Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Another one with the Champ of the worlds name in his mouth...looking for that Swift Stimulus

"I want Danny Garcia, I can beat him. Right now in the United States, they realized that I have the same record of [Floyd] Mayweather. This opportunity has opened up the door to do great things. I will now take a few days to travel. I want to thank my people. It would be nice to defend my crown in Argentina, with my people. At this level I have two years at most, but I'm willing to fight," Cuenca told Fox Deportes.

Someone needs to let Cuenca kno why Swift is the Argentine Killa....leave your ass talking to Dr.Melfi for $800/hr :umad:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
stevenson is really fighting a fukking nurse :dead:

seriously, he can't fight his mandy, fonfara or edwin. shyt, i would even be more interested with him and pascal at this point. this is ridiculous.

kathy holdin up the mandatory with chilemba..exclusive hbo bullshyt....he was supposed to fight on kkk undercard n wbc pres said he would make sure chilemba would get his shot...kathy fight wasnt approved by hbo.

fonfara is underrated. stevenson won most rounds except when he got dropped from being tired....don dominated that fight for the most part.

pascal fights too stupid to beat anyone of note...don already kd him with head gear on. don would ko him terribly with that wild shyt. pascal regressed so much.

edwin would be a decent guy...not all that but better than a nurse bum.

beterbeast or alvarez would have been the best realisticly.

gonza is nice but he kinda loss.....still unproven.

don didn't choose those names though which is why im critical of him.

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Stevenson or KKKov gotta better chance of fighting beterbeast before each other which is :francis: KKKovalev swords are a bit sharper right now than adonis but i'll take southpower power counter puncher over flat footed orthodox power puncher.

shyt should really be fireworks at 175 not bumfights

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I would like for Hopkins to retire. His obsession with history is just gonna get him hurt. If he's gonna fight though, he needs to get back to that strategic matchmaking that he has done beautifully in the past. He should have left the whole Kovalev thing alone. I haven't seen Arthur fight in years, since Ward sodomized him. I'm sure he see's something in him. However, Hopkins going to 168 now? Nah man Hopkins has been at 175 for 10 years now.

Adonis Stevenson has one of the best situations in boxing

I believe Adonis is happy with his situation, & I can't say I blame him. This is a business first after all. He doesn't care about Pascal, Kovalev, Ward, etc. He's the linear title holder getting paid good money for predictable fights. He made around 3 million for Sakio Bika. If he's making that kind of money why even take the tough fights? Why fukk that up? I think Adonis is capable of winning those fights, but he can lose as well.

I want Hopkins to retire as well but I don't think 168 will be a problem for him to make I recall him weighing in at 171-173 his last few fights. I don't think weight would be an issue.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Tried to catch the goat at a late night gym session but struck out once again left him another note tho :manny:

Daps
i agree. i really think fonfara is underrated. donis been lackluster lately ............but chad n fonfara might give him an tiny edge in resume over kkk.:yeshrug:

i would not be mad if someone disagreed though
Chad dawson:lolbron: you mean homie that got his soul taken by SOG, then was nice n tender for Adonis to finish... Also before that, had a nice winning streak that was taken by......yup Jean Pascal:stopitslime: but pascal is a bum?:francis:

I do agree Fonfara is solid fighter tho:ehh:

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Issues holding back Mayweather’s September 12th fight
PostDateIcon.png
July 27th, 2015 | Post FB Comment - 55 Comments
Share the post "Issues holding back Mayweather’s September 12th fight"

1-014_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Manny_Pacquiao.jpg
By Dan Ambrose: WBA/WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr’s September 12th fight is being held back by issues involving his future fights if he chooses to continue fighting beyond his September 12th date.

According to Dan Rafael, Showtime/CBS wants rights to Mayweather’s future fights if he decides to keep his career going after his next fight date. Supposedly, this is going to be Mayweather’s last fight of his career in September. However, if he changes his mind about retiring and decides to sign up with HBO to go for his 50th win of his career, Showtime/CBS is looking to protect their investment, says Rafael.

Stephen Espinoza, the vice president of sports for Showtime, totally disagrees with Rafael. He says none of this is true about Showtime holding up Mayweather for his September 12th fight.

Mayweather’s six-fight contract with Showtime/CBS ends in September, so it’s hard to see why Mayweather would be obligated to continue fighting with them if he chooses to fight in 2016 and beyond. Of course, it’s impossible to know what contract language was in the original six-fight contract.

“9/12 Floyd fight still not set. Issues there. Floyd says he’s retiring but Show/CBS want rights to future fights should he change mind,” Rafael said on his Twitter. “Show/CBS not about to let Floyd decide to return to possibly go 50-0 & take fight across street. This is 1 of reasons for long delay. I can’t blame Show/CBS for protecting their considerable investment in Floyd. I’d do the same thing.”

If Mayweather chooses to fight for HBO in 2016 rather than Showtime, then it would bring a lot of viewers to HBO, as well a lot of money. It would really bring a lot of money potentially if Mayweather were to fight someone good like Manny Pacquiao in a rematch, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, Miguel Cotto or Gennady Golovkin.

Mayweather would have a lot of options to fight if he were to move over to HBO for 2016. He wouldn’t have to worry about the hassle of trying to negotiate a fight between different networks.

If Mayweather stays with Showtime and is limited to only fighters that fight on the network, then his options could be limited if he decides to continue fighting next year unless Showtime and HBO were willing to work out a deal to televise the fight on both networks like what we saw in Mayweather’s recent fight against Manny Pacquiao on HBO/Showtime.

Mayweather is expected to fight Andre Berto on September 12th on Showtime PPV from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. Not too many boxing fans are interested in seeing that fight whether on Showtime or free television on CBS. If this is going to be Mayweather’s last fight for Showtime/CBS, he’s not exactly giving them a great sendoff fight.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Chad dawson:lolbron: you mean homie that got his soul taken by SOG, then was nice n tender for Adonis to finish... Also before that, had a nice winning streak that was taken by......yup Jean Pascal:stopitslime: but pascal is a bum?:francis:

I do agree Fonfara is solid fighter tho:ehh:

pascal currently is avg.

he beat dawson in close fight, plus it was stopped by head butt. then he loses to old bhop. beat two bums alexsky n blades, beat bute already soften by froch, beat roberto bumlonti, lose to kkk, gets controversial win barely off an unknown/untested ex hitman,bodyguard cuban jobber that just got off the boat.

ive never seen a "prime guy" struggle with an unknown like that. he fights wild n stupid . always tryna brawl with no defense at all. if gonza goes on to do great things....it will look alright. but currently it looks very terrible. doesn't help that most thought he lost or had a draw.

also donis opponents have beat kkk more than twice......n vice versa.

mitry beat terrorist
chad beat hop
bellow beat cleverly
george beat white

my point is that they are fighting around the same comp of guys. so to make a statement saying kkk fights wayyyyy better comp is an exaggeration imo.

lhw is barely above avg in comp....ignore rankings and you'll see their are only a handful of great fighters. bums like thomas the drunk n the mohammed the terrorist should not even be ranked in top 10 by ring.

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz do you want to make that thread for the PBC on Bounce card?..since an Ohio cat is going for his first world title on sunday

I was...but problem is I don't even know what channel it is:dead:

Haymon already got Rau'Shee The Gawd in the bushes trying to fight his way out:snoop:

Give me until tonight when I get home to see if I even have "Bounce". If I do, I'm gonna make the thread. If I don't, no thread needs to be made:manny:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
@patscorpio i understand the un proven part...but it seems like u are saying jmw is trash cause they don't have exciting fights?

then u bring up avg ass-no defense kirkland from back then? naw breh.

jmw 10 top is stacked in terms of talent....im not saying all are proven. im saying they are talented .

my boy jrock gonna move up and fight ggg too....let me eat this bread:ohlawd: and drink this water. :sas2: