill set of Adrien Broner (who brings hand speed, punching accuracy, and punching power to the table) and is too slow, and self-admitted that he cant deal with movement:wow:

Prov isn't Maidana, doesn't have Robert Garcia & Alex Ariza in his corner (or smelling salts:mjpls:), and doesn't hit as hard as Maidana either.

Yall can continue to prop up Ruslan Provodnikov, which I will accept because Im gonna be on some :smugbiden::myman: stuff when AB wins due to that, but at the end of the day....his best W is "Literally Mile High" Mike Alvardo who we don't know if he was on one of his drug binges while in training camp.

AB puts hands on this boy like Bradley was supposed to the 1st time:aboutbillions:

Yep....I'd dap + rep myself if I could:smugbiden:

Shout out to all the brehs on here who never fell for that hype job:ahh::salute:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
We acting like Matthysse doesn't have 1 punch put you to sleep power?? :dahell:

Matthysse hit Provodnikov with errything but the kitchen sink N dude kept coming

Lucas was :shaq2::merchant::whoa:

So why ain't he keep coming against Sugar John Molina breh?:sas1:

Why Molina beat him easier than Matthysse did and took none of the same damage? :sas2:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
broner vs prov is a very good fight if it can be made
prov just been living off that tim bradley fight
hes really not that good if you break it down, i mean he had trouble with chris algeri (although i had him winning the fight)
broner needs someone like prov who is strong, has a good chin, and is going to continiously come forward
prov is like a poor man's madiana tho
broner should school him

:myman:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Sorry yall...I just had to this glorious Sunday morning where a limited C fighter can finally be seen by everyone for what he always was:ahh:

Dude has losses to "Sweet Pea" Herrera, Chris "Master Boxer" Algieri, and now "Sugar" John Molina Jr...if that ain't hilarious, then I don't know what is:mjlol:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Sorry yall...I just had to this glorious Sunday morning where a limited C fighter can finally be seen by everyone for what he always was:ahh:

Dude has losses to "Sweet Pea" Herrera, Chris "Master Boxer" Algieri, and now "Sugar" John Molina Jr...if that ain't hilarious, then I don't know what is:mjlol:

:russ:

you poppin off on all these brehs

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:russ:

you poppin off on all these brehs

Dude's been talking shyt about how AB would lose to this bum ever since March 2013...it took 3 years and 3 months, but now it's time to revisit all their talks:smugbiden:

What made them actually believe that Provodnikov was anything more than Bradley fighting him wrong on purpose? :jbhmm:

"Bu-bu-but Matthysse struggled with him:mjcry:".....what does that mean?:mjpls:

That speaks bad on Matthysse's part, and we all know I didn't think high of Matthysse either in the 1st place:heh:

Man, it feels good to watch these overhyped limited sluggers get out skilled (Skills pay the bills:ahh:) & then come back in the OG thread like :sas1::sas2:

When you getting outboxed by Sugar John Molina, it's time to re-evaluate your status/rankings in the sport.