Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shawn Porter Eyes Keith Thurman Showdown in The Fall

Posted by: Radio Rahim on 8/10/2015 .

By Radio Rahim

Kenny Porter, father and trainer of 'Showtime' Shawn Porter (26-1-1, 16KOs), says they are hoping to end off the year with a big fight against WBA 'regular' welterweight champion Keith 'One Time' Thurman (26-0, 22KOs).

Both fighters are in search of a big fall opportunity. Porter secured a big win in June, when he won a twelve round unanimous decision over former three division champion Adrien Broner. Thurman was back in the ring last month, when he stopped former champion Luis Collazo in seven rounds.

Kenny is crossing his fingers that Thurman calls up Al Haymon, who advises both boxers, and requests to make a title defense against Porter. He feels confident Thurman will accept a fight with Shawn for the fall.

"Keith Thurman, a great kid and a great fighter. I've known him for quite a while. He said he wants a big fight before the end of the year. We want a big fight before the end of the year. That's another situation where I hope a guy gives Al a call and says 'hey, I want to fight Porter.' If he makes that phone call, then hopefully we can get that done. I look forward to fighting Keith Thurman before the year is out. I think Keith will step and take that fight," Kenny told BoxingScene.com.

http://www.boxingscene.com/shawn-porter-eyes-keith-thurman-showdown-fall--94504

Begging for fights with everybody in every division it seems:francis:

Showtime is excluded from this, but his Father is really out here talking TOO much:camby:

Thurman already wanted to fight Porter, but Team Porter turned it down to fight AB at 144. This fight would be a good matchup though if it came off.

There should be a 4 man tournament between thurman/porter and khan/brook

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

Porters are pump faking like a muhfukker :mjlol:

These nikkas expected Team Garcia to sit down N talk with them that Saturday night right after the fight with Paulie :martin:

Its been one week N Swift got a baby coming any minute but #swiftset posed to drop errything N call the Porters for a fight like they Draws or something :dead:

Now they want keith...You god damn right One Time is the more "interesting" "exciting" fight against him y'all gotta chance...against Swift tho.....

NO SHOT :brawklol:

#swiftset:demonic:

:Purge2:

Porter losses either fight

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
this shyt is so disgusting to me man...james lights out toney is one of my favorite fighters of all time...and he's out here losing 10 rounders to clubfighters in one sided bouts :why:

James "Lights Out" Toney once seemed on his way to being an all-time great. Now 46, his pro career hit a new low on Saturday night, as he lost a 10-round decision in Saint Charles, Missouri, to a 40-year-old club fighter names Charles Ellis.

Ellis (10-3-1, 8 KO) is a native of Wichita, Kansas, who had lost two straight fights to Adam Kownacki and Ed Fountain, a couple of prospects early in their careers. None of Ellis' nine wins coming into this fight were worth much of anything, and he'd fit those nine wins into a 9-year-plus period between September 2004 and May 2014.

Scores for the fight were 99-91, 98-92, and 97-93, indicating that this fight wasn't even competitive.

Toney (76-10-3, 46 KO) recently did an interview where he said that he and Shaquille O'Neal are cousins. It was not the first time we've heard him with slurred speech, but it's definitely getting worse.

that speech :smh: :to:..sounds like meldrick

From what we can see and hear of Toney these days, his being licensed to fight by the Missouri commission is questionable at the very best, and truly negligent and dangerous at worst. There are supposed to be actual medical standards for boxers to get licensed. Instead, too often we see clearly damaged fighters continuing to get licenses and continuing to fight on.

Hopefully, this loss will be the last for James Toney, who hasn't been a relevant fighter since 2007. He's still had a hell of a career, and was once one of the best fighters on the planet. But at this point, commissions are playing with fire letting him into their rings.

i appreciate him being one of the few fighters i felt would fight anyone anywhere...no excuses or bullshyt...old school mentality all the way :salute:..but someone close to him needs to tell him to stop fighting :damn:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Lights out is first cousins with Shaq..........why he still fighting then?