Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
i know but when kkov did it nobody wants to criticize him but me when i feel like trollin.

money is more important which is why i don't know why he with stayed kathy who takes 50% of his purse after taxes:mjlol:
Maybee it is loyalty. A lot of these fighter's stay loyal to promoter's, often against their better judgment. Sometimes it works out. Duva is always quick to tell the story of how Kovalev tried to get a promoter and fights in the US and she was the only one that would take him on. It seems tougher for a lot of these Europeans to get a foothold in the US and get consistent fights. Also when they do get into the US they seem to be older as well having spent a lot of time trying to build themselves up in Europe with European promoter's.
Maybe he did it off the fact she got him US fights and an HBO contract. :manny:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
According to sources with knowledge of the details, WBC cruiserweight champion Grigory Drozd (40-1, 28 KOs) and WBC mandatory challenger Ilunga Makabu (19-1, 18 KOs) have agreed to the terms for a proposed showdown, which will take place in Russia. No dates or venues have been named, and no official information is available. Press officers for the “World of Boxing” promotional company, who handle Drozd, have yet to give comment on the rumor.

Drozd, 35 and ranked at #4 by TBRB, has been on a roll recently. He acquired his green belt with a convincing decision over Krzystzof Wlodarczyk in September of 2014, then defended it with a dominant TKO of Wlodarczyk’s teammate Lukasz Janik in May.

RSA-based Congolese Makabu is also running very smoothly as of late. He is 5-0, 5 KOs, since his only decision win (over Dmytro Kucher in 2013), which includes TKO over famed veteran Glen Johnson and come-from-behind stoppage win against Thabiso Mchunu in the WBC cruiserweight final eliminator. Makabu is ranked #10 by the TBRB (also #4 by the WBA and #6 by the WBO).

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Maybee it is loyalty. A lot of these fighter's stay loyal to promoter's, often against their better judgment. Sometimes it works out. Duva is always quick to tell the story of how Kovalev tried to get a promoter and fights in the US and she was the only one that would take him on. It seems tougher for a lot of these Europeans to get a foothold in the US and get consistent fights. Also when they do get into the US they seem to be older as well having spent a lot of time trying to build themselves up in Europe with European promoter's.
Maybe he did it off the fact she got him US fights and an HBO contract. :manny:

i know but his pockets will be lacking cause he cant make tough business decisions with no emotions attached.

like i said leave kathy beat adonis and more money then u can imagine but he chose not too.:manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Kovalev could a fought :cape:on PBC get 4-5 million viewers...make way more then 500k...get all the belts at 175...take his ass back to HBO a fukking boss

Instead get your card pulled N fight sadam Hussein on HBO :mindblown:

Not only that the fight could a been on HBO...Superman's team said well fight wherever as long as its the most money for us to make...Duva still bytched out :pacspit:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Kovalev could a fought :cape:on PBC get 4-5 million viewers...make way more then 500k...get all the belts at 175...take his ass back to HBO a fukking boss

Instead get your card pulled N fight sadam Hussein on HBO :mindblown:

Not only that the fight could a been on HBO...Superman's team said well fight wherever as long as its the most money for us to make...Duva still bytched out :pacspit:

zliojhtxmg.gif

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thought this was his last showtime ppv and theyd save pbc for number 50.. stephen espinosa keeps losing if true

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
why?

newzz is the one saying he would ko both donis/kkkov in 2 secs.
Footwork ain't good enough yet. Don't know what his chin is like, although I saw him eat straight rights like skooby snacks and keep on. Adonis would make him pay for coming in like that.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I also remember hearing a story that Kovalev left the Russian amateur team because they wanted to promote Beterbiev and Korobov more. Anyone confirm that?

I dont have a problem with Kovalev signing an exclusive contract with HBO. Being a HBO top promoted fighter has been the best option for being in front of max audiences, good purses, and great publicity.
Haymon may change that, but it hasnt happened yet. Some guys are their own stars (Mayweather, Pacquiao), but most fighters need to be built into a star and HBO has been the best IMO. :manny:
Nah they fukked KKKov with 500k (which he only ended up with $125,000 of) against B hop, that's bullshyt.