Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
yep, only boone hurt him and he recoverd quite well.

boxnews24 writers aint that good breh. i just go there for breaking news.
No ward has done the chicken dance before against kenny kost..his chin was found a couple of times in that fight but he didn't go down

It was those early fights though that made me think he was going to be another am to pro casualty...dude was not impressing me at all

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
If Bradley can make 160...then there's no problem imo.

Roberto Duran fought Marvin Hagler at 160 and nobody said anything or holds that against Marvelous:manny:

Can u picture Marvin not fighting the 4Horsemen after they moved up...?

Everybody would have said he duckinnnn!!!:damn:

He had to fight them in a way. Also alot of people love to say Marvin called out smaller guys but those guys used to call out Marvin all the time, especially Hearns. Plus they are not regular fighters moving up in weight , they are ATGs. Duran won titles at mw, Ray won at smw and Hearns won at cruiserweight.

Spinks: There was no 168 division back then and marvin was a true middleweight but small in a way. I dont believe he had the body frame to go up to 175 magically and face Spinks successfully without strain.Marvin rarely walked above 160 and in some of his title fights he was below 160. Plus Spinks really was a hw at lhw and should have been open to catchweight, but he wasnt as far as I know. Dumb boxing/business decision imo.

Mcallum: Didnt happen cause Marvin at that time was trying to fight Ray and vice-versa. Marvin compromised with Ray in terms of ring size,gloves,purse and...etc. But Ray still wouldn't give him a rematch, so he retired cause he was too old/war torn anyways. He only wanted big money fights now. Also there was no public outcry from fans or media to face Mcallum unlike with Duran, who had just beat Davey Moore for a mw title.Mcallum had started at jmw division and by the time he won a mw title(still unknown)...Marvin had retired.

It took longer to get a mw title back then and people really wasn't fond of fighting Marvin anways in his prime. Marvin had became a PPV star, had the skills and was the Undisputed Mw Champ.

If u want the Undisputed PPV Champ, move up or down to get him.........:sas1:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Watched Vargas/Quartey last night. Man, I'd truly forgotten how it seemed like Vargas' destiny was to be one of the all-time GOATs. In his 15th fight in just his second year as a pro, is IBF superwelter champ knocking off Campas, and then beating Marquez, Winky, and Quartey back-to-back at 20-21 years old :mindblown: There aren't a lot of fighters who are that accomplished in their first 20 fights.

That 21st though :demonic:

The shame of it is after that debacle instead of falling back and building him back up he gets in their with Oscar, and I really think it's the build-up, result, and aftermath of that right that ruined him for good. He really started buying into the tough guy shyt and never fought intelligently again. This dude went from being too polished, sleek, and skilled for Winky and Quartey :ahh: to losing decisively to Mayorga in a garbage brawl :dahell:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can u picture Marvin not fighting the 4Horsemen after they moved up...?

Everybody would have said he duckinnnn!!!:damn:

He had to fight them in a way. Also alot of people love to say Marvin called out smaller guys but those guys used to call out Marvin all the time, especially Hearns. Plus they are not regular fighters moving up in weight , they are ATGs. Duran won titles at mw, Ray won at smw and Hearns won at cruiserweight.

Spinks: There was no 168 division back then and marvin was a true middleweight but small in a way. I dont believe he had the body frame to go up to 175 magically and face Spinks successfully without strain.Marvin rarely walked above 160 and in some of his title fights he was below 160. Plus Spinks really was a hw at lhw and should have been open to catchweight, but he wasnt as far as I know. Dumb boxing/business decision imo.

Mcallum: Didnt happen cause Marvin at that time was trying to fight Ray and vice-versa. Marvin compromised with Ray in terms of ring size,gloves,purse and...etc. But Ray still wouldn't give him a rematch, so he retired cause he was too old/war torn anyways. He only wanted big money fights now. Also there was no public outcry from fans or media to face Mcallum unlike with Duran, who had just beat Davey Moore for a mw title.Mcallum had started at jmw division and by the time he won a mw title(still unknown)...Marvin had retired.

It took longer to get a mw title back then and people really wasn't fond of fighting Marvin anways in his prime. Marvin had became a PPV star, had the skills and was the Undisputed Mw Champ.

If u want the Undisputed PPV Champ, move up or down to get him.........:sas1:

isn't 168, SMW?

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
isn't 168, SMW?

"Smw" been around since 1960's, but wasnt "official " until late 80s after Ray had won the controversial decision over Marvin. Wbc(the real,first belt) officially crowned Ray in 88 after Spinks wanted the fight and by that time Marvin had retired.

Also like I said, to my knowledge , Spinks wasnt open to a catchweight anyways. Cant demand an Undisputed PPV star to do anything if you want to be real about it. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Smw" been around since 1960's, but wasnt "official " until late 80s after Ray had won the controversial decision over Marvin. Wbc(the real,first belt) officially crowned Ray in 88 after Spinks wanted fight and by that time Marvin was retired.

Also like I said, to my knowledge , Spinks wasnt open to a catchweight anyways. Cant demand an Undisputed PPV star to do anything if you want to be real about it. :yeshrug:

:ehh:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

he'll choose weak ass glasskov...ranked high enough to not be called a bum but has no power to make him pay for dumb mistakes.:manny:

browne, while not all that, has good power. we thought bum molina power wouldnt bother wilder but it did. wilder might be tryna pull a khan and avoid power punchers...but that would be hard. most hw can crack.

i will say wilder chin is better than what people think....glass chin dont survive gettin caught mid swing in hw division.

thompson would be a great test for wilder imo.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
he'll choose weak ass glasskov...ranked high enough to not be called a bum but has no power to make him pay for dumb mistakes.:manny:

browne, while not all that, has good power. we thought bum molina power wouldnt bother wilder but it did. wilder might be tryna pull a khan and avoid power punchers...but that would be hard. most hw can crack.

i will say wilder chin is better than what people think....glass chin dont survive gettin caught mid swing in hw division.

thompson would be a great test for wilder imo.

I would rather see Wilder vs Arreola than Browne, Glaskov, or Thompson.