Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I dont get the hate for PBC ruining boxing. PBC so far has been pretty good. There have been good matches and definitely some that could be better. But we are seeing the beginning of PBC, many haven't even given it a year to settle in.

My beef is that I dont care for their presentation vs. Showtime or HBO, but PBC's stable of fighters is as good or better. Right now the fighters have been winning with good paydays.

I am convinced there are plenty of good matchups coming. Haymon had to build brand recognition before he was going to throw out his best matches and still they have been okay. Guys wont match up vs. pretenders forever, the fans wont allow it. They will be coming.

Haymon has all the tools, he just needs someone (Schaeffer) to implement it. Some tweaks to the presentation, more focus on building fighters brands, and good matchmaking and PBC is virtually unstoppable. And right now they arent hitting on any of those. I am looking at it from the glass half full. It has been decent with it it not being implemented to its best. Imagine if it starts to. :whoo:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I dont get the hate for PBC ruining boxing. PBC so far has been pretty good. There have been good matches and definitely some that could be better. But we are seeing the beginning of PBC, many haven't even given it a year to settle in.

My beef is that I dont care for their presentation vs. Showtime or HBO, but PBC's stable of fighters is as good or better. Right now the fighters have been winning with good paydays.

I am convinced there are plenty of good matchups coming. Haymon had to build brand recognition before he was going to throw out his best matches and still they have been okay. Guys wont match up vs. pretenders forever, the fans wont allow it. They will be coming.

Haymon has all the tools, he just needs someone (Schaeffer) to implement it. Some tweaks to the presentation, more focus on building fighters brands, and good matchmaking and PBC is virtually unstoppable. And right now they arent hitting on any of those. I am looking at it from the glass half full. It has been decent with it it not being implemented to its best. Imagine if it starts to. :whoo:

Exactly how I feel.

Like I said, the absolute mind scratching, :mindblown:, matchups that are made cant be defensed against....but overall, PBC has been good imo, and is only gonna get better.

It's only been around for a little over 5 months:yeshrug:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You many not have the mental capability to visualize this, but try:

You work for a boxing site. Here comes along a promoter that says fukk you and fukk your boxing sites that have been writing about every single fight, from the top PPVs to the most meaningless local cards in California. No more access, no more credentials cause you have written negative things about this promoter and his work like any decent journalist does.

Those "journalists" are frozen out as a result of them not being true Journalist's

A journalist's job is to factually report goings on in their field and to be objective

Not only are they routinely wrong they have a clear contempt for :mjpls:select fighters and promoters/events

I feel no sorrow that biased , false claiming journalist's are blacklisted and could potentially be put out of work

fukk em :qwert:

Newzz' List of Premier Boxing Champions good matchups & good fights since they began March 7th, 2015:

Garcia vs Peterson
Guerrero vs Martinez
Lee vs Quillen
Arreola vs Harper
Thurman vs Guerrero
Berto vs Lopez
Broner vs Porter
Dirrell vs Jack
Harrison vs Nelson
Khan vs Algieri
Jhonson vs Cota
Jackson vs Laurente
Kameda vs McDonnell
Vargas vs Omotoso
Payano vs Warren
Dirrell vs Degale
Figueroa vs Burns
Frampton vs Gonzalez
Fortuna vs Vasquez

Also
Beterbiyev vs Campillo, Stevenson vs Bika and Jacobs vs Mora in under 5 months :wow:

And on multiple non premium TV channels:gladbron:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

I'm glad it's selling great but this whale is hell bent on promoting this PPV :heh:

I agree with this

Talking about being a presale when EVERYONE has been tweeting out the link

DLH with like a million followers here's the presale, BTW the password is __________-

how is that a presale tbh, when absolutely anyone who likes boxing that has the internet has the password? its a bit silly. of course it's gonna be the best presale ever, when there is no exclusivity at all. which is kinda the point of having a presale. only for.. i dont know. costco members, or american express cardholders, etc

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Right.

It seems the only way they defend pbc is that it's free, I can careless about it being free now... I rather watch quality fights.

A GGG stan talking about quality fights ?
aaanTyX.png

:mjlol:

@Newzz cue that #shookboys "No-Andre?-No" please, sir ?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

When is Schaeffer set to come back to boxing?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

Exactly how I feel.

Like I said, the absolute mind scratching, :mindblown:, matchups that are made cant be defensed against....but overall, PBC has been good imo, and is only gonna get better.

It's only been around for a little over 5 months:yeshrug:
100%

I'm confident and hopeful that once Schaefer is allowed back in (beginning next month?), PBC will really begin to take off...especially with the possibilities in the welterweight division over there now that those top tier guys HAVE to face each other.