Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Roman Gonzalez Ready For Viloria if Money is Right

Posted by: Haxel Ruben Murillo on 7/28/2015 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Haxel Ruben Murillo, notifight.com

WBC flyweight champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (43-0, 37 KOs) is more than ready to face former beltholder Brian Viloria on October 17th, as part of the Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux HBO pay-per-view undercard from New York's Madison Square Garden.

Viloria has stetted that he's been chasing Gonzalez for two years and claims the dangerous puncher is running from the fight.

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum had previously mentioned Gonzalez for a fight with Viloria in Mexico. Gonzalez passed on the opportunity because he had little interest in fighting in Mexico and more importantly HBO was not interested in televising that card.

To face Viloria in the United States, as part of a major pay-per-view on HBO, Gonzalez is all ears on an offer.

"In America I'd fight Viloria. I know he wants to fight me. Actually I'd like to fight on the undercard of Golovkin, but that's not been confirmed. Supposedly my opponent is between Giovanni Segura and Brian Viloria, because there is the possibility that fight in November against Naoya Inoue for the fourth title. In boxing things change," Gonzalez said at a press conference organized by his promoter Nica Boxing.

"I want to fight with Viloria, but the issue is getting paid well, because I will not fight just to fight. I'm not running from anyone, I am ready to face anyone, but all I want is a good purse. The people of HBO were not interested in seeing me fight in Mexico, so that's why the fight with Viloria was not presented in that country."

"We are in negotiations this week so I will update you. It is a fact that I will fight again in October in the US. I want to fight with Viloria. Segura would be a good fight but would pay me less."

Roman Gonzalez Ready For Viloria if Money is Right

Isnt this the same thing he pulled with Estrada for a rematch? :shaq2:

Yep:snoop:

Roman Gonzalez Wants Huge Purse For Estrada Rematch

Posted by: Haxel Ruben Murillo on 9/9/2014 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Haxel Ruben Murillo, notifight.com

At just 27 years old, undefeated Nicaraguan Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez has managed to touch the top of the boxing world and establish himself as one of the best boxers in the world. However, the triple world champion and second best fighter in the history of the country has gone through difficult times in the past six years since winning his first 105-pound title against Japanese Yutaka Niida. Fortunately, the pugilist has overcome every disadvantage, and never has it affected his performance in the ring.

Right now, one of the biggest fights in the lower weight divisions is a rematch between "Chocolatito" (40-0, 34 KOs), who holds the WBC crown, and Mexican Juan Francisco "Gallo" Estrada, the current WBA and WBO flyweight champion. Gonzalez won a twelve round unanimous decision over Estrada.

Many are excited about a rematch against Juan Francisco "Gallo" Estrada, however, it was already announced that you are making a defense on November 22. Why did you decide to wait?

"I did not make that decision. It was Teiken Promotions, the promoter that is driving my career. And clearly I'm telling you, I have done a lot more than Estrada. So much has been talked about with respect to this fight, but if they do not pay me a million dollars - I will not fight. "

Roman Gonzalez Wants Huge Purse For Estrada Rematch

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i just went on stubhub and i saw they got tickets to tarver-cunningham for as cheap as 35 bucks :patrice:

im going to be in nyc that weekend for my homegirl (also former cut buddy from yesteryear) wedding...tarver/cunningham: pbc on spike is in newark..i should get tickets to go :patrice:..but my gf im sure does not want to watch any fights and most likely do something else in nyc...we'll see

@krackdagawd thats your area..if i decided to hit that up..you should roll through breh

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Frustrating.

stevenson all about the money like yt...:russ:

1.what do u think of beterbeast n gonzalez?

2.loma vs walters?

3.spence,lubin,verdajo iman,valdez....who has best career?

4.what do u think of crawford vs lucas?

5.ward vs lhw n mw division .

6.canelo vs ggg

7.whos the best trainer futch or stewart

whenever u got the time . appreciate it.:pachaha:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
i just went on stubhub and i saw they got tickets to tarver-cunningham for as cheap as 35 bucks :patrice:

im going to be in nyc that weekend for my homegirl (also former cut buddy from yesteryear) wedding...tarver/cunningham: pbc on spike is in newark..i should get tickets to go :patrice:..but my gf im sure does not want to watch any fights and most likely do something else in nyc...we'll see

@krackdagawd thats your area..if i decided to hit that up..you should roll through breh

I'd be more than down but for this fight breh :huhldup:

What's the undercard looking like?

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
stevenson all about the money like yt...:russ:

1.what do u think of beterbeast n gonzalez?

2.loma vs walters?

3.spence,lubin,verdajo iman,valdez....who has best career?

4.what do u think of crawford vs lucas?

5.ward vs lhw n mw division .

6.canelo vs ggg

7.whos the best trainer futch or stewart

whenever u got the time . appreciate it.:pachaha:

1. Honestly, nothing much. Is it going to happen? Anyway, Chocolate Boy Wonder late TKO.

2. :takedat: Wow, smh, this RIGHT HERE is what I want to see BAD. Sorry @krackdagawd I got Rude Bwoy winning, that reach and power too much.

3. :ohhh: Breh this one is hard, pause, I can't choose one but if I had to...... E Money Bags Jr. aka The Truth, but I like Iman better than all of them, it's too early. Walters and Oscar gonna bump heads in a few years.

4.Anyone who fights Lucas needs to be careful. My question is this, what happens if Bud loses to Luke Skywalker? How far down the ladder does he go? If I was his handlers I wouldn't sign that fight, even though Bud may win.

5. No one is beating Ward.

6. Ginger will expose GGG and give him a boxing lesson like never before. The best thing that happened to Ginger was losing to Floyd and beating James in a all out brawl.

7. :francis: Aint no best, but in comparison the boxers that Manny trained were more successful, but he also trained more boxers. Also, if I was a professional boxer, he is the ONE who'd I want to train me.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Does anyone up here go to Gleason's Gym for Amatuer bouts on the weekends?

If anyone loves amateur bouts, this is the place to be on weekends. I spent the past 2 weekends there:whew: I had a DOPE convo with Yoel Judah @HARLEM AL . I wished I could've recorded it. :birdman:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Frustrating.

Not sure if this was posted. Sounds like HBO isn't as confident in their boy as everybody else is.

HBO only hurting itself with perplexing move to block Kovalev-Stevenson bout

Even before Sergey Kovalev lay waste to Nadjib Mohammedi, a pedestrian opponent who had climbed the IBF ladder, earned the mandatory position and presented himself as cannon fodder for the most ruthless fighter in the sport, questions swirled about who Kovalev would fight next. Names like Andre Ward, Artur Beterbiev and Seanie Monaghan were kicked around. Hours after Kovalev’s third-round annihilation of Mohammedi on Saturday was complete, Yunieski Gonzalez, the hard-hitting Cuban who was robbed of a win over Jean Pascal on the undercard, became a candidate.
A name rarely mentioned anymore: Adonis Stevenson, the man who holds the lone remaining piece of the light heavyweight crown. It’s a fight many want to see—and one currently being hijacked by HBO.

To be clear, this column isn’t a defense of Stevenson. Far from it. Since taking the WBC version of the 175-pound title from Chad Dawson in 2013, Stevenson has placed the belt in protective custody. A banner, Fighter of the Year ’13 was followed by an abysmal ’14, with a pair of title defenses against inferior opponents. His ducking of Kovalev became comical; an HBO fighter throughout all of ’13, Stevenson reneged on a handshake agreement to fight Kovalev in early ’14, signed with Al Haymon and fled to Showtime. He has long claimed he wanted the fight but his actions are those of a man who wants nothing to do with it.

