Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
He said after the Khan fight that he will fight him in 160. Plus I still don't give pass for fighting in 155 if you already have a title at 160. I don't like when fighters suit the borders for their taste. If some scrub would have been his mandatory for that mw belt and not Golovkin he would have take it without a doubt imo...

And I'm not even biased against Canelo or anything, as a fighter he is one of my favourites right no, that's a part of why I am upset about him backing out.
Going back on your word isn't a duck imo. It's canelo saying some dumb shyt in the moment without thinking. Lil g has zero leverage, if he wants the shot make him come to you. If not that lil nikka ain't going nowhere.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Sure, I'd go along with that if you go along with this:

Isn't Canelo a natural JMW though? Maybe a bigger kind of JMW who could go to MW but not like he would be a natural MW:mjpls:

How could GGG not be a SMW, but yet he fought at 165 in the AMs?:sas1:

He dropped weight in the pros to fight at MW, but refuses to ever move up while requesting others to do so for him and then people act like he would be a small SMW......ignoring the fact much smaller fighters have moved up over and over again AND the fact GGG has the same physical dimensions as James Toney and Toney dominated at SMW:shaq2:
fighters in the am usually fight at higher wieghts then the pros, im guessing they fight at there walk around weight... but im sure u knew that :leostare:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
:francis:

Rigo would beat him though if Loma would took the fight...
I think Loma agreed to everything for the fight and Rigo had nearly agreed to everything. Then Rigo fought another boring fight (to the non-hardcore fan) and Arum wanted nothing to do with the fight and basically pulled everything off the table. That is when the Walters-Loma negotiations started and they had agreed on everything but money (on Walters end) and Walters eventually backed out.

@krackdagawd, might have full accuracy on it, since he follows Loma more closely.

Surprised we haven't seen anything for Walters though. At least a stay busy fight. Put on another impressive KO and try to build some hype to get more money for a fight vs. Loma. But it may be that HBO is just that tight with money right now that they won't pay for it at all. :martin:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
fighters in the am usually fight at higher wieghts then the pros, im guessing they fight at there walk around weight... but im sure u knew that :leostare:

That's funny because he was fighting 12 years ago at 165 in the AMs against people like Lucian Bute (who started his professional career as a Light Heavyweight), Andre Dirrell (who started his career at Super Middleweight), Matt Korobov (who started his career at Super Middleweight), & Andy Lee (who's fought as high as Super Middleweight).......but yet he's STILL at Middleweight and has never once moved up:jbhmm:

If they were fighting at their walk around....as you say....then why do they all have fights at SMW on their resume, but he doesn't? Wouldn't they all be around the same size, but yet he's the only 1 of em never to fight above 160 even though he fought at 165 in the AMs like they did?:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I think Loma agreed to everything for the fight and Rigo had nearly agreed to everything. Then Rigo fought another boring fight (to the non-hardcore fan) and Arum wanted nothing to do with the fight and basically pulled everything off the table. That is when the Walters-Loma negotiations started and they had agreed on everything but money (on Walters end) and Walters eventually backed out.

@krackdagawd, might have full accuracy on it, since he follows Loma more closely.

Surprised we haven't seen anything for Walters though. At least a stay busy fight. Put on another impressive KO and try to build some hype to get more money for a fight vs. Loma. But it may be that HBO is just that tight with money right now that they won't pay for it at all. :martin:

Rigo didn't want that work and overpriced himself outta the fight.....I tossed him in the bushes after that:sadrigo:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Are any of y'all fiend'n for a new Fight Night next gen...I know this not arcadium but I be wanting to play the shyt so damn.

My ps3 just recently died. I literally only kept when I got my 4 just so I can still play F.N....its so many fighters they can add now the roster would be flame plus legends.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
That's funny because he was fighting 12 years ago at 165 in the AMs against people like Lucian Bute (who started his professional career as a Light Heavyweight), Andre Dirrell (who started his career at Super Middleweight), Matt Korobov (who started his career at Super Middleweight), & Andy Lee (who's fought as high as Super Middleweight).......but yet he's STILL at Middleweight and has never once moved up:jbhmm:

If they were fighting at their walk around....as you say....then why do they all have fights at SMW on their resume, but he doesn't? Wouldn't they all be around the same size, but yet he's the only 1 of em never to fight above 160 even though he fought at 165 in the AMs like they did?:jbhmm:
there bodies were still growing:yeshrug:, if ggg walks around right now at 170 should tell u all about his body.