Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
of course it ''matters''..boxing was built off fighters taking :ufdup:''official dives'' too....so who cares.

hardcore unbiased fans know who the truth ..:sas1:

u argued vehemently against the judges for mont-garcia....so while their judgments matters, its cleary a backhand salty compliment n u dont respect them or else u wouldnt argue so long about judges decision u dont agree with. u would say ''judge ur right and im wrong'' end of discussion.:youngsabo:

but since u in the mood to play ur troll little devil's advocate persona, now u wanna act like u respect the judges soooooooo much
.:rudy::comeon:

Damn, breh....I hate it had to be you, but @Newzz doesnt take lightly to fellow poster's calling his integrity into question:birdman:

What did I say here? Hmmmm?:sas1:

In the VERY thread of Danny Garcia vs Lamont Peterson:ufdup:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/12962796/
I had it 10-2 for Lamont...gave him every round but the 6th and 10th. I lean towards boxing and movement over coming forward but no success landing anything that mattered or missing badly. I prefer Boxers, so I'm biased to them. (Herrera/Garcia, Lara/Canelo, Floyd/Canelo, DLH/Tito, etc)

Like I posted earlier, 2 of the 3 judges gave Peterson the sweep of rounds 8 through 12....that's 5 rounds won at minimum and should be unarguable by anyone.

I just don't see how anyone who thinks Swift won, didnt have Lamont winning at LEAST 2 of the first 7 rounds. That's crazy to me. You would have had to have Swift up 7-0 in order to win this fight or up 6-1 to get a draw entering the 8th round going by the majority of the judge's cards.
This fight did come down to personal preference though:yeshrug:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/12962826/
At the end of the day, I'm not mad because I needed Lamont to lose in order to be stripped:lolbron:
Garcia got the official W
, and is probably about to move up and vacate now:blessed:
That means AB has 2 titles available to go after:banderas:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/12962998/

Side note, to all the brehs in here. Good convo and respectful back and forths are:ohlawd: right now:obama:

At the end of the day, Swift won and we won because it was a good match up and fight.

I respect yall's boxing eyes and this is gonna be a topic of controversy being it REALLY came down to what you prefer.

Salute to both Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson for giving us a good fight:salutekobe:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/12963068/
You and I both gave Swift the 10th as well...while 2 of the 3 judges didn't:heh:
That's why I keep saying it was definitely a fight of what you prefer:yeshrug:

You're right though, regardless of my card...it wasn't a robbery, because it was alot of close rounds that they could've scored for the Champion because he's the Champ.

Anything else about that fight?:yeahright:

I said Garcia got the official W (which is what I ALWAYS say is most important), I said the fight came down to personal preference, and I said it wasnt a robbery:ufdup:

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
same nikkas that be throwing salt talkin bout floyd REALLY LOST TO CASTILLO:umad:

but u agree with everything judges say though:francis:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
which means hootin nhollering n praising jesus over roy n benn list justifies nothing bout loma being better than walters. its just a stans way to feel good bout their boxer.:pachaha:

Breh, what?:dwillhuh:

Roy and Benn and Calzaghe are talking about how SKILLED Lomachenko is, which is crazy that anyone would even argue against his skills in the 1st place. Him, Floyd, Ward, and Rigo are The 4 Horsemen of Pure Boxing today:birdman:

However, just because people rave on your SKILLS doesnt mean they are gonna put you in the Top 10 P4P list, because those lists go by resumes.....or else, Timothy Bradley wouldnt have ever been on one.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I'm impressed. I've never really had a great appreciation for him because he hid overseas before Jones/Hopkins got old. I will give him the Lacy fight though. At the end of the day he does have their names on his resume. Will never understand how someone so slap happy did so well, I mean, I fought a created boxer of Joe in a fight night once, nikka hit me like 60 times a round and I was gaining stamina brehs :lolbron:

Everybody underrates the HOFer, but at the end of the day.......46 had tried and 46 had failed:ahh:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Damn, breh....I hate it had to be you, but @Newzz doesnt take lightly to fellow poster's calling his integrity into question:birdman:

What did I say here? Hmmmm?:sas1:

In the VERY thread of Danny Garcia vs Lamont Peterson:ufdup:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/12962796/

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/12962826/

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/12962998/

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/12963068/

Anything else about that fight?:yeahright:

I said Garcia got the official W (which is what I ALWAYS say is most important), I said the fight came down to personal preference, and I said it wasnt a robbery:ufdup:

bruh all i said is that u personally DIDNT agree with the judges .....Which is TRUE.

if u worship judges so much u would have the same score card as them not say ''ohhh i think its this score but the judges official score matter soooo''. sounds like u wanna say its a robbery ...stop beating around the bush.

if u give tim win over pac or jc win over hopkins or paul over lara(who got penalized if i remember correctly for robbing lara)...ur worshiping judges, who are clearly fukkin stupid n blind.:scust:

but u dont worship judges like that which is why deep down inside u know jc has a bummy resume, but like i said u in the mood to play ur little troll devils advocate persona for now.

im done cause i know im right n ur just trollin.:beli:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Breh, what?:dwillhuh:

Roy and Benn and Calzaghe are talking about how SKILLED Lomachenko is, which is crazy that anyone would even argue against his skills in the 1st place. Him, Floyd, Ward, and Rigo are The 4 Horsemen of Pure Boxing today:birdman:

However, just because people rave on your SKILLS doesnt mean they are gonna put you in the Top 10 P4P list, because those lists go by resumes.....or else, Timothy Bradley wouldnt have ever been on one.

roy clearly has a video saying loma is in his top 10 p4p........................

