Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Rigondeaux-Quigg Not Next, But in 12 Months Says Hearn

Posted by: Boxing Clever on 7/20/2015 .

WBA 'regular' super bantamweight champion Scott Quigg stayed on course for a bumper bout with the likes of Carl Frampton, Nonito Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux after retaining his WBA super-bantamweight title with a second-round stoppage of Kiko Martinez.

Over in America, Frampton was floored twice before taking a points win over Alejandro Gonzalez Jr on the same night, and Hearn will hold fresh talks with the Northern Irishman’s advisers about a major domestic fight.

“I'm speaking to Al Haymon’s team about the Carl Frampton-Scott Quigg fight as well,” said Hearn, who held recent discussions with Donaire’s promoters.

“I've got a meeting with them early next week. That’s still our No 1 priority. We've had a few initial discussions with Rigondeaux’s team and (manager) Gary Hyde. I don’t see that fight happening next, but that fight has to happen within 12 months because Scott Quigg is going to run out of opponents.

“He wants to fight the best in the division. For me at the moment, Rigondeaux against Quigg is No 1 and No 2 in the division. But I think the two favourites next are Frampton or Donaire.

“Whether they like to hear it or not, their stock dropped on Saturday night and Scott Quigg’s stock rose. I was thinking about potentially going back and making a revised offer, but I don’t think we need to. The original offer is fair and even more fair now after what happened on Saturday."

Rigondeaux-Quigg Not Next, But in 12 Months Says Hearn

:francis:

Everybody STILL ducking Rigo:beli:

Last edited:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
notice he has my same complaints.:shaq:

i knew u were gonna post that when i first saw it this morning.:heh::youngsabo:

i usually dont shyt on his avgjoe skills just his lack of hof prime fighters on resume. he has 1.:francis:

when compared to greats(hof/atg championship bouts, vs prime fighters, opponents records...etc) he comes in last in every category.

im just tryna go by the numbers and facts. no opinions.:yeshrug:

plus that bhop shyt was controversial . notice that most of outofprime-bhop CLOSE fights have REMATCHES.....even dawson,pascal,taylor,.

even Segundo Mercado and Robert Allen rematched him!:russ:

why not avgjoe? why the strange aberration all of a sudden?:sas2:

im a wlad stan but how is he number 1 yeah he got a dreat streak but most of them are eith b level or c level.

Byrd

Jennings

Brock

Chambers

Haye

those are some good names but for an all time great thats not amazing

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
im a wlad stan but how is he number 1 yeah he got a dreat streak but most of them are eith b level or c level.

Byrd

Jennings

Brock

Chambers

Haye

those are some good names but for an all time great thats not amazing

u got watch the whole video...skip to the end for the final standings. wlad is not last ill tell u that.

roy
oscar
bhop
holy
may
sweetpea
wlad

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
TMZ Sports says Mayweather-Berto is official

By Ryan O'Hara July 20, 2015 17:15
Related Articles

berto-flooo.jpg
According to TMZ Sports, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will fight Andre Berto on September 12th at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Respected boxing writer Michael Woods of The Sweet Science initially broke the story about a week ago.

TMZ Sports was able to get a hold of Berto, who is the former WBC & IBF World welterweight champion, but has lost three of his last six.

“It’s a pleasure and honor to be in this position and I’m looking forward to capitalizing on every moment of it.”

Mayweather (48-0, 26 KO’s) with a victory, will tie Rocky Marciano’s legendary mark of 49 wins without a defeat. Berto (33-3, 23 KO’s) is fresh off a sixth-round TKO victory of Josesito Lopez in March.

TMZ previously reported that there was some bad blood between the two, with Berto claiming the undisputed pound-for-pound king was prank calling him, and he believes it was over a woman.

Floyd Mayweather has fought on PPV since June 25, 2005, when he fought the late Arturo Gatti, winning via sixth-round TKO. Since, he has gone on to fight on PPV in 13 of his last 14 fights, including his most recent bout against Manny Pacquiao, the most lucrative boxing match of all-time.

Many fans feel that the fight didn’t live up to its name dubbed the “Fight of the Century.” As a result, it’s rumored that this fight could air on network television as a give back to fans who forked over as much a $100 to watch the fight.

If the fight does take place on CBS, Mayweather will still make around $35 million, which is the same amount he would make if it were on Showtime PPV. Because the pay-per-view revenue would be absent in this scenario, it means CBS/Showtime is going to have to find sponsors, and advertise the fight.

Otherwise, it’s going to be a huge financial hit.

Mayweather-Berto on September 12th. Is anyone excited for this fight?

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

Related Articles

berto-flooo.jpg
According to TMZ Sports, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will fight Andre Berto on September 12th at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Respected boxing writer Michael Woods of The Sweet Science initially broke the story about a week ago.

TMZ Sports was able to get a hold of Berto, who is the former WBC & IBF World welterweight champion, but has lost three of his last six.

“It’s a pleasure and honor to be in this position and I’m looking forward to capitalizing on every moment of it.”

Mayweather (48-0, 26 KO’s) with a victory, will tie Rocky Marciano’s legendary mark of 49 wins without a defeat. Berto (33-3, 23 KO’s) is fresh off a sixth-round TKO victory of Josesito Lopez in March.

TMZ previously reported that there was some bad blood between the two, with Berto claiming the undisputed pound-for-pound king was prank calling him, and he believes it was over a woman.

Floyd Mayweather has fought on PPV since June 25, 2005, when he fought the late Arturo Gatti, winning via sixth-round TKO. Since, he has gone on to fight on PPV in 13 of his last 14 fights, including his most recent bout against Manny Pacquiao, the most lucrative boxing match of all-time.

Many fans feel that the fight didn’t live up to its name dubbed the “Fight of the Century.” As a result, it’s rumored that this fight could air on network television as a give back to fans who forked over as much a $100 to watch the fight.

If the fight does take place on CBS, Mayweather will still make around $35 million, which is the same amount he would make if it were on Showtime PPV. Because the pay-per-view revenue would be absent in this scenario, it means CBS/Showtime is going to have to find sponsors, and advertise the fight.

floyd trolling every body

full

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
smells like bs to me

Pacquiao: I’m doing rehab myself, I can now raise my arm!
date July 20th, 2015 | Post FB Comment - 36 Comments

Share the post "Pacquiao: I’m doing rehab myself, I can now raise my arm!"

44Facebook10Twitter2Google+

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny PacquiaoBy Chris Williams: In response to criticism from his promoter Bob Arum for him missing a meeting with his doctor on July 18th to begin his rehab on his surgically repaired right shoulder, superstar Manny Pacquiao sent a message today saying that everything is fine and that he’s started his shoulder rehab on his own without meeting a doctor.

Pacquiao feels that he’s ahead of schedule for his shoulder rehab. Pacquiao isn’t saying where he learned how to rehab a surgically repaired right rotator cuff injury, but he seems to feel that he knows what he’s doing.
But without Pacquiao’s surgically repaired rotator cuff being examined by his surgeon, he’s flying blind by doing exercises that might not conducive for the proper healing of his shoulder.

“I respect Bob Arum. He’s just like a father to me. I believe he’s just voicing his concern and I appreciate it. I don’t take it negatively,” Pacquiao said via supersport.com. “But he has nothing to worry about. I’m doing the rehab myself. I’m recovering faster than expected. I can now raise my right arm.”

Some boxing fans might see this statement from Pacquiao and read it as a sign of him never having a shoulder problem to begin with. This is what a lot of fans actually believe. They believe that Pacquiao faked the shoulder injury that he had said was caused during his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. last May 2nd. They feel that Pacquiao brought up the shoulder injury bit as an excuse for him having lost a fairly one-sided fight 12 round decision to Mayweather. This is all conspiracy stuff, of course. But when you see Pacquiao saying he’s rehabbing his surgically repaired shoulder on his own without meeting with his surgeon who specializes in helping people come back from injuries if this time, it may cause some fans to wonder whether Pacquiao ever had an injury to begin with.

Arum recently said to the Boxingmirror.com “When you have an operation like that you’ve got to get into rehab. You’ve got to get the doctor to look at it and to guide you as to the kind of rehab that you’ve got to do…As far as I’m concerned he’s not an active fighter.”
Coming back from a torn rotator cuff is extremely difficult for any athlete, so you can understand Arum’s concern with the issue. There are a lot of athletes that are never able to come back from surgery of this kind. It’s one of the more difficult injuries for a sports person to come back from. For Pacquiao not to be meeting with his surgeon after surgery to have him guide him through rehab, it does seem a little irresponsible on Pacquiao’s part.

If Pacquiao comes back from this and only has the use of his left arm, he’s going to be right back where he started from before his trainer Freddie Roach taught him how to use his right hand a decade ago in 2005. If Pacquiao is only going to fight one or two more fights before he retires, then it might not matter if his right arm is never the same. He can get a big money rematch against Mayweather, as long as he comes in at the right price, and then maybe fight one of Arum’s Top Rank stable fighters like Terence Crawford as a favor to Arum.

Share the post "Pacquiao: I’m doing rehab myself, I can now raise my arm!"

44Facebook10Twitter2Google+

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Related Articles

berto-flooo.jpg

TBE on Free TV?:lupe:

:blessed: