Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
briggs-marrone%20(4).jpg

briggs-marrone%20(7).jpg

:dame:

briggs look like he's fighting someone who just walked off the set of being an extra off seinfeld :camby:

still calling out wlad when he's fighting guys that are not even top 50 let alone 100. i don't see why he can't fight arreola :manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
On the subject of PBC getting hated on...one of the primary reasons why PBC has made itself such an easy target for criticism is that Haymon has put together a roster of top stars but the matchmaking seems to have no interest in pitting them against one another.
Broner/Porter and the upcoming LSC/Mares fight are the type of match-ups that people were hoping to see on these cards not Erislandy Lara vs Delvin Rodriguez and Keith Thurman vs Luis Collazo.
Better fights would dead any ammo the hating ass boxing journalists have to fire at PBC.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@patscorpio

Carlos Molina Moving Down, Invades Welterweight

Posted by: Miguel Rivera on 8/12/2015

By Miguel Rivera

Former IBF junior middleweight champion Carlos Molina is moving down to the welterweight division. Molina will finally see action on August 15 in Montreal against Hector Munoz, in what is going to be at 150-pounds as the Mexican fighter works his way down in weight. Former super middleweight champion Lucian Bute will headline the Montreal card.

Molina was deported last year to Mexico and the a legal remedy is being worked out to allow him to fight once again in the United States.

Molina (22-6-2, 6 KO) says Erislandy Lara will not give him a rematch and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez has refused to face him, so he plans to hunt after big fights at 147 against the likes of Amir Khan, Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia, Adrien Broner and Shawn Porter.

"This fight with Hector Munoz will be at 150 pounds, but I will go to 147 after this fight. I need to be more active, we were given the opportunity going to Canada and we are happy about it," Molina told ESPN Deportes.

"I know at 147 pounds there are good opportunities. This is my plan and we are happy because we know that there will be a lot of activity for me in the coming months."

http://www.boxingscene.com/carlos-molina-moving-down-invades-welterweight--94554

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@patscorpio

By Miguel Rivera

Former IBF junior middleweight champion Carlos Molina is moving down to the welterweight division. Molina will finally see action on August 15 in Montreal against Hector Munoz, in what is going to be at 150-pounds as the Mexican fighter works his way down in weight. Former super middleweight champion Lucian Bute will headline the Montreal card.

Molina was deported last year to Mexico and the a legal remedy is being worked out to allow him to fight once again in the United States.

Molina (22-6-2, 6 KO) says Erislandy Lara will not give him a rematch and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez has refused to face him, so he plans to hunt after big fights at 147 against the likes of Amir Khan, Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia, Adrien Broner and Shawn Porter.

"This fight with Hector Munoz will be at 150 pounds, but I will go to 147 after this fight. I need to be more active, we were given the opportunity going to Canada and we are happy about it," Molina told ESPN Deportes.

"I know at 147 pounds there are good opportunities. This is my plan and we are happy because we know that there will be a lot of activity for me in the coming months."

http://www.boxingscene.com/carlos-molina-moving-down-invades-welterweight--94554
I can dig it...I'm confident he will win a belt there...king Carlos is back and ready to spoil :boss:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@patscorpio

By Miguel Rivera

A Mexican in the division you say N a member of Pats struggle squad??:youngsabo:

:Purge2:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
On the subject of PBC getting hated on...one of the primary reasons why PBC has made itself such an easy target for criticism is that Haymon has put together a roster of top stars but the matchmaking seems to have no interest in pitting them against one another.
Broner/Porter and the upcoming LSC/Mares fight are the type of match-ups that people were hoping to see on these cards not Erislandy Lara vs Delvin Rodriguez and Keith Thurman vs Luis Collazo.
Better fights would dead any ammo the hating ass boxing journalists have to fire at PBC.

I think these are all good matchups from the PBC thus far:

Thurman vs Guerrero
Andre Berto vs Josesito Lopez
Danny Garcia vs Lamont Peterson
Andy Lee vs Peter Quillin
Anthony Dirrell vs Badou Jack
Omar Figueroa vs Ricky Burns
Tomoki Kameda vs Jaime McDonnell
Andre Dirrell vs James DeGale
Amir Khan vs Chris Algieri
Adrien Broner vs Shawn Porter
Juan Carlos Payano vs Rau'Shee Warren
Antonio Tarver vs Steve Cunningham
Leo Santa Cruz vs Abner Mares
Anthony Direll vs Marco Antonio Rubio
Tomoki Kameda vs Jaime McDonnell 2
Carlos "K9" Bundrage vs Jermell Charlo
Adrien Broner vs Khabib Allakhderdiev

We cant always have top PBC star vs top PBC star....they dont even do that with GB/TR/ME/K2/etc. However, they have been plenty solid - good matchups made, but still the boxing journalists are gonna hate. These are the same guys who acted as if GGG vs Willie Monroe was acceptable, but wanna talk down on Jacobs vs Mora. It was the exact same level of competition imo, and if it was JCC Jr vs Willie Monroe, the pitchforks would come out for PBC

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Tarver vs. Cunningham: No USADA Random Testing

Posted by: Victor Salazar on 8/11/2015 .

By Victor Salazar

North Bergen, NJ - When the Premier Boxing Champions Series was introduced, there was a lot of positives to write home about, specifically having a drug testing protocol in place for all of its fights outside of the standard state commission tests.

Per an article written by BoxingScene.com’s Jake Donovan and a press release from PBC to the media, the United States Anti-Doping Agency was tabbed to administer random blood and urine tests for every fighter participating under the PBC banner.

“Today's fans deserve a wider audience and broader exposure. With the support of United States Anti-Doping Agency, each boxer participating in the PBC series will be subject to random, Olympic-style drug testing,” Lamont Jones, Vice President of Operations for Haymon Boxing was quoted in the article.

This afternoon at a media workout for this Friday’s PBC on Spike TV, Steve Cunningham who is in the main event against Antonio Tarver revealed that there was no sort of random testing for this fight.

Back in 2012, Tarver tested positive for the anabolic steroid drostanolone in a pre-fight urine test administered by the California State Athletic Commission, for his fight with Lateef Kayode.

“We requested it,” Cunningham told BoxingScene.com. “It should be mandatory for every fight. I have personal views of steroids in boxing. We’re already men with great athletic ability and power. Anyone using anything illegal to gain more power I’m against. We see guys die in the ring against guys who are average. Now we have guys to make themselves even more powerful. What happens when the first guy that fights kills a guy in the ring and gets caught? Me personally, if I ever fight a guy and he gets caught with steroids, I’m putting a civil suit on them for attempted murder. It’s serious. It’s dangerous already and for someone to soop themselves up is criminal.”

Cunningham says they wanted it but admits it he didn’t follow up actively

“We wanted the test because this man has a history and that’s what he got busted for,” Cunningham said. “We’re going to get tested though, not during camps but before and after the fights, next time most we’ll get it definitely. It was there available for us but it wasn’t top priority at the time. Camp has been real busy so we’ll settle for before and after”

When John Molina tested positive for a diuretic for his fight with Adrien Broner on the inaugural PBC on NBC, broadcast, it was a urine test conducted by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. In fact in an article on TheSweetScience.com, a spokesman for USADA revealed to Michael Woods that they had not done any testing for John Molina.

Cunningham’s manager and wife Liv Cunningham also confirmed that those were the measures taking and that the testing for this fight was not at random

“We get tested before the fight and post-fight so we’re happy with those measures,” his manager said. “We would have liked to do random and we had a similar situation in the past but promoters aren’t lining up and trying to pay for that type of testing. It could cost like $5000. Don’t quote me on the cost so it can be upwards of that. So we had a happy medium in between with fight night being tested and after.”

When asked about what commission or agency would be conducting the test, Cunningham said, “I don’t remember what agency they said. It seems legit and they’re on it.”

An email was sent to USADA and PBC regarding the testing which was not responded to. A text was sent to the Commissioner of the NJ Athletic Control Board as to what testing aside from the standard blood and urine before the fight would be used, which was not responded to either.

http://www.boxingscene.com/tarver-vs-cunningham-no-usada-random-testing--94547

John Roidlina Jr. was never tested huh?:jbhmm: No wonder he was so adamant & desperate for AB to stand still and engage with him:wow:

AB still busted his ass anyways:ahh:

Cunningham better be ready, because Tarver might just be juiced the hell up in this fight:mjpls:

On another note, USADA cant help but keep fukking their own reputation up:mjlol: