Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What y'all think??

u5JgzmX.gif

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Allah offered Porter the Ohio Killer himself Maidanabean...of Course they were :whoa:

Porters Thirsty for That Swift fight....don't wish for something you don't want :birdman:

#swiftset :demonic:

:Purge2:

He showed no hesitation about fighting Maidana. He basically said he would like to say yes, but Maidana ain't in fighting shape and Showtime is returning in September.

We want Swift:birdman:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IBF Rankings as of 7/6/2015:

1 Cesar Cuenca Argentina
2 Ik Yang China
3 Michele Di Rocco Italy
4 Lamont Peterson United States
5 Adrien Broner United States

Cuenca beat Yang to win Peterson’s vacated title...so Cuenca becomes Champion and Yang drops. Di Rocco moves up to #1, Peterson is thinking of moving to Welterweight...which means AB should move up to #2 shortly:whoo:

I need a belt:mjcry:

:thinkin: If AB wouldve beat Porter would he be fighting May in Sept? Its not hard to fathom he couldve been....I mean seeing they selected Berto. :mjmad:

AB is done as a top fighter for the moment unless he decides to re-dedicate himself mentally. Yeah, he has flaws in the ring, but mentally he just dont have it. He feels too entitled and Al aint puttin up with that no more. Grabbing that IBF belt will prob do more harm that good to his already misguided ego.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:thinkin: If AB wouldve beat Porter would he be fighting May in Sept? Its not hard to fathom he couldve been....I mean seeing they selected Berto. :mjmad:

AB is done as a top fighter for the moment unless he decides to re-dedicate himself mentally. Yeah, he has flaws in the ring, but mentally he just dont have it. He feels too entitled and Al aint puttin up with that no more. Grabbing that IBF belt will prob do more harm that good to his already misguided ego.

Floyd and AB were never going to fight. They've been on record saying that as far back as 2013.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
So if PBC were to do a welterweight tournament who would be in it?
For the sake of expediency I would do a 4 man tourney involving:
Amir Khan
Keith Thurman
Danny Garcia
Shawn Porter

Amir Khan vs Keith Thurman

Danny Garcia vs Shawn Porter

:banderas:

Too bad I can never see it happening:snoop:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if PBC were to do a welterweight tournament who would be in it?
For the sake of expediency I would do a 4 man tourney involving:
Amir Khan
Keith Thurman
Danny Garcia
Shawn Porter

that would be a great list. I think thats the best to go with .....but...

you could also mix in Brook, AB (believe it or not), and I would like to see World Kid thrown in there.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd and AB were never going to fight. They've been on record saying that as far back as 2013.

shyt is said everyday and then it turns up being the opposite. you can say that but the fact is, had AB wouldve beaten Porter, we dont know what couldve happened. its business breh. easy for them to play that brother's card now that AB has lost and removed himself from the picture.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Amir Khan vs Keith Thurman

Danny Garcia vs Shawn Porter

:banderas:

Too bad I can never see it happening:snoop:
It is such a no-brainer for PBC to do especially in light of the criticisms of their matchmaking.
They could get tons of good will from a welterweight tournament as it would provide 3 guaranteed big time fight card main events.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
that would be a great list. I think thats the best to go with .....but...

you could also mix in Brook, AB (believe it or not), and I would like to see World Kid thrown in there.
I can never keep up with the signings but is Kell Brook managed by Haymon now?

And I think they could do a Junior Welter tourney too after the Welterweight one that could include Broner, Peterson etc.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
shyt is said everyday and then it turns up being the opposite. you can say that but the fact is, had AB wouldve beaten Porter, we dont know what couldve happened. its business breh. easy for them to play that brother's card now that AB has lost and removed himself from the picture.

Before they fought, the word was that the winner of AB vs Shawn Porter was fighting Errol Spence for one of Floyd's vacated Welterweight Championships, which is why Floyd was relinquishing his belts. However, Porter won and basically said :pacspit: to the thought of fighting Spence.

I posted it in this thread before