Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Fat Dan vs #PBCBoyz: Debate on PBC fights thus far...and once again Fat Dan takes the L and admits, unlike The 3 Stooges, that PBC has put on some good fights, even though he didnt mention hardly enough. I like to joke about the obvious mismatches (like Leo Santa Cruz vs his literal sparring partner) and Al Haymon's Power Plant, but Haymon's PBC is definitely something I look forward too and has provided the best matches this year imo.

PBC > HBO > Showtime.

@ChocolateGiddyUp seems we have some back up online breh:banderas:

Dans right PBC is shyt. The worst part is that Haymons paying for this shyt out of his own pockets :dead:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Fat Dan vs #PBCBoyz: Debate on PBC fights thus far...and once again Fat Dan takes the L and admits, unlike The 3 Stooges, that PBC has put on some good fights, even though he didnt mention hardly enough. I like to joke about the obvious mismatches (like Leo Santa Cruz vs his literal sparring partner) and Al Haymon's Power Plant, but Haymon's PBC is definitely something I look forward too and has provided the best matches this year imo.

PBC > HBO > Showtime.

GGG Stans were talking bout Rubio being possible FOTY but against Dirrell it's a mismatch :francis:

Its all about the "fight on paper" but They'll call AB vs Porter boring...Not even mention Dirrell vs Degale existed :francis:

Its not really Free I have to pay for ESPN N SPIKE :francis:

Im glad them brehs put that fat bytch in place...N at least the tub of lard tried to acknowledge he was wrong a bit

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Dans right PBC is shyt. The worst part is that Haymons paying for this shyt out of his own pockets :dead:

Newzz' List of Premier Boxing Champions good matchups & good fights since they began March 7th, 2015:

Garcia vs Peterson
Guerrero vs Martinez
Lee vs Quillen
Arreola vs Harper
Thurman vs Guerrero
Berto vs Lopez
Broner vs Porter
Dirrell vs Jack
Harrison vs Nelson
Khan vs Algieri
Jhonson vs Cota
Jackson vs Laurente
Kameda vs McDonnell
Vargas vs Omotoso
Payano vs Warren
Dirrell vs Degale
Figueroa vs Burns
Frampton vs Gonzalez
Fortuna vs Vasquez

I dont see HBO or Showtime putting on as many good fights this year, so I never understand where the criticism of PBC as a WHOLE comes from. Individual mismatch matchups, heavily favored for the A-Side? Yes...blast em for making the fight, I do it too. However, imo, Haymon's PBC has been much better than any other Boxing Promotion/Cable channel this year and it isnt even close

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I dont give a shyt if its free. The NFL is free too.
Right.

It seems the only way they defend pbc is that it's free, I can careless about it being free now... I rather watch quality fights.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md

PBC > HBO > Showtime.

the hate is real uncle al can't get a break

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
GG Stans were talking bout Rubio being possible FOTY but against Dirrell it's a mismatch :francis:

Its all about the "fight on paper" but They'll call AB vs Porter boring...Not even mention Dirrell vs Degale existed

GGG-Rubio I was expecting something more than Rubio getting his equilibrium rattled and saying fukk it early...Rubio-Dirrell is a solid fight for both guys
AB vs Porter wasn't a boring fight on paper., the actual fight though was struggle
Dirrell vs Degale was a disappointment in a different way :francis:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Right.

It seems the only way they defend pbc is that it's free, I can careless about it being free now... I rather watch quality fights.

No it's not...we can point to the actual fights. These werent quality fights?:dwillhuh:

Garcia vs Peterson
Guerrero vs Martinez
Lee vs Quillen
Arreola vs Harper
Thurman vs Guerrero
Berto vs Lopez
Broner vs Porter
Dirrell vs Jack
Harrison vs Nelson
Khan vs Algieri
Jhonson vs Cota
Jackson vs Laurente
Kameda vs McDonnell
Vargas vs Omotoso
Payano vs Warren
Dirrell vs Degale
Figueroa vs Burns
Frampton vs Gonzalez
Fortuna vs Vasquez

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
No it's not...we can point to the actual fights. These werent quality fights?:dwillhuh:

Garcia vs Peterson
Guerrero vs Martinez
Lee vs Quillen
Arreola vs Harper
Thurman vs Guerrero
Berto vs Lopez
Broner vs Porter
Dirrell vs Jack
Harrison vs Nelson
Khan vs Algieri
Jhonson vs Cota
Jackson vs Laurente
Kameda vs McDonnell
Vargas vs Omotoso
Payano vs Warren
Dirrell vs Degale
Figueroa vs Burns
Frampton vs Gonzalez
Fortuna vs Vasquez

the bolded - were not quality fights breh..they ranged from struggle to decent..but it brings me to my argument quality vs quantity in regards to PBC and non PBC fights

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
the bolded - were not quality fights breh..they ranged from struggle to decent..but it brings me to my argument quality vs quantity in regards to PBC and non PBC fights

Minus what you bolded from that list leaves 14 quality fights...so since March 7th til today August 11 has HBO given us 14 quality fights??

N thats the problem errybody wanna shyt on PBC but give HBO a pass for all their mismatches N 2 months of no fights at all :francis:

Things like Shumenov vs Flores...Bute vs random CAC don't even count to me that's NBCSN ...we don't count HBO Latino or them Macau cards feat Funaki :yeshrug:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Minus what you bolded from that list leaves 14 quality fights...so since March 7th til today August 11 has HBO given us 14 quality fights??

N thats the problem errybody wanna shyt on PBC but give HBO a pass for all their mismatches N 2 months of no fights at all :francis:

Things like Shumenov vs Flores...Bute vs random CAC don't even count to me that's NBCSN ...we don't count HBO Latino or them Macau cards feat Funaki :yeshrug:

:russ: but those shumenov-flores and bute fights are PBC..they have to count breh..just like every card on HBO or one of its other channels count

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:russ: but those shumenov-flores and bute fights are PBC..they have to count breh..just like every card on HBO or one of its other channels count

Im not goin criticize cards buried on a secondary channel...they are what they are

Same way how you won't see me trashing the HBO Latino fights or HBO family China fights...or TR Trutv fights or Shobox

All those type of cards are gravy N jus happy boxing is on at that time... if the fights are good/great its a bonus