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
bruh all i said is that u personally DIDNT agree with the judges .....Which is TRUE.

if u worship judges so much u would have the same score card as them not say ''ohhh i think its this score but the judges official score matter soooo''. sounds like u wanna say its a robbery ...stop beating around the bush.

But I said it WASNT a robbery and explained why right below in the quote:dahell:

Newzz said:
You're right though, regardless of my card...it wasn't a robbery, because it was alot of close rounds that they could've scored for the Champion because he's the Champ.

You're gonna ignore that to keep arguing after I proved your initial attack wrong?:dwillhuh:

if u give tim win over pac or jc win over hopkins or paul over lara(who got penalized if i remember correctly for robbing lara)...ur worshiping judges, who are clearly fukkin stupid n blind.:scust:

This makes 0 sense breh:snoop:

So, if you say "the only decision that matters if the official decision" you're worshiping judges?:what:

So, there's 2 records huh? Their Official record and The Hyperman25 records?:dead:

So Floyd ISNT undefeated?:mjlol:

but u dont worship judges like that which is why deep down inside u know jc has a bummy resume, but like i said u in the mood to play ur little troll devils advocate persona for now.

im done cause i know im right n ur just trollin.:beli:

Joe Calzaghe "has a bummy resume".....is he a HOFer or not friend? :sas1:

Who is the better skilled Boxer, Joe Calzaghe or Carl Froch friend?:sas1:

Who would you bet on to win a fight between the 2?:mjpls:

Who did Mikkel Kessler, who fought BOTH of them, say was better?:mjpls:

Who has the better victory on their resume, Calzaghe or Froch?:sas2:

Exactly:umad:

And this isnt "trolling".......this is Newzz sparring with you. Watch for the hook breh:smugbiden:

Last edited:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Official decisions are the only decisions that count:banderas:

Joe_Calzaghe_644071a.jpg

:blessed:

All of press row had Hopkins winning :camby:

had he not made those "white boy" comments they would have gave him his W.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
All of press row had Hopkins winning :camby:

had he not made those "white boy" comments they would have gave him his W.

114-113 though, just like 1 of the judges had it for Hopkins. It's not like they had Hopkins winning 116-112/117-111 or anything. The fight was close and Calzaghe got the SD:yeshrug:

Dan Rafael scored it 114-113 for Hopkins, but wrote this:

It was a very close, difficult fight to score. In the end, judges Ted Gizma (115-112) and Chuck Giampa (116-111) had it for Calzaghe while judge Adalaide Byrd had it 114-113 for Hopkins. ESPN.com also had it 114-113 for Hopkins, but by the end of the fight, it was Calzaghe taking it to the 43-year-old.

Hopkins insisted his age was not a factor.

"I wasn't slowing down," he said. "I was pacing myself for the long haul. Freddie told me to keep my pace and take him into the deep waters. I wanted him to run into my shots and I think I made him do that, and I think I made it look easy. I think I controlled the pace and the fight. I think it was an old-school execution.

"We have judges, we have officials. In the end, it's the fans who know who won the fight.

"I just feel like I made him look amateurish."

The CompuBox statistics, however, tell a different story. Calzaghe landed 232 of 707 punches (33 percent) to Hopkins' 127 of 468 (27 percent).

It was the most punches ever landed on Hopkins in any of the more than a dozen fights of his that CompuBox has tracked.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?id=3355228

Calzaghe outworked, outlanded, and had the higher accuracy in the fight...plus landed more power punches.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=compubox-bernard-hopkins-joe-calzaghe

46 tried....46 failed:wow:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
114-113 though, just like 1 of the judges had it for Hopkins. It's not like they had Hopkins winning 116-112/117-111 or anything. The fight was close and Calzaghe got the SD:yeshrug:

Dan Rafael scored it 114-113 for Hopkins, but wrote this:

Calzaghe outworked, outlanded, and had the higher accuracy in the fight...plus landed more power punches.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=compubox-bernard-hopkins-joe-calzaghe

46 tried....46 failed:wow:

Unless you're Floyd with his defense N landing at damn near 50% clip

If your ass gets outthrown by a lot N you get out landed in Power Punches...the judges wont be in your favor

nikkas still like to cry bout it tho :mjlol: