Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
OK. I though he had troubles dealing with a southpaw but it felt like it was more than that. I think I'ma be #CarneloCartel only in that weight category if he doesn't improve :mjpls:
GGG looks for the opening and weaknesses of his opponent, this also creates a vulnerable passage as you saw last night..call him what you want but the guy packs some nasty heavy hands.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
GGG looks for the opening and weaknesses of his opponent, this also creates a vulnerable passage as you saw last night..call him what you want but the guy packs some nasty heavy hands.
Oh but I'm not contesting his power (his resume speaks for himself lol) and I'm aware that an attack-minded fighter necessarily lessen his focus on his defense but he seemed so opened in the 4th and 5th at times, it was weird.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Oh but I'm not contesting his power (his resume speaks for himself lol) and I'm aware that an attack-minded fighter necessarily lessen his focus on his defense but he seemed so opened in the 4th and 5th at times, it was weird.
indeed, the head hunter in GGG took a little toll on himself,. credit to Monroe who landed some nice body shots. I really thought the fight was all over in round 2.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

Good looks on the links breh but how these Russians gon cut out the post fight interview in a GGG fight? Had me googling for that good boy interview and I was disappointed cuz his broken english has improved...

Anyways good to see my boy Roman continues his excellence and get that much needed exposure...:salute:

ggg got exposed tonight I think any slick boxer will give him problem I have been saying for months that I like cotto in a fight with ggg, his foot work is on level with broner being that he's too flat footed,
The ticket to beating this guy is a slick boxer with hands who can take a punch...I don't see that boxer at 154, 160 or 168...Canelo is tough as fukk but can he take multiple punches from GGG? Cotton knows he can't hence why that p*ssy is trying to pay GGG not to fight him...Dre is the only real challenge for GGG but is he still the same fighter? and we've seen him go down in the past from guys who don't punch as hard as GGG...

GGG exhibits what you want to see from a great pressure fighter, all the great ones got hit a lot but they walked through everything and pounded you into submission...GGG gets hit clean a lot especially with straight punches...A lot of that has to do with him being a stiff, dude doesn't move his head enough and he's flat footed...Monroe was landing his left seemingly every time he through it but he never stopped GGG's pursuit...GGG continued his pursuit and eventually like all great pressure fighters got to his opponent and finished him off...

Like Cus D'Amato told Ali before Frazier 1...you can run but eventually he's going to catch you...that's exactly what GGG does...

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
ggg got exposed tonight I think any slick boxer will give him problem I have been saying for months that I like cotto in a fight with ggg, his foot work is on level with broner being that he's too flat footed,
but monroe best rounds wasnt him being slick

he stood toe to toe with GGG in the later rounds after getting stalked and beat down in the 2nd

and GGG isnt flat footed at all, didnt u see how he was cutting off the ring. he doesn't move his head enough though thats one clear weakness he has

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
:laff:
GGG was a former stand up comedian in his native homeland. Boy got jokes.

I don't know why I can't rock with dude I want to like him but his stans along with the Mexican pandering are :scust: to me.

Monroe gave him all the props in the world but when it came to Monroe doing well on the inside "nah he let it happen Mexican style blah blah" :camby:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Also brehs, I started building my boxing knowledge up and watched some classic fights from the 80s (Leonard vs Duran I & II, Leonard vs Hagler, Leonard vs Hearns I & II, Hearns vs Hagler, I'll catch Duran-Hagler next week I guess). Good stuff really and different from the matches I watched this year. But I wonder what was Leonard's game-plan when he fought Duran the first time ? Why did he went to war, when it seemed clear that it was Duran territory ? Why didn't he "dance" around him like he did in the rematch or with Hagler ?
and I had this image of Leonard being some kind of nice guy but the breh was cocky and disrespectful as hell with his mind games :russ:

Also what are you guys take on the decisions of SRL-Hearns II and SRL-Hagler ? :mjpls:

I then watched some Roy Jones fights (against Toney, Hopkins I, Hall, Lebedev, the Olympics final) too and :wow:
Was his first two rounds against Hall the most disrespectful thing seen in boxing ? I mean, what Leonard did to Duran in the second fight was crazy but Jones actually backed that up (though Hall was clearly not on his level as opposed to Duran-Leonard being even, I know) by knocking the breh down thrice. I wonder what was the highest between Jones' cockiness, his hand speed or the level of disrespect he showed Hall. :scust: I felt bad for Hall who was badly beaten (above all when the commentary was like "Hall had a rough childhood with his uncle beating up and almost caught a murder charge when he tried to defend himself :sadcam:) above all with RJJ showboating like that. Poor Jamaican breh didn't deserve that and in my head I was like "fukk having heart, just throw the towel homie" :sadcam:

And really, I thought Jones was doing too much against an opponent he knew was far below him. And then I saw him getting KO'd by Lebedev (Jones was :flabbynsick: by then I guess) and then I was like :

NrcIRsB.gif

:manny:

But Jones style is really interesting. Unorthodox, super fast and charismatic. I'm not a fan of brehs flexing like in sports that but couldn't help but :wow: at this man's style. How did he became like that from a technical point of view though ? Leading with his left hook (and what left hook :wow:, still laughing at Toney taunting him then getting knocked down by it in return), not much guard, kinda jumpy style, not much clinching when in trouble it seems. Even in the Olympics final, as an amateur, he was already like that...

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I don't know why I can't rock with dude I want to like him but his stans along with the Mexican pandering are :scust: to me.

Monroe gave him all the props in the world but when it came to Monroe doing well on the inside "nah he let it happen Mexican style blah blah" :camby:
Time to join team #GGGoodBoys, breh.
CExsBAyVAAAVgYq.jpg

:jawalrus:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
For the GGG followers on here, was it normal that Golovkin took so much clean punches in the 4th and 5th ? :lupe:
There's a trend of him getting tagged up by people with no power (Monroe, Adama) but not eating anything significant from people with proven power (Stevens).

He also pressed for the knockout last night more than I've ever seen him. He's usually VERY patient after he knocks someone down but he rushed for the kill in the 2nd.

I think the likely explanation for last night is Monroe couldn't hurt him and he knew if he landed enough he'd KO him so he said fukk it and went for the kill.