Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Which is why I say if that's the case, and we are hand picking Lara for GGG to face, if it comes off and GGG walks through him......we have to :salute: him for that.

From what I read that's not what you saying my nikka

You said cause Lara's not a draw and boring that he's not a worthy opp

That's protective type talk
We don't talk like that in #Swiftset and #AboutBillions :mjpls:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Gennady Golovkin beats Daniel Geale via KO in 2 rounds it was :russell::shaq2:

Miguel Cotto beats Daniel Geale via KO in 4 rounds it's :banderas::ohlawd:

Cotto made him look like that:manny:

Geale landed more punches on GGG (40 Total Punches...33 power) in 3 rounds, than he did on Cotto in 4 rounds (33 Total Punches...22 power).

Cotto outboxed and KOd a MUCH larger man. It was an impressive performance to me.

:russ: should i dig up your post in the ggg gaele thread or nah? :sas1:

You're being biased because you wouldn't give GGG the same praise for beating Lara as you did Cotto for beating Geale....
So how exactly am I supposed to give props for something that didn't happen yet. And care to tell me what exact quote of mine gave you that impression, I'll wait.

Clearly I think more of Lara than most in this thread since i've been saying it's a good fight so how exactly am I not giving him props if he beats him. :francis:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
From what I read that's not what you saying my nikka

You said cause Lara's not a draw and boring that he's not a worthy opp

That's protective type talk

We don't talk like that in #Swiftset and #AboutBillions :mjpls:

That wasn't my actual opinion though.....I was repeating what was told to me in the Lara thread as to why Lara doesn't have to fight guys that have been calling him out (J Rock and Andrade):smugbiden:

I don't believe in financial reasons/business models to duck an opponent breh....remember I was one of the most vocal Floyd "haters" on here because of the same thing:sas2:

So we just in a "duck all threats" era right now? Lara's purse gives him a pass on fighting Julian Williams? To answer you, Williams career high is about $250-300k...Lara's is $1 million.

If you are saying Lara doesnt have to face J Rock because their career high is about $750k apart, then the same could easily be said about Lara calling out GGG who's career high is $2 million (which is a larger disparity in career high purses than Lara/Williams is).

Me, I think Lara vs Williams would be a great matchup so I would like to see it. It seems like yall don't wanna see good matchups anymore and make up reasons for top fighters to duck other top fighters and use financial reasons as the only basis.

And for the record......... #AboutBillions ducks nobody

:aboutbillions:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:russ: should i dig up your post in the ggg gaele thread or nah? :sas1:

:mjlol:

You posted what I said in response to this:

The Fukin Prophecy said:
Cats saying they impressed do yall realize Geale was as effective as a punching bag?:what:

Dude came in at 182 and was slow as shyt, to add to that he's a below average boxer...

If Cotton did this to GGG or Canelo that would be impressive...

But nah he'd rather spar with Geale at a cw...
Newzz said:
Cotto made him look like that:manny:

Geale landed more punches on GGG (40 Total Punches...33 power) in 3 rounds, than he did on Cotto in 4 rounds (33 Total Punches...22 power).

Cotto outboxed and KOd a MUCH larger man. It was an impressive performance to me.

So apparently, you're proving MY point.....Im not biased at all:sas1:

I give props when they are due and I HATE Miguel Cotto:sas2:

Nice try, but poor execution:manny:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
13254705_1194736673884006_3017948827516507572_o.jpg

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Gennady Golovkin beats Daniel Geale via KO in 2 rounds it was :russell::shaq2:

Miguel Cotto beats Daniel Geale via KO in 4 rounds it's :banderas::ohlawd:

Canelo Alvarez struggles heavily with Erislandy Lara and wins via close SD and it's :obama::ehh:

Gennady Golovkin faces Erislandy Lara and beats him via KO or wide UD and it's "what, you want us to have a parade?":martin:

14rkmn.jpg
Spot on breh

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Showtime Sues Top Rank Over Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight

The pay network says Pacquiao's promoter breached an indemnification agreement

The 2015 boxing match between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, billed as the fight of the century, was widely seen as a disappointment. Now, a year after a hail of class action lawsuits followed the match, Showtime Networks is suing Pacquiao's promoter Top Rank for an alleged failure to live up to an indemnification agreement.

In New York federal court, Showtime filed the complaint on Wednesday. The lawsuit recounts that after the 12-round fight resulted in a unanimous decision in favor of Mayweather, Pacquiao admitted fighting with an injury. Because of this, Showtime (which along with HBO broadcast the fight) was named as a co-defendant in some of the lawsuits that followed.

"Under an agreement among SNI, TRI and others, TRI was obligated to defend and indemnify SNI," states the complaint. "But at the outset of these actions, it was manifest that SNI and TRI, which was alleged to have known of and concealed the pre-fight injury, had starkly different interests.... At once, SNI demanded that TRI honor its contractual obligations to indemnify SNI and pay for SNI's own counsel to defend it in these actions because of the manifest potential conflict between them. TRI refused."

The complaint says that Top Rank insisted there was no conflict.

Showtime says it began "forging its own path" and obtaining dismissals of lawsuits against the pay-tv network. It now wants its legal expenses paid. According to the complaint, "As of May 12, 2016, $682,754.07, including interest, remains unpaid by TRI and due to SNL."

This legal match may not be so one-sided.

The complaint says that last October, Top Rank threatened "to assert its own claims for indemnity against Showtime" premised on Showtime's representation that publicity materials in connection with the fight would not give rise to any claim of unfair competition. Apparently, Top Rank is now taking the position that some of the lawsuits over the fight contained allegations that would constitute a breach of Showtime's promises on this front.

Showtime is represented by Seth Lapidow and Michael Rowe at Blank Rome.

We're reaching out for comment from Top Rank's lawyer.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Even if ggg fights Lara and does the expected, it'll still leave me and a lot of people like "yea, and??"

While it'll be his best win resume wise, would it really be saying something that he washed a dude who been having struggle fights recently? Thats exactly what the perception would be.

Like somebody said, it would be more appealing if Lara was the actual king of 154 and was moving up tryna get a ggg fight, but he isnt.
I don't even care who this dude fights. but if not canelo, who else out there would bring him more praise then dominating lara?....we're acting like little g is out here fighting beasts. when your last fight came against dominic wade, it's kinda ridiculous to turn your nose up to fighting lara. even if the response is "yea, and??"....wasn't that everybody's reponse when he knocked out daniel geale and dominic wade?....wouldn't that be everybody's response if he were to knock out billy joe saunders?.....who can little g fight at middlweight that's not gonna leave everybody like :russell:?.....so why not just take on lara?....dude is an accomplished fighter who had a close fight with canelo. and he's the slick type of counter puncher little g has yet to face. and that's why they don't want to do it. not because they can't win, but because there's a slight chance lara can actually make him look human.