Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Anyways, B-Hop looking to face Arthur Abraham:lupe:

Bernard Hopkins Targets Arthur Abraham Showdown

Posted by: Steve Kim on 7/27/2015 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Steve Kim

Bernard Hopkins has made it very clear that even at the ripe old age of 50 that he's still like one more fight before calling it a day. And he has someone one in mind - Arthur Abraham, the current WBO super middleweight titlist.

Hopkins, who was last seen losing a 12-round decision to light heavyweight king, Sergey Kovalev, back in November told BoxingScene.com:

"I'm not retired but I do have an itch that I happened to want to entertain as far as at least a conversation and hopefully it will lead into a fight - and that is with the '68(pound) WBO champion. One reason is yeah, I'm 50 and I know that I'll have a lot of support from people of age and even the ones who believe that it can be one.

"I want to go out on my terms and I see that as a fight that can be made. 'Paco' (Valcarcel) the president of the WBO also believes it's a fight worth entertainig and trying to see if possibly it can happen. Where? I don't know, it's really in the early stages for that, right now."

The 35 year old Abraham (43-4, 29 KO's) stopped Robert Stieglitz in six rounds in Germany on July 18th in his most recent fight.

For the vast collection of world title belts that Hopkins has, he has never competed as a full-fledged super middleweight.

"I would love to go back one step and capture a world championship in a division, if you remember I skipped over that division to make history with Antonio Tarver at 175," said Hopkins, who in June of 2006, went from middleweight straight to light heavyweight to capture the lineal title in that weight class.

Bernard Hopkins Targets Arthur Abraham Showdown

Hopefully, Hopkins can get a title shot at 168. That would get him his 3rd Division Championship:obama:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Im not making excuses for Supes...Breh asked me what I thought bout em N I gave my opinion...Shumenov was food for anybody with a pulse nikka didn't have a trainer for gods sake...Mario Kart fight was a joke its a mando but we love to shyt on mandos here (jo jo Dan)

Today 2015 Fonfara is the best out that bunch

i agree. i really think fonfara is underrated. donis been lackluster lately ............but chad n fonfara might give him an tiny edge in resume over kkk.:yeshrug:

i would not be mad if someone disagreed though

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
why turn down a big purse bid...................thats wayyy more money.

duva dumb as rocks or they duckin....

fight should be a 50-50 split though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
khan has been quite lately.... im thinking it is him

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would like for Hopkins to retire. His obsession with history is just gonna get him hurt. If he's gonna fight though, he needs to get back to that strategic matchmaking that he has done beautifully in the past. He should have left the whole Kovalev thing alone. I haven't seen Arthur fight in years, since Ward sodomized him. I'm sure he see's something in him. However, Hopkins going to 168 now? Nah man Hopkins has been at 175 for 10 years now.

Adonis Stevenson has one of the best situations in boxing

I believe Adonis is happy with his situation, & I can't say I blame him. This is a business first after all. He doesn't care about Pascal, Kovalev, Ward, etc. He's the linear title holder getting paid good money for predictable fights. He made around 3 million for Sakio Bika. If he's making that kind of money why even take the tough fights? Why fukk that up? I think Adonis is capable of winning those fights, but he can lose as well.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
why cant they put adonis vs kovalev on hbo ppv?

i would want to pay for that over ggg lemieux and im sure most feel the same

HBO are being pricks
Depending on how they handle this #Beast situation we'll see if KKKov is really about that action. I half think its Main Events. If you combined those two I'd pay for that card. But KKKov/Beast KKKov/Superman are both shyts i'd pay for

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
why did dude choose to sign an exclusive contract?

coulda fought don then go back to hboexclusive as unified champ easily...if donis want rematch...its on his terms.

kkk a ducker. she works for him....if he dont wanna do something he can fire her....
Duva prolly told him he signs to HBO he gets all the moscow hats and moose meat he wants