Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
11268902_980724101951932_1243185013295026948_n.jpg

:ehh:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Has anyone ever faced a better run of fighters in one calendar year than Oscar in 1999?

Who in their right mind three months after that war with undefeated Quartey jumps in with two loss Oba Carr (L's to only Tito and Quartey) and then four months after that is in their with Tito? :mindblown:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Has anyone ever faced a better run of fighters in one calendar year than Oscar in 1999?

Who in their right mind three months after that war with undefeated Quartey jumps in with two loss Oba Carr (L's to only Tito and Quartey) and then four months after that is in their with Tito? :mindblown:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug :mjpls:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Toney in '91

KO'd Michael Nunn (who was p4p #3 at the time) when he was a 20-1 underdog.

Then beat Reggie Johnson less than 2 months later.

And fought a prime all-time great in Mike McCallum at the end of the year.

Also beat Merqui Sosa a few months before Nunn

Ali beat Frazier & Foreman in the same year...and Liston & Patterson in the same year about 10 years earlier

Sugar Ray Robinson fought Armstrong & Lamotta in '43...Graziano, Maxim & Olson in '52...Fullmer (x2) & Basillo in '57...all hall of famers

Ezzard Charles fought Burley (x2) Maxim (x2) Overlin & Basora in '42...Moore, Marshall & Bivins (all hall of famers) in '46

I can go on...

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

No matter what people say about Oscar's personal life, nobody could ever call him a p*ssy. When he was the biggest name in boxing he carried the sport the right way. By fighting the best. I could care less if he's a fruit cup, dude was a warrior in the ring. He gave us enough great match ups that I give him a pass for ducking the guy in my avi:mjpls:

TheBeigeBomber

#Fukkery
Daps
No matter what people say about Oscar's personal life, nobody could ever call him a p*ssy. When he was the biggest name in boxing he carried the sport the right way. By fighting the best. I could care less if he's a fruit cup, dude was a warrior in the ring. He gave us enough great match ups that I give him a pass for ducking the guy in my avi:mjpls:

winky :noah: