Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Cunningham Calls PED Use ‘Massive’ Problem In Boxing

Posted by: Keith Idec on 8/12/2015 .

By Keith Idec

NORTH BERGEN, N.J. – Steve Cunningham claimed Tuesday that there is a “massive” steroid problem in boxing, particularly within the heavyweight division.

“I’ve fought guys on steroids before and beat ‘em,” Cunningham said before an open workout at Global Boxing Gym. “I know that for a fact. I’m not saying any names, but boxing’s a small community. Everybody talks. If you’re in training camp, everybody’s trading stories. … We know steroid use is rampant in boxing. A lot of people know. Everybody should know. Guys is out here killing their wives for $200,000 in life insurance. You don’t think people are going to cheat for a possible shot at a heavyweight world title?”

Philadelphia’s Cunningham (28-7, 13 KOs), a former cruiserweight champion, is scheduled to face former light heavyweight champ Antonio Tarver (31-6, 22 KOs, 1 NC) in a 12-round heavyweight fight Friday night at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

The California State Athletic Commission suspended Tarver for a year because he tested positive for an anabolic steroid, drostanolone, following a June 2012 fight against Lateef Kayode in Carson, Calif. His steroid suspension also cost Tarver his television job as an analyst for Showtime, which televised the Kayode fight.

The 39-year-old Cunningham didn’t suggest Tarver, 46, is on steroids. He also said he didn’t undergo random blood and urine testing throughout training camp for this fight. Tarver was scheduled to be part of the open workout to promote Friday’s Premier Boxing Champions card (Spike; 9 p.m. ET/PT), but didn’t attend and couldn’t be reached for comment regarding Cunningham’s comments or whether he was tested throughout camp.

“It was there, available for us,” Cunningham said in reference to random blood and urine testing for the Tarver fight. “But me and my wife, we just didn’t put it up there. It wasn’t a top priority at the time. We just didn’t press the issue at the time. Then it hit me later in camp. And we’re just like, ‘We’ll just settle for the before and after tests.’ ”

Nick Lembo, general counsel for New Jersey’s State Athletic Control Board, said Tuesday that Tarver and Cunningham, like all boxers and MMA fighters that compete in the state, will be subject this week to pre-fight and post-fight blood, urine and hair testing for performance-enhancing drugs including blood doping, diuretics, external testosterone, human growth hormone, masking agents and steroids. New Jersey’s SACB tests in accordance with World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) guidelines and sends samples only to labs approved by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

Though Cunningham didn’t demand random blood and urine testing throughout camp for this fight, he said he would seek monetary compensation if an opponent ever tests positive for a PED.

“It should be mandatory for every fight,” Cunningham said, again referring to random blood and urine testing. “I have personal views of steroid use in boxing. We’re already men who are, to an extent, super. We’re already men with great athletic abilities, with power, more power than the average man. So anybody using any type of drug or anything illegal to get more power, and to get in the ring to do that, I mean, we see guys die from the average fighter. Now we have guys that are trying to make themselves even more powerful? What happens when the first guy gets caught using steroids and he kills a guy in the ring? What happens?

“Me, personally, if I ever fight a guy and he gets busted on steroids, I’m putting a civil suit on him for attempted murder. You know? Assault and battery. You know? That’s how serious this is. Boxing isn’t a game. It’s not basketball. It’s not football. It’s close to hockey. … But it’s so dangerous already, and for these guys to go and soup themselves up even more, I think that’s criminal. We wanted the test, just because this man [Tarver], he has a history now. That’s what he got busted on. I don’t know what he’s doing. I hope he isn’t, for his sake. But I know for a fact that I fought guys and beat them [when they were] on steroids before. We’ve got rules for a reason in boxing, you know?”

Keith Idec covers boxing for The Record and Herald News, of Woodland Park, N.J., and BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.

http://www.boxingscene.com/cunningham-calls-ped-use-massive-problem-boxing--94563

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Cunningham Calls PED Use ‘Massive’ Problem In Boxing

Posted by: Keith Idec on 8/12/2015 .

By Keith Idec

NORTH BERGEN, N.J. – Steve Cunningham claimed Tuesday that there is a “massive” steroid problem in boxing, particularly within the heavyweight division.

“I’ve fought guys on steroids before and beat ‘em,” Cunningham said before an open workout at Global Boxing Gym. “I know that for a fact. I’m not saying any names, but boxing’s a small community. Everybody talks. If you’re in training camp, everybody’s trading stories. … We know steroid use is rampant in boxing. A lot of people know. Everybody should know. Guys is out here killing their wives for $200,000 in life insurance. You don’t think people are going to cheat for a possible shot at a heavyweight world title?”

Philadelphia’s Cunningham (28-7, 13 KOs), a former cruiserweight champion, is scheduled to face former light heavyweight champ Antonio Tarver (31-6, 22 KOs, 1 NC) in a 12-round heavyweight fight Friday night at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

The California State Athletic Commission suspended Tarver for a year because he tested positive for an anabolic steroid, drostanolone, following a June 2012 fight against Lateef Kayode in Carson, Calif. His steroid suspension also cost Tarver his television job as an analyst for Showtime, which televised the Kayode fight.

The 39-year-old Cunningham didn’t suggest Tarver, 46, is on steroids. He also said he didn’t undergo random blood and urine testing throughout training camp for this fight. Tarver was scheduled to be part of the open workout to promote Friday’s Premier Boxing Champions card (Spike; 9 p.m. ET/PT), but didn’t attend and couldn’t be reached for comment regarding Cunningham’s comments or whether he was tested throughout camp.

“It was there, available for us,” Cunningham said in reference to random blood and urine testing for the Tarver fight. “But me and my wife, we just didn’t put it up there. It wasn’t a top priority at the time. We just didn’t press the issue at the time. Then it hit me later in camp. And we’re just like, ‘We’ll just settle for the before and after tests.’ ”

Nick Lembo, general counsel for New Jersey’s State Athletic Control Board, said Tuesday that Tarver and Cunningham, like all boxers and MMA fighters that compete in the state, will be subject this week to pre-fight and post-fight blood, urine and hair testing for performance-enhancing drugs including blood doping, diuretics, external testosterone, human growth hormone, masking agents and steroids. New Jersey’s SACB tests in accordance with World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) guidelines and sends samples only to labs approved by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

Though Cunningham didn’t demand random blood and urine testing throughout camp for this fight, he said he would seek monetary compensation if an opponent ever tests positive for a PED.

“It should be mandatory for every fight,” Cunningham said, again referring to random blood and urine testing. “I have personal views of steroid use in boxing. We’re already men who are, to an extent, super. We’re already men with great athletic abilities, with power, more power than the average man. So anybody using any type of drug or anything illegal to get more power, and to get in the ring to do that, I mean, we see guys die from the average fighter. Now we have guys that are trying to make themselves even more powerful? What happens when the first guy gets caught using steroids and he kills a guy in the ring? What happens?

“Me, personally, if I ever fight a guy and he gets busted on steroids, I’m putting a civil suit on him for attempted murder. You know? Assault and battery. You know? That’s how serious this is. Boxing isn’t a game. It’s not basketball. It’s not football. It’s close to hockey. … But it’s so dangerous already, and for these guys to go and soup themselves up even more, I think that’s criminal. We wanted the test, just because this man [Tarver], he has a history now. That’s what he got busted on. I don’t know what he’s doing. I hope he isn’t, for his sake. But I know for a fact that I fought guys and beat them [when they were] on steroids before. We’ve got rules for a reason in boxing, you know?”

Keith Idec covers boxing for The Record and Herald News, of Woodland Park, N.J., and BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.

http://www.boxingscene.com/cunningham-calls-ped-use-massive-problem-boxing--94563

The boxing community knows who is dirty :sas1:

Lotta nikkas out here with them drs notes :sas2:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
So...Pacquiao says he never saw a doctor and never did rehab, all he did was swim in the sea:mjpls:

I could've swore:

Manny Pacquiao has shoulder surgery
5/7/2015 - Boxing

• i

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer
    Close
    • 2013 BWAA Nat Fleischer Award winner for excellence in boxing journalism
    • ESPN.com boxing writer since 2005
    • Five years at USA Today
    Follow on Twitter

Former eight-division world titleholder Manny Pacquiao underwent arthroscopic surgery on his injured right shoulder on Wednesday afternoon in Los Angeles and is expected to make a full recovery.

Dr. Neal ElAttrache, a famed orthopedic surgeon who performed the 90-minute procedure to repair Pacquiao's torn rotator cuff, said he could not be "more pleased with the results." It was an outpatient surgery, so Pacquiao will not stay overnight.

ElAttrache, who has also operated on athletes such as Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, said he expects Pacquiao to return to the ring. He estimates that Pacquiao would not be able to fight again for nine months to a year.

Pacquiao lost a unanimous decision to Floyd Mayweather in their long-anticipated pound-for-pound showdown on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, but he went into the fight with a damaged right shoulder.

It was an injury that Pacquiao did not properly disclose to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which could fine and suspend him for lying on his prefight medical questionnaire. Had Pacquiao disclosed the injury when it happened, about 2½ weeks before the fight, the commission doctor would have worked with Pacquiao's team on a treatment plan and likely would have allowed him to receive an anti-inflammatory shot on fight night. But because the commission said it did not know about Pacquiao's injury until a couple of hours before the bout, it denied his request for the shot.

ElAttrache diagnosed Pacquiao (57-6-2, 38 KOs) with a "significant tear" in his rotator cuff on Monday.

"If all goes as expected with the surgery and the rehab is successful, Manny could be back training in about six months. At that point he will be regaining strength and endurance and competition is reasonable within nine months to a year," ElAttrache told ESPN.com on Monday. "But this is a severe enough tear that it won't heal without being repaired."

The Mayweather-Pacquiao fight will go down as the richest in boxing history and one of the most anticipated. Mayweather (48-0, 26 KOs) said on Tuesday he was open to a rematch next spring, when Pacquiao is supposed to be able to fight again. Later Tuesday, Top Rank's Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, said Pacquiao would be interested in a rematch even though many were left with a bad taste in their mouth from the dull nature of the fight Saturday night. There have even been lawsuits filed against Pacquiao for fraud because he did not disclose the injury as required by the Nevada commission.

Manny Pacquiao undergoes surgery on torn right rotator cuff
Manny Pacquiao
1st Post-Surgery Selfie
5/7/2015 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0507-manny-pacquiao-instagram-3.jpg

Manny Pacquiao says his shoulder surgery was a rousing success -- and just posted his first post-op selfie to prove it.

Pacman went under the knife in L.A. Wednesday night to repair a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder -- an injury that he didn't properly disclose to officials before the big Mayweather fight.

Of course, Manny thanked God for the procedure ... and his wife ... and his world famous doctor ... saying, "Thank you to my Dr. Neal Ellatrache and his group for taking care of me. God is great!"

One thing we noticed in the pic ... not a single mark on his face.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/07/manny-pacquiao-was-my-surgery-successful-check-yes-or-no/#ixzz3idC7KRtT

Now he's saying it never happened?:ohhh:

Wowwwwwwwwww:wow::mjlol:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
you saying it like losing to porter is some big blow. he still cash money at 140 :yeshrug:

and Danny belt is ours now :blessed:

Jose Benevidez is getting Swift's belt...we taking the belt Jessie Vargas vacated:ahh:

• Dap
Reactions: Rev