Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 6/10:

- Who will GGG face in the fall? Not Canelo.
- GGG's next fight likely in the US.
- Has Provodnikov or Lomachenko ever backed down from a fight? No.
- Picks: Provodnikov in a war, Andrade by decision, Zlaticann by KO, Loma by toyage, and Verdejo by KO.
- Wilder should be facing Arreola next and there isn't anything wrong with that fight on short notice.
- Buy or Sell the Klitscho vs. Fury winner will face Wilder in the winter? Sell.
- When you win a vacant WBC belt you must face two mandatories in a row. So Jermell Charlo will likely face Hatley, then the winner of Andrade-Nelson.
- Cotto will fight in September at the earliest. Still hears JMM name, but no idea if it will happen or if JMM is coming back.
- Showtime Extreme fights are on at 7 pm tomorrow, despite the fact some cable companies are not listing it on their lineup.
- LSC vs. Frampton should be announced next week. The fight is made, but they are waiting to announce in respect for Ali.
- Jacobs will be fighting Mora on the undercard of LSC-Frampton.
- Still interested in Lomachenko vs. Salido 2? Sure.
- Scored Salido vs. Vargas a draw.
- Will believe the Haymon-Arum talks mean anything when we actually see them do fights together. Haymon doesn't comment to the media, so we are only getting Arum's side.
- One spot in the HOF to give: Cotto or JMM? JMM.
- Will Jermain Taylor fight again? Does not believe so.
- What is next for Broner? Must deal with his legal issues. If he is available in the fall, he could face Provodnikov (assuming he wins).
- Still nothing on Ward fighting July 30th and they are running out of time to get it done.
- Ward vs. Kovalev location? Likely Vegas.
- Will Robert Easter win the lightweight title? Yes.
- Wilder vs. Joshua? Not likely in the near future. Probably will marinate too long.
- Best boxing rivalry? Ali-Frazier.
- The boxing cards on ESPN so far have been very weak.
- Matthysse wants to fight again, but no news.
- Yes JCC is back with Roach. Roach can get him in shape and a plan, but can't do anything about his lack of heart.
- No interest in JCC vs. Love.
- Worst case scenario for the Canelo-GB lawsuit? A large 8 figure judgment. The lawsuit is about money, they aren't interested in promoting Canelo. Having this go to trial is shocking. Very surprising GB didn't settle years ago.
- ODH vs. Mosley 2? Scored it for ODH.
- Prime Paul Williams vs. Prime Kirkland? Williams, easily.
- Sickest KO's? Martinez vs. Williams, Pacquiao-Hatton, Hearns-Duran, Hopkins-Lipsey, RJJ-Hill, GGG-Macklin, Wilson-Nwodo, JMM-Pacquiao, Jackson-Graham, and Canelo-Khan.
- How does Tyson rate all time among HW's? Top 20 all time, not top 10. Definitely rates: Ali, Louis, Foreman, Holmes, Lewis, Klitschko x 2, Holyfield, Frazier, Marciano, Dempsey, and Johnson ahead of him.
- The only 2 options for greatest HW of all time he considers legit are Ali or Louis.
- PFP #1 all time? Most say SRR.
- What would have happened if Frazier went out for the 15th in the Thrilla in Manila? Both guys were on fumes and damaged, it may have gone to the cards.
- Barthelemy wants to move up in weight.
- Did Angelo save Ali with the glove trick after the KD vs. Cooper? Yes.
- Never got an explanation as to why ODH stopped jabbing vs. Mayweather. He was winning the fight until he stopped jabbing.
- Lubin is a tremendous prospect, but his card isn't worthy of primetime TV.
- Weights: Rocky Martinez 129.8, Vasyl Lomachenko 129.6, Felix Verdejo 134.8, Juan Jose Martinez 133.8.
- Leonard Ellerbe came to work with Floyd because he was a family friend who started setting up camps for Floyd and worked with his as a strength coach and then became a very trusted friend.
- Barrera was such a huge underdog vs. Hamed because he was seen as a slugger and hadn't evolved into the more skillful boxer later in his career.
- Verdejo needs to look good. It is a nobody opponent and he needs to pick it up.
- Doesn't have a problem with Fonfara's fight...just has a problem with it headlining network TV.
- Tapia a HOF'er? Inclined to say yes.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm gonna watch that Herrera fight thia weekend once I finish B Hop vs Taylor 1.

Heard #swiftset got a giftset decision :mjpls:

If jabbing, holding N headbutting is your thing...

But here at #swiftset we out land you by 72 power punches... Only gifts we know is that left hook that'll knock your eyebrows off your face :ohlawd:

:Smugswift:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I'm gonna watch that Herrera fight thia weekend once I finish B Hop vs Taylor 1.

Heard #swiftset got a giftset decision :mjpls:
You heard wrong. It was close I have scored it for either fighter tbh. Danny won on the inside with power punches but hererea was awkward and showed good boxing skills. But as usual the fighter that was coming foward got the benefit of the doubt

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
- Wilder should be facing Arreola next and there isn't anything wrong with that fight on short notice.
an arreola with no type of upside coming off a draw and a suspension :beli:

- When you win a vacant WBC belt you must face two mandatories in a row. So Jermell Charlo will likely face Hatley, then the winner of Andrade-Nelson.
not mad at any of these fights at all

Showtime Extreme fights are on at 7 pm tomorrow, despite the fact some cable companies are not listing it on their lineup.
i was wondering if that was the case...good deal

- LSC vs. Frampton should be announced next week. The fight is made, but they are waiting to announce in respect for Ali.
- Jacobs will be fighting Mora on the undercard of LSC-Frampton.
lsc-frampton does not excite me; im with the jacobs-mora 2 fight though

- Still interested in Lomachenko vs. Salido 2? Sure.
sure salido can give lomachenko another lesson in how to box again

- Will Jermain Taylor fight again? Does not believe so.
shouldnt..that boy has problems..problems that dont need to be exacerbated by taking shots to the head

- Will Robert Easter win the lightweight title? Yes.
if he doesn't ill be surprised..hell ill be surprised if dude stays at 135 period with this frame

- Yes JCC is back with Roach. Roach can get him in shape and a plan, but can't do anything about his lack of heart.
im not holding my breath with jr

- No interest in JCC vs. Love.
i do surprisingly..they are both in the same boat

- Prime Paul Williams vs. Prime Kirkland? Williams, easily.
agreed

- What would have happened if Frazier went out for the 15th in the Thrilla in Manila? Both guys were on fumes and damaged, it may have gone to the cards.
doesnt matter..the damage was already done

- Verdejo needs to look good. It is a nobody opponent and he needs to pick it up.
agreed

- Tapia a HOF'er? Inclined to say yes.
hell yeah..Johnny :to:..i still need to pick up his biography for my tablet

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
idk fam I'm out of the loop like a motherfukker i ain't even know PrettyBoy Activis was fighting till this week :francis:
Loma just asked Martinez to give up 300k of his purse to give to the winner.

People thought it was all talk vs. Walters, but he is the one guy who is serious about doing it.

Walters still on the sideline. :sas2:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Ward>>>>KKKov

Master boxer>good boxer with ++ power

Ward settling in at 175 is the worst thing for kkkov, he'll be rough housing him around the ring and make sure the fight is fought at close quarters. JDJ says Ward has 3 flaws they can exploit, but Kov has 5x that Ward can exploit. I predict he won't give Kov enough room to get his power shots off (Kkkov can box but once it gets in close quarters? nah), and will start frustrating him by the 5th round. Ward UD although kov has a punchers chance, if he can catch Ward dipping in with the high guard and open for the uppercut.

@Yuzo you got a breakdown for us breh? @krackdagawd any krackubox?

I think this is going to be a career highlight fight for him. I have some gifs somewhere I made a while back but I think i touched on it in the Bhop/kkkov fight thread in regards to how to beat that racist demon.

also their stamina is also probably equal I didn't see any of them totally gassed yet...

It's one thing to have stamina but it's another thing to have "dog fight" as @Yuzo likes to call it stamina. We haven't seen Kovalev in that ugly inside type of dog fight ala Ward/Bika or Ward/Froch in parts. nikkas in here will tell you how a round of two of that shyt will have you :dead: :dead: :dead: