Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Question....What happens if GGG KO's Lara or clearly beats Lara 120-108/119-109 with Lara on his bike half the fight (like against Canelo)?

Do we give GGG credit or do we pretend we didn't request that matchup?

Have you missed me saying Lara would be best his best win or nah :francis:

I'm sure he'll fight Monroe Jr co worker from footlocker and you'll think it's a good match up because the alphabet magically ranked him #4 a week before the fight's announced tho :francis:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Have you missed me saying Lara would be best his best win or nah :francis:

That's not answering the question:martin:

If Lara goes ahead and faces GGG at the full 160 limit and gets beat all the way the fk down....a simple "GGG got his best win" aint gonna suffice for all the pom-pom waving going on for that fight right now. We are ASKING for GGG to face a much smaller man who doesn't like to sit down on his punches and doesn't like getting hit to the body either. If GGG destroys him, and Lara DOESNT make it to the finish line, what does that mean at the end of the day? Do we say. ":damn: GGG is a monster:mindblown:"...do we say "GGG did what he was supposed to do:manny:"...what's the end game? Lets not pretend like we REALLY care about GGG's resume, we don't. Even with his resume, we all acknowledge he's the best at his weight class and the favorite over every fighter who would agree to fight him at 160 who in fact do have better resumes.

Real talk, Im tired of seeing smaller fighters getting dragged up, abused, then sent back to their weight divisions where they belong:manny:

Lara should fight a 160lber first (even Daniel Geale), show that he can deal with a larger man's punch first, then move up. Lara is a good dude and I don't wanna see him "ruined" because other fighters at Middleweight don't wanna get in the ring with GGG. Peter Quillin, Daniel Jacobs, Billy Joe Saunders, Andy Lee, Chris Eubank...somebody come forward:mindblown:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Lara has only won 13 of his 27 career fights via KO (48% KO ratio) so far and would be moving up in weight to fight a guy naturally much larger.....and Lara has only 7 KOs period in the last 6 years.
your numbers are wrong here. he has 13 kos per 23 career wins not 27. thats 57% not 48%.

and your comparison is using one guy who has had way more fights. in this context thats to say that he knocked out more cab drivers.

or we can use eye test which in this context may make more sense than these numbers.

I5zsXofk.gif

i dont think hes a huge puncher but i dont think he has power that you can just disregard and walk through.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
your numbers are wrong here. he has 13 kos per 23 career wins not 27. thats 57% not 48%.

and your comparison is using one guy who has had way more fights. in this context thats to say that he knocked out more cab drivers.

or we can use eye test which in this context may make more sense than these numbers.

I5zsXofk.gif

i dont think hes a huge puncher but i dont think he has power that you can just disregard and walk through.

Breh, you cant show me an "eye test" of 2 different fighters.

You may believe so, but I believe that there's no chance at all Gennady Golovkin would touch the canvas against Erislandy Lara.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
no they wont. but i think that its a different dynamic. another southpaw kassim ouma hit ggg with a lot of punches. ggg is dangerous but he is someone you can hit. lara is someone that can catch you and can hurt you at any moment. so thats a fight with suspense in every moment. fun match up.

True bruh. I didn't think Lara had the power to get Angulo's attention but he busted him up good & stunned him & ultimately stopped him. His power is definitely deceptive

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
You may believe so, but I believe that there's no chance at all Gennady Golovkin would touch the canvas against Erislandy Lara.
i dont think he has to kd or ko ggg to win.

Lara's the type of guy that can put you to the edge, but he won't push you over the cliff.

he needs to show ggg that when he comes in he can make it hot too.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
That's not answering the question:martin:

If Lara goes ahead and faces GGG at the full 160 limit and gets beat all the way the fk down....a simple "GGG got his best win" aint gonna suffice for all the pom-pom waving going on for that fight right now. We are ASKING for GGG to face a much smaller man who doesn't like to sit down on his punches and doesn't like getting hit to the body either. If GGG destroys him, and Lara DOESNT make it to the finish line, what does that mean at the end of the day? Do we say. ":damn: GGG is a monster:mindblown:"...do we say "GGG did what he was supposed to do:manny:"...what's the end game? Lets not pretend like we REALLY care about GGG's resume, we don't. Even with his resume, we all acknowledge he's the best at his weight class and the favorite over every fighter who would agree to fight him at 160 who in fact do have better resumes.

Real talk, Im tired of seeing smaller fighters getting dragged up, abused, then sent back to their weight divisions where they belong:manny:

Lara should fight a 160lber first (even Daniel Geale), show that he can deal with a larger man's punch first, then move up. Lara is a good dude and I don't wanna see him "ruined" because other fighters at Middleweight don't wanna get in the ring with GGG. Peter Quillin, Daniel Jacobs, Billy Joe Saunders, Andy Lee, Chris Eubank...somebody come forward:mindblown:

Saying a guy would be his best win isn't giving him credit? You typing up words just to type them then.

What you want to throw a parade for him or some shyt? :dwillhuh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Saying a guy would be his best win isn't giving him credit? You typing up words just to type them then.

What you want to throw a parade for him or some shyt? :dwillhuh:

If GGG dominates a guy Canelo struggled with....yes, it definitely should be a big deal to you since yall keep parroting "bu-bu-but it can one up Canelo".

Hell, Canelo himself needs to run it back with Lara because he barely won.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
If GGG dominates a guy Canelo struggled with....yes, it definitely should be a big deal to you since yall keep parroting "bu-bu-but it can one up Canelo".

Hell, Canelo himself needs to run it back with Lara because he barely won.

What do you want us to have a fat dan circle jerk over it? Saying it's his best win and a good W isn't good enough for you? fukk out of here with this fam :mjlol:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
True bruh. I didn't think Lara had the power to get Angulo's attention but he busted him up good & stunned him & ultimately stopped him. His power is definitely deceptive
Lara can crack yes, but that's not why his 'power' is effective. It's timing and accuracy--that's how he pumpkin headed Angulo's eye not b'c of the power behind it.

Hard to walk through a quick southpaw jab that's 3"s longer than yours.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
What do you want us to have a fat dan circle jerk over it? Saying it's his best win and a good W isn't good enough for you? fukk out of here with this fam :mjlol:

Gennady Golovkin beats Daniel Geale via KO in 2 rounds it was :russell::shaq2:

Miguel Cotto beats Daniel Geale via KO in 4 rounds it's :banderas::ohlawd:

Canelo Alvarez struggles heavily with Erislandy Lara and wins via close SD and it's :obama::ehh:

Gennady Golovkin faces Erislandy Lara and beats him via KO or wide UD and it's "what, you want us to have a parade?":martin:

14rkmn.jpg

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Lara can crack yes, but that's not why his 'power' is effective. It's timing and accuracy--that's how he pumpkin headed Angulo's eye not b'c of the power behind it.

Hard to walk through a quick southpaw jab that's 3"s longer than yours.

That's exactly why I said it's deceptive. He was catching & stinging Angulo with those kinds of shots. Also Larry Holmes was another that had deceptive power for similar reasons.