Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Kosher and Kenny Charismatic get into Captain America The Civil War. Kosher tells Kenny that the movie is all about Becky with the long hair, oops he means Bucky. He feels Captain dropped his shield for a cape and is out here changing his name to Capetain. Kenny feels the movie was done well and it delievered on giving everyone screen time but it did not stay true to the comics. Kosher says the horror/scary movie genre is alive and well with a new direction/plot that can be explored. Kosher and Kenny give their take on the rumors of Mayweather vs Mcgregor and if the fight happens bet the bank on Floyd.

Please check out the website www.fteswl.com and add the new Twitter www.twitter.com/fteswl1 thank you.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Lara wants fight with GGG, rematch with Alvarez
i
play
Lara outpoints Martirosyan, retains 154-pound title

Junior middleweight titleholder Erislandy Lara outpointed Vanes Martirosyan in a rematch of their 2012 technical draw on Saturday night at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas to retain his belt for the fourth time and is calling for a bigger fight.

Lara (23-2-2, 13 KOs), a former amateur standout on the Cuban national team before he defected, is the consensus No. 1 boxer at 154 pounds. But because his fights -- to put it nicely -- generally lack in entertainment value thanks to a less-than-scintillating technical style, he has not gained any traction with fans.

That makes it hard for him to secure major fights with any regularity, though because he mouthed off at Canelo Alvarez at the news conference after his win against Alfredo Angulo in 2014, Alvarez decided to fight him next (much to the chagrin of his handlers at Golden Boy). Alvarez beat him by well-deserved split decision in a fight that helped Lara cement his reputation for mobility by running like a track star for long stretches.

Now Lara wants a rematch with Alvarez, who went on to win the lineal middleweight title, or a shot at three-belt unified middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin. Neither fight has much of a chance to happen, but nobody should blame the 33-year-old Lara for calling for them.

"I'm ready to step up and fight anyone in my division, or if a big fight can be made at middleweight, I'm willing to be great [by moving up in weight],” Lara said. “My first choice is to fight GGG. My next choice would be to have a rematch with Canelo.”

If he can’t land either fight, Lara has another thing in mind: making junior middleweight history.

“If either fight can't be made, then my focus will be to put my name in the record books. All the fights at this level are tough, so to break the record for most consecutive title defenses at [junior middleweight] would be unbelievable,” Lara said.

Italy’s Gianfranco Rosi set the record by making 11 consecutive defense of his 154-pound belt between 1989 and 1994, going 10-0-1.

"I'm ready to fight anybody between welterweight and middleweight,” Lara said. “My first choice is to fight GGG because I feel he's the toughest opponent and would be a fight that would solidify my legacy. My next choice would be to have a rematch with Canelo because we all know there's unfinished business with lots of controversy. If either fight can't be made, then my focus will be to put my name in the record books and defend my titles 12 times to break the record and unify [the titles] all at the same time."

So Lara is saying he will fight anyone from 147 - 160 huh?:jbhmm:

Cant wait for the spin on that statement later on down the line:wow:
I went into the Vanes fight thinking it was a big fight for Lara. He has been talking a lot in the media and I felt he needed an impressive performance to make himself a more viable opponent. He is hard to watch, never looks dominant, and no one really cares about watching him. He didn't do anything to help his case. He should have dominated Vanes on Saturday. He was landing the cleaner punches all night, but he chose to settle for landing punches off his back foot while moving around (and caught hell in bodywork). I had him winning a very close fight...but it looked like if Lara had stepped on the gas a bit and took a little risk he could have blown the fight wide open...instead he settled for an unimpressive win.

That is the crap that gets people upset with Rigo. Rigo wins fights and actually dominates more than Lara does, but after each fight he could have won by an even larger margin if he wanted to and likely could score a KO if he wanted to do anything other than land quick shots and move. Rigo is in a better position in his division. Rigo is the man and even though he can't get fights because no one wants to watch him and he generates no money, he still is king of his weight class. Lara on the other hand, still has plenty of fighters in his division he needs to prove he can beat.

Last edited:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
however, I seriously doubt anyone who doesn't have the power to make GGG second guess himself loses badly (either KO or wide UD).
julio cesar chavez was never knocked down and was considered to have an iron chin too. and then he walked into a right hand thrown by frankie randall.

23Nar4gW.gif

frankie randall was not a big puncher. but a sneaky and accurate punch that you are walking into is a power punch too in its own way. not even chavez can just walk through sneaky and accurate punches. iron chin be damned. youre thinking power. im thinking walking into sneaky and accurate punches from a southpaw with a five inch reach advantage. i think we are really thinking about the same thing but in different ways here.

Last edited:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
no they wont. but i think that its a different dynamic. another southpaw kassim ouma hit ggg with a lot of punches. ggg is dangerous but he is someone you can hit. lara is someone that can catch you and can hurt you at any moment. so thats a fight with suspense in every moment. fun match up.
Hope it happens. Wish Lara would go back to his earlier days and exchange more
:laff:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
i
play
Lara outpoints Martirosyan, retains 154-pound title

Junior middleweight titleholder Erislandy Lara outpointed Vanes Martirosyan in a rematch of their 2012 technical draw on Saturday night at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas to retain his belt for the fourth time and is calling for a bigger fight.

Lara (23-2-2, 13 KOs), a former amateur standout on the Cuban national team before he defected, is the consensus No. 1 boxer at 154 pounds. But because his fights -- to put it nicely -- generally lack in entertainment value thanks to a less-than-scintillating technical style, he has not gained any traction with fans.

That makes it hard for him to secure major fights with any regularity, though because he mouthed off at Canelo Alvarez at the news conference after his win against Alfredo Angulo in 2014, Alvarez decided to fight him next (much to the chagrin of his handlers at Golden Boy). Alvarez beat him by well-deserved split decision in a fight that helped Lara cement his reputation for mobility by running like a track star for long stretches.

Now Lara wants a rematch with Alvarez, who went on to win the lineal middleweight title, or a shot at three-belt unified middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin. Neither fight has much of a chance to happen, but nobody should blame the 33-year-old Lara for calling for them.

"I'm ready to step up and fight anyone in my division, or if a big fight can be made at middleweight, I'm willing to be great [by moving up in weight],” Lara said. “My first choice is to fight GGG. My next choice would be to have a rematch with Canelo.”

If he can’t land either fight, Lara has another thing in mind: making junior middleweight history.

“If either fight can't be made, then my focus will be to put my name in the record books. All the fights at this level are tough, so to break the record for most consecutive title defenses at [junior middleweight] would be unbelievable,” Lara said.

Italy’s Gianfranco Rosi set the record by making 11 consecutive defense of his 154-pound belt between 1989 and 1994, going 10-0-1.

"I'm ready to fight anybody between welterweight and middleweight,” Lara said. “My first choice is to fight GGG because I feel he's the toughest opponent and would be a fight that would solidify my legacy. My next choice would be to have a rematch with Canelo because we all know there's unfinished business with lots of controversy. If either fight can't be made, then my focus will be to put my name in the record books and defend my titles 12 times to break the record and unify [the titles] all at the same time."

So Lara is saying he will fight anyone from 147 - 160 huh?:jbhmm:

Cant wait for the spin on that statement later on down the line:wow:

*update*

dam everyobody been shyttin on fatdan lately :lolbron:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
julio cesar chavez was never knocked down and was considered to have an iron chin too. and then he walked into a right hand thrown by frankie randall.

23Nar4gW.gif

frankie randall was not a big puncher. but a sneaky and accurate punch that you are walking into is a power punch too in its own way. not even chavez can just walk through sneaky and accurate punches. iron chin be damned. youre thinking power. im thinking walking into sneaky and accurate punches from a southpaw with a five inch reach advantage. i think we are really thinking about the same thing but in different ways here.

Frankie Randall had won 39 of his 51 career fights via KO (76% KO ratio) though before facing off with JCC and Randall was in the same division....and he was coming in the ring on a 7 fight KO streak.

Lara has only won 13 of his 27 career fights via KO (48% KO ratio) so far and would be moving up in weight to fight a guy naturally much larger.....and Lara has only 7 KOs period in the last 6 years.

Not comparable to me breh...I seriously doubt Lara can put down GGG:manny:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
alvarez being heavy footed and needing to set his feet to throw punches was shown a lot of movement. that makes sense to me. i dont think he was over moving whatever that means. i think he was under punching.

vs alvarez one factor for why he was not throwing a lot of punches was that he was fighting a counter puncher. good counter punchers tend to make guys tentative to throw punches. thats what good counter punching does. so the fight turned into a mexican stand off. each guy was negating things each guy wanted to do. interesting situation. hard to score.

i think that its a different dynamic vs ggg. ggg is dangerous but being that he is a sharp shooter he is dangerous to ggg too.

RvaVpo6h.gif

WOHKIOeL.gif

thats a fun match up to me.

Yup and now we see this "great at cutting the ring" stuff these guys like to talk about against someone who can move.

But the boxing world is some Mr. Me too ass nikkas and if fat Dan tweets zzzzz nobody wants it n Lara is trash and should just quit boxing. :francis:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You think he has enough power to hurt GGG at 160 and Lemieux didn't?

Remember, he hit Paul Williams with clean power shots over and over again.....and Punisher walked through it. GGG is much bigger.

Lara can crack, it's just his temperament that holds him back from really hurting guys on his level.

Dude could have stopped Punisher if he stepped on the gas in certain spots where he buzzed him but he didn't. He'd go so far and then fall back a little, which allows guys to weather the storm. Lara's the type of guy that can put you to the edge, but he won't push you over the cliff.
Same thing with Clottey. They have good punching technique, but not the intangibles to get the most out of it.

Lateral might be able to hurt GGG, but he won't take advantage of the opportunity. A guy like Trinidad would though.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
this dude said a tournament to find his next opponent?....he really thinks he got the juice like that:russ:.....even HBO like :mjlol:.....you already know that tournament bracket would be pure struggle:deadmanny:

ward bout to come through in disguise like "where do I sign up?"

Screen-Shot-2014-11-10-at-6.01.29-AM.png

:russ:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Yup and now we see this "great at cutting the ring" stuff these guys like to talk about against someone who can move.

But the boxing world is some Mr. Me too ass nikkas and if fat Dan tweets zzzzz nobody wants it n Lara is trash and should just quit boxing. :francis:

Question....What happens if GGG KO's Lara or clearly beats Lara 120-108/119-109 with Lara on his bike half the fight (like against Canelo)?

Do we give GGG credit or do we pretend we didn't request that matchup?

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Frankie Randall had won 39 of his 51 career fights via KO (76% KO ratio) though before facing off with JCC and Randall was in the same division....and he was coming in the ring on a 7 fight KO streak.

Lara has only won 13 of his 27 career fights via KO (48% KO ratio) so far and would be moving up in weight to fight a guy naturally much larger.....and Lara has only 7 KOs period in the last 6 years.

Not comparable to me breh...I seriously doubt Lara can put down GGG:manny:

I don't think dude is talking about kos fam I think he is talking about getting hit w shyt you don't see coming having the most effect (because you can't brace yourself). You're bringing meaningless stats into this and missing the point.

I bet you whoever ggg fight it's better than Canelo opponent.

nikka on the jobber tour but Canelo about to fight one of the nikkas he knocked the fukk out....

Man not a huge fan of GGG. But you nikka going to make you Stan this nikka.

yeah that's the logical conclusion you came to by looking at the resumes I bet :mjlol:

Bet his next opp won't be better than Lara :sas1:

the real question is will he be better than Rosado the GOAT :wow: