Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Mexican Hero putting in work

We might just move back down to 160 :Jccjr:

Rtjg9Ol.jpg

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

I've said this about JCC Jr (and he's done it, even though he ended up taking an L, he still actually has done so & moved up twice) and Im gonna CONTINUE to say this about GGG until he does so.

There's nothing :banderas: about beating up guys from smaller divisions:camby:

Fight someone in YOUR class, or if they don't want to fight, move up and fight someone who DOES just like every one else has done in the sport of Boxing.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

I've said this about JCC Jr (and he's done it, even though he ended up taking an L, he still actually has done so & moved up twice) and Im gonna CONTINUE to say this about GGG until he does so.

There's nothing :banderas: about beating up guys from smaller divisions:camby:

Fight someone in YOUR class, or if they don't want to fight, move up and fight someone who DOES just like every one else has done in the sport of Boxing.

Isn't he a natural MW though? Maybe a bigger kind of MW who could go to SMW but not like he would be a natural SMW.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Disagree with this
Not saying he is elite or anything but take into account how he lost...
He arguably beat Martinez, fight was very close and could go either way. Against Sturm he could also won if the fight isn't in Germany, it was also a very close fight.
And also he stod on his feet for the longest time against Golovkin in the recent years and he wasn't even that scared compared to some others, he had his moments, not many but had.

JCC Jr. fought only with smaller guys but even then he managed to completely washed by a post prime Martinez who easily beat him throughout 11 rounds and Chavez only got his chance in the last round when he KD-d him. And after he stepped up in class and got a decent opponent in the face of Fonfara we all saw what happened.

If Murry would have gotten those close wins over Sergio and Sturm, he'd be looked at with more respect. He was never the A-side so he's not going to get those close decisions and fans shyt on him for that which is kinda unfair, but this is boxing. You don't get credit for almost doing something. You gotta get the official win.

I think him and Chavez Jr are on the same level or near each other, but you gotta give Chavez Jr the edge in accomplishments. The Lee win was pretty good in hindsight, since Quillin and Saunders struggled with him. Junior struggled with him for about 3 rounds and then took over and stopped Lee.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Isn't he a natural MW though? Maybe a bigger kind of MW who could go to SMW but not like he would be a natural SMW.

Sure, I'd go along with that if you go along with this:

Isn't Canelo a natural JMW though? Maybe a bigger kind of JMW who could go to MW but not like he would be a natural MW:mjpls:

How could GGG not be a SMW, but yet he fought at 165 in the AMs?:sas1:

He dropped weight in the pros to fight at MW, but refuses to ever move up while requesting others to do so for him and then people act like he would be a small SMW......ignoring the fact much smaller fighters have moved up over and over again AND the fact GGG has the same physical dimensions as James Toney and Toney dominated at SMW:shaq2:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Sure, I'd go along with that if you go along with this:

Isn't Canelo a natural JMW though? Maybe a bigger kind of JMW who could go to MW but not like he would be a natural MW:mjpls:

How could GGG not be a SMW, but yet he fought at 165 in the AMs?:sas1:

He dropped weight in the pros to fight at MW, but refuses to ever move up while requesting others to do so for him and then people act like he would be a small SMW......ignoring the fact much smaller fighters have moved up over and over again AND the fact GGG has the same physical dimensions as James Toney and Toney dominated at SMW:shaq2:

Golovkin never asked for more than 160 for a fight though and never hold an smw belt.
The amateur part true and I also think that he wouldn't have that bad disadvantage or wouldn't have size disadvantage at all at smw but so far he always could make the weight for 160 without much effort contrary to Canelo or JCC Jr. But let's not lump in Canelo with JCC Jr., later is a notorious weight misser, Caelo never missed just didn't want it on 154.

Refershing role, me as defending Golovkin, :dame: I used to arguing with his stans about why he isn't all that great as they say

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 6/3:

- No news on GGG vs. Canelo is not good or bad. Currently GGG's promoter is out of the country and GB is involved in a civil case over Canelo's contract. Personally he doesn't think the fight happens this year.
- Very suprised the Canelo civil case went to trial. Zabala's side believe they have a very strong case. GB could be in some trouble.
- Canelo vs. Liam Smith? It is possible, but GB likely is talking to multiple opponents and will have their choice of who to fight.
- Skeptical we see GGG vs. Zurdo any time soon, but I guess it is possible.
- Floyd vs. GGG at 154? GGG by KO.
- BJS made himself look stupid when he turned down career money offered vs. GGG and then after GGG signed a fight started calling him out.
- Could RJJ go back to the Olympics and try to get his gold, now that pro's can participate? Doesn't think anyone over 40 is allowed.
- The WBC has said they will impose a 2 year ban in their rankings if you are a pro who participates in the Olympics (which he supports). Has not heard of any other sanctioning bodies doing anything.
- 154 has good matches. We should see Charlo vs. J-Rock.
- Bellew's heart and desire are sometimes greater than his talent. He would be an underdog vs. Glowacki, Lebedev, Drozd, and Usyk, but he certainly could win any of those fights.
- CBS SportsNet will air Gutierrez-Mijares. No time yet, because they aren't sure if it will be live or slight tape delay.
- Beterbiev: real or not? Seems real.
- Talked with Gabe Rosado and he wants the JCC fight. He cannot make 155. He currently weighs 163 and needs to cut 3 more pounds to make his 160 lb fight (as of yesterday) and looked lean. He would be more effective at 168 than he would be at anything below 160.
- The amount of battles Salido has been in is certainly a risk that could be a disadvantage.
- Vargas by late KO.
- Picking Barthelemy.
- Floyd vs. McGregor is a farce that is not going to happen. If it does...it should not be taken seriously.
- Ali fought Lyle Alzado, but it was an exhibition.
- More intimidating in person: Wlad or Vitali? Vitali.
- Why does Lara keep getting main events? No idea.
- Lara fans believe that if they keep saying he beat Canelo than it will actually come true.
- Nothing official for Danny Garcia, but most think it will be Berto in the fall.
- No news on Omar Figueroa.
- No news on Nicholas Walters.
- Could Williams upset Stevenson? Yes, because Williams can punch.
- Not sure who Chocolatito will fight next, but if he was picking he would choose Estrada or Nietes.
- Hoping that was Shane Mosley's last fight.
- Most PBC fighters have a lower profile now than when PBC began. Wilder is an exception. Stevenson's lack of profile is his own fault. He has chosen crappy opponents.
- Storm Alvarez is Stevenson's mandatory. He will fight on the July undercard and they should meet in the fall in Montreal in what should be a pretty big event.
- Wilder's next fight is not set yet. Jennings won't be an opponent because he won't accept it on such short notice or for the money being offered.
- The winner of Zlaticanin vs. Mammani will fight Linares, if Linares takes the fight.
- Everyone he knows believes Lomachenko will dominate Martinez.
- Luis Ortiz vs. any other HW? Ortiz is probably the favorite vs. all other HW's currently.
- The fact that Joe Smith is in a headlining fight on NBC primetime is pathetic.
- Has never been to a boxing fight as a fan with no media responsibilities.
- Does not think the winner of Thurman vs. Porter will fight the winner of Vargas vs. Brook. Likely the Thurman-Porter winner will face Garcia or another top 147 lb Haymon fighter.
- Tyson's fight in Memphis was one of the best fight week build ups. Very memorable.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
- BJS made himself look stupid when he turned down career money offered vs. GGG and then after GGG signed a fight started calling him out.
That he did...that belt needs to be removed from his waist ASAP

- Bellew's heart and desire are sometimes greater than his talent. He would be an underdog vs. Glowacki, Lebedev, Drozd, and Usyk, but he certainly could win any of those fights.
after this weekend, i can believe it

- Talked with Gabe Rosado and he wants the JCC fight. He cannot make 155. He currently weighs 163 and needs to cut 3 more pounds to make his 160 lb fight (as of yesterday) and looked lean. He would be more effective at 168 than he would be at anything below 160.
rosado used to be able to make 155..hell 154..at one time he was the IBF's number one contender there..a favorite to beat K9..but you know things happened :francis:

- The amount of battles Salido has been in is certainly a risk that could be a disadvantage.
very true...he is on a slide..but slow one..his punch resistance is wearing down

- Ali fought Lyle Alzado, but it was an exhibition.
alzado was hopped on all kinds of shyt when he played football and took hits..but one punch from an aging Ali when he tried to take liberties rocked him worse than a football hit lol

- No news on Omar Figueroa.
that dude was on TV the other weekend looking like he was eating too good...that dude doesn't look concerned about boxing

- Has never been to a boxing fight as a fan with no media responsibilities.
odd

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
"Most PBC fighters have a lower profile now than when PBC began. "

Nah, that's a bullshyt...

Outside of Wilder:

Thurman, Garcia, J. Rock, Spence, Santa Cruz, Jacobs, Charlo twins, Glowacki, Frampton, Barthelemy...

all have higher profile now
and the ones who have lower usually just lost or fukked up for themselves it was hardly PBC's fault

PBC isn't perfect and it can get valid critic but here I think we could just saw Dan Rafael being biased

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I was upset with the Bellew fight, I wanted that boring prick to lose and based on the odds and the first round it seemed like he will get KTFO-d but then... :francis:
Hope someone will beat him, this cruiserweight is too good for Bellew being a champion in it

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
S

Still a disappointment that he backed out from the Golovkin fight. I'm not even a Golovkin fan but damn... This was a straight duck... :shaq2:
How is that a duck when he never fought above 155. All this means it's he gonna collect a few scalps at 154 then go up to 160 and fight lil g. Golovkin ain't going nowhere.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
How is that a duck when he never fought above 155. All this means it's he gonna collect a few scalps at 154 then go up to 160 and fight lil g. Golovkin ain't going nowhere.
He said after the Khan fight that he will fight him in 160. Plus I still don't give pass for fighting in 155 if you already have a title at 160. I don't like when fighters suit the borders for their taste. If some scrub would have been his mandatory for that mw belt and not Golovkin he would have take it without a doubt imo...

And I'm not even biased against Canelo or anything, as a fighter he is one of my favourites right no, that's a part of why I am upset about him backing out.