Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
IBF Rankings as of 7/6/2015:

1 Cesar Cuenca Argentina
2 Ik Yang China
3 Michele Di Rocco Italy
4 Lamont Peterson United States
5 Adrien Broner United States

Cuenca beat Yang to win Peterson’s vacated title...so Cuenca becomes Champion and Yang drops. Di Rocco moves up to #1, Peterson is thinking of moving to Welterweight...which means AB should move up to #2 shortly:whoo:

I need a belt:mjcry:

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Andre Berto: I’m coming to kick Mayweather’s backside on September 12th
PostDateIcon.png
August 4th, 2015 | Post FB Comment - 48 Comments
Share the post "Andre Berto: I’m coming to kick Mayweather’s backside on September 12th"

floyd6666.jpg
By Chris Williams: Former IBF/WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto (30-3, 23 KOs) doesn’t see himself as another notch on Floyd Mayweather Jr’s belt in their just announced pay-per-view fight on Showtime on September 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Berto has rejuvenated with the help of his genius trainer Virgil Hunter, and he’s coming to beat Mayweather’s behind in front of the whole world when he gets himself in the ring. I don’t know if Berto can do that, but he’s going to try his best not to become victim number 49. That’s the number that Mayweather, with all his greatness, will be looking to achieve when he gets Berto inside the ring.

“I’m coming to kick Floyd’s ass on September 12,” said Berto. “Best believe that I plan to bring it to Floyd and I’m not concerned about what 48 other fighters have been unable to do. Somebody is getting knocked out and it won’t be me. You don’t want to miss this.”

For Berto not to become No. 49, he’s going to need to fight a lot better than he has in ages, because the Berto that we’ve seen in the last four years won’t be good enough to compete against Mayweather. Berto needs to take his game back in a time machine to maybe five years ago, and then he’ll need to make some major improvements under the hood of his game for him to be able to have a chance of beating Mayweather.

Mayweather isn’t going to be slacking off just because Berto hasn’t looked so good in long time. Mayweather will be giving it his best effort, and if Berto can’t handle it then he’s going to get clowned by Mayweather. If Berto’s trainer Virgil Hunter can’t light a fire under his backside to get him to raise his game a few notches on September 12th, then Hunter is going to need to think seriously about throwing in the towel to save Berto for another day.

There’s no sense in leaving Berto out there to soak up unnecessary punishment from the best fighter in boxing. When you have a fighter like Berto, who hasn’t looked good in five years, you don’t really know what you’re going to get from him. You can either get a revitalized Berto, or you can get an over-the-hill fighter who doesn’t belong in the same ring as Mayweather and needs to be saved from himself.

From reading some of the comments on boxing news 24, I’ve noticed that some fans aren’t too pleased with the Mayweather-Berto fight being on Showtime pay-per-view rather than on free TV like NBC, CBS or ESPN. But I think the Mayweather vs. Berto fight card is a good product and will give the fans their money’s worth. The main event between Mayweather and Berto promises to be a more exciting fight than the recent Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao fight last May. Berto isn’t someone who will come into the fight with a torn rotator cuff injury. If he’s hurt, he’ll do the right thing and postpone the fight.

Berto will also fight a lot harder than Pacquiao. You won’t see Berto just flat out give up in the first two rounds if he gets hit hard by some of Mayweather’s fast right hands while he’s attacking him. Berto will still keep attacking Mayweather no matter how many right hands he get hit with. Additionally, the Mayweather-Berto undercard is a lot better than the Mayweather-Pacquiao undercard. We’ve got two good fights in WBO super featherweight champion Roman Martinez vs. Orlando Salido and Badou Jack vs. George Groves.

There’s another fight that will be added to the card. I wouldn’t be surprised if Errol Spence is added to the card. There’s talk of Spence fighting on September 11th, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he were moved to the Mayweather card.

Daps
Berto will also fight a lot harder than Pacquiao. You won’t see Berto just flat out give up in the first two rounds if he gets hit hard by some of Mayweather’s fast right hands while he’s attacking him. Berto will still keep attacking Mayweather no matter how many right hands he get hit with.
This is true tho:yeshrug:

still streaming:youngsabo:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Martinez - Salido 2 will prolly be the fight of the night ..salido doesn't know how to be in a bad fight...the first fight was damn good but Salido ' s punch resistance is starting to go though
Salido always brings the drama. Dudes fights are massive entertainment.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
i got alotta respect for @ChocolateGiddyUp as a boxing enthusiast....but this dude really is a JCC Jr. & Danny Garcia superfan.

i don't get it.:mindblown:
you say that like SWIFT aint undefeated and the ex-king of 140 :mjlol:

JCCjr on the other hand is a bum I just think CHOC too proud to admit that he was wrong about JULIO :francis:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Yep....here ya go:salute:

http://www.boxingscene.com/payano-warren-pbc-card-pulls-7-single-viewers--94277

Payano-Warren PBC Card Pulls in 7 Viewers

Posted by: Newzz on 8/4/2015

by Newzz

The inaugural episode of “Premier Boxing Champions” on Bounce averaged 7 single viewers during its entire broadcast, which lasted just short of two hours and was headlined by an excellent main event between 118-pound champion Juan Carlos Payano and #BandCamp's own Rau'Shee Warren.

That number is according to #TheRing postings reported by thecoli.com website. Those 7 viewers have been identified as @patscorpio, @Newzz, @HHH's Nose, @hyperman25, @Stinky Diver, @A-Train, and @FukkAPaidEmail. Requests for an interview were issued to their representatives, but as of the time this article was written, calls have not been returned. No average nor peak figure was presented specifically for the Payano-Warren fight alone.

The broadcast was opened by junior middleweight John Jackson beating Dennis Laurente with an abundance of clean punches to Laurente's always exposed face, which made those watching wonder if he was borrowing his strategy directly out of former 140 Champion, Ruslan Provodnikov's playbook. Following that fight was a back and forth slug fest between Yudel Jhonson and the hard-hitting Jorge Cota, in which Jhonson, who must've forgot everything he learned at the famed "Cuban School Of Boxing", was knocked all over and around the ring, including at one point being knocked threw the ropes, which was not ruled a knock down. Even "da hell" was confused at that. In the end, Cota pulled out the minor upset and will be facing Jackson in the Finals of the "PBC Junior Middleweight Tournament"

It was the only combat card of the night. The UFC pay-per-view featuring superstar Ronda Rousey took place on Saturday, August 1st, from 10 p.m. Eastern Time far past 1 a.m. The preliminary bouts for that show were aired on Fox Sports 1 and averaged 1.322 million viewers between 8 and 10 p.m. PBC on ESPN, featuring Danny Garcia vs Paulie Malignaggi and Daniel Jacobs vs Sergio Mora aired from 9 p.m. to a few minutes before 11 p.m and drew in 1.073 million viewers.

dead