Still, Stevenson isn’t blocking a light heavyweight unification fight today. Instead, that blame falls squarely on the shoulders of Kovalev, Main Events and HBO. Last March, the WBC, in a rare decision, ordered Stevenson to defend his title against Kovalev. A purse bid was ordered. The fight seemed closer than ever. Then, suddenly, Main Events backed out. Main Events CEO Kathy Duva cited Kovalev’s contract with HBO. If Main Events lost the purse bid, Kovalev would be forced to fight on another network, something, Duva said, that was contractually prohibited.
That HBO would want to broadcast Kovalev-Stevenson is understandable. The network has invested time and resources in building Kovalev into a mainstream star. Yet if the network wanted the fight badly enough it would have offered Duva the financial support to compete with a Haymon-fueled purse bid, a bid that likely would have exceeded $5 million. And if it didn’t, well, there are solid reasons why it would benefit HBO to get out of the way.

Consider: A Haymon-won purse bid would have led to Kovalev-Stevenson airing on CBS or NBC, two networks that have sold airtime to Haymon for his PBC series. Slap Kovalev-Stevenson on network TV in primetime and it would register a huge rating; conservatively, say, 2.5 million viewers, an audience that vastly exceeds any that Kovalev draws on HBO. The winner—and let’s be real, Kovalev would be a heavy favorite to pound Stevenson into submission—would emerge a far bigger star than he was coming in.
This is why HBO’s decision to block the purse bid is perplexing. And to be clear, it is HBO. Main Events is the face of this, but Duva is simply marching to HBO’s tune. With Haymon gobbling up most of the television real estate, license fees from HBO have become Main Events’s largest source of income. Think Duva fears a Haymon-won purse bid? Come on. A bigger bid puts more money in her pocket. What she fears is damaging the company’s relationship with HBO. Said Duva, “We were not going to destroy our relationship with HBO over a fight that might not even happen.”

Yet for HBO to stand between a Kovalev-Stevenson fight is remarkably shortsighted. Yes, it would lose a significant show. But it would not lose Kovalev. A mandatory fight does not include a rematch clause. Kovalev recently re-signed a long term deal with Main Events. He is fiercely loyal to his longtime manager, Egis Klimas. He isn’t joining forces with Haymon. A Stevenson fight is a one-off. Kovalev wins, and he returns to HBO a much bigger star.
Think about what HBO could do with that. The network is building towards an eventual Kovalev showdown with super middleweight kingpin Andre Ward. A rematch with Jean Pascal is appealing; the first fight drew 1.15 million viewers. Exposing Kovalev to a network audience in 2015 would result in a huge ratings boost for HBO in 2016, and beyond.
Unfortunately, network execs don’t see it that way. Instead of Stevenson, Kovalev will pursue a fight with Beterbiev, in Moscow, an afternoon show that figures to be a ratings disaster. He will hope for a rematch with Pascal, though based on Pascal’s mediocre performance against Gonzalez, it’s fair to wonder just how much Pascal has left. He will pray that Ward, who doesn’t seem the least bit interested in leaving super middleweight, will have a change of heart.
Kovalev will still be a star; big puncher, big personality, there is no stopping that. Just nowhere near as big of one as he could be.

TheBeigeBomber

#Fukkery
Daps
1. Honestly, nothing much. Is it going to happen? Anyway, Chocolate Boy Wonder late TKO.

2. :takedat: Wow, smh, this RIGHT HERE is what I want to see BAD. Sorry @krackdagawd I got Rude Bwoy winning, that reach and power too much.

3. :ohhh: Breh this one is hard, pause, I can't choose one but if I had to...... E Money Bags Jr. aka The Truth, but I like Iman better than all of them, it's too early. Walters and Oscar gonna bump heads in a few years.

4.Anyone who fights Lucas needs to be careful. My question is this, what happens if Bud loses to Luke Skywalker? How far down the ladder does he go? If I was his handlers I wouldn't sign that fight, even though Bud may win.

5. No one is beating Ward.

6. Ginger will expose GGG and give him a boxing lesson like never before. The best thing that happened to Ginger was losing to Floyd and beating James in a all out brawl.

7. :francis: Aint no best, but in comparison the boxers that Manny trained were more successful, but he also trained more boxers. Also, if I was a professional boxer, he is the ONE who'd I want to train me.

:duck:

Stable Trained: