Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Dude wasn't nobody pulling for Pac in any overwhelming numbers in this forum.
Look at the poll from the official fight thread:
5NseSTu.jpg

Most of us figured it would be a Floyd decision win. I personally didn't expect him to use so much movement as he did but a terribly non-entertaining Floyd victory by decision was the consensus here.
You'd know that though if you actually posted here regularly instead of just showing up to fly your Stan flag for a few days.:sas2:
O u got me there....:mjlol:...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i think pacquiao should retire
I don't think he needs to retire. I think Manny has a good year or two left where he can go down to 140 make some bank feeding on dudes at that weight who are not in the same class as Manny and also not anywhere near the type of technical/defensive fighter as Floyd.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
I been trying to tell you breh. It's been obvious to me that's what it was for a while now. He's still the same Manny, but he's alot more cautious due to getting caught going for the kill by JMM.

I think Broner is dealing with this as well to be honest

To add to this, Floyd was knowingly dropping back on to the ropes plenty of times, waiting to catch manny get reckless. Manny just didnt let his hands go :francis:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I don't think he needs to retire. I think Manny has a good year or two left where he can go down to 140 make some bank feeding on dudes at that weight who are not in the same class as Manny and also not anywhere near the type of technical/defensive fighter as Floyd.

whos gonna pay for another manny fight? :pachaha:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
whos gonna pay for another manny fight? :pachaha:
I could see people who feel that Floyd ran would still pay to see Manny fight especially if it is against someone that is likely to trade with him.
And if you think Manny is shot then his next fight could do well just based on people wanting to see if he gets KTFO by whoever his opponent is.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
I don't know if it's just me or that I have a fixation on this fight but..

it goes to show how amazing Hatton's performance really was. He was eating Mayweather's best for a solid 9 rounds before he was hurt, made Mayweather fight every second of every round and had him uncomfortable in spots, and this was all before Mayweather getting a bit old and having to rest every so often on the ropes.

This. Full respect to Hatton in that fight, dude came to fight that night. When he caught floyd in the first round had me like :gladbron:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Aight brehs, I think I'll be a little more present in the Ring. Word to @Broletariat, @Ari Gold Bawse, @Don Rhymus and @Tuaminator, lately I've been trying to get into boxing and watched a bunch of FOTYs and good rated fights post 2000. I've been enjoying watching a few boxers and I guess that'll make me root for them now : Imam, Matthysse, Golovkin. They all have different styles though the last two could appear similar but they all look interesting to follow above all Imam which boxing style I find really proper, above all his use of the jab.

I watched the fight today (because it was way too late for here) by torrenting it this morning trying to avoid getting spoiled doing so (eyes almost closed while browsing :mjlol:). Thanks to the Russians for the impeccable quality of their rip game (720p, 60fps, 2GB, English commentary, all that on fleek ready to be downloaded this morning). I'm not really going to discuss much about the fight, I already commented in the official thread but this fight was a good example of how to box and how not to imo. I was rooting for Pac but couldn't help but be impressed by Floyd's boxing skills. He did not make me a fan but I can do nothing else but respect the fundamentals he displayed tomorrow.

I didn't find the fight boring but underwhelming. But it was not Floyd's fault because he did what he always does, perfectly (though I didn't like the clenching in the first few rounds, which was something plenty here hated when it was done by Wlad Klitschko). To me, the fault is on Pac (not directly but still) who was not able to impose his style and was disappointing. I thought it was because of the Marquez KO and reading a few comments on the fight, people also think that this KO made him more cautious. And on top of that, Floyd's style nullifies his opponents and disarm their weapons and even a good attacking fighter like Pac got tamed. It's really Impressive.

Also I may start boxing (just to learn the science, not to fight competitively) in September and that's also the reason I try to get my boxing knowledge up.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
why are these people invading our thread :dwillhuh: