Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Agree. We need a new star anyway. I(magine Thurman-Crawford in 5 years if both undefeated ?

Agree with you, but the fight was not boring. Far from it

which judge gave Floyd 120 on their card ? :sas2:

By mega fight standards Floyd/Pac was boring...just like Tito/Oscar as a mega fight was boring.

Now were those fights as boring as JMM/Gainer or Taylor/Spinks. Heavens no. There's levels to this shyt, but those fights were still boring.

If you thought Floyd/Pac was a good fight then yeah, that's cool, but I as well as others would disagree with you.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
saw an article calling the fight boring saying Mayweather was a smart businessman cause he strategically puts his fights on the big Kentucky Derby weekend :heh:

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
What next for Floyd & Manny? :patrice:

Canelo V Kirkland next week :wow:

The surrealism of waiting 6 yrs will have worn off.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
dont mind @Mook..hes trolling..he's a maidana stan..weak chinned khan won a clear decision over him and managed to hurt him worse than floyd did plus drop him...to sum khan > maidana..right @Mook ? :smugfavre:

How are you drunk at 9am?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I didn't find the fight boring at all...I thought Floyd Chino 2 was boring

Manny can not throw the same amount of punches as Floyd N think you can win like that...if nikkas wanna say it was boring :deadmanny: is the reason why

Some of the rounds were close... There was even one round where I thought Floyd won but ended up scoring for PAC because he landed some late punches N I felt the judges would give him the round because of that

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Nothing really.. Floyd fought very cautiously and never really stepped out his confort zone tgo try and stop Manny like I knew he would since thats the most efficient way for him to win. I cant hate on it cause it would've be so dumb on his part to try and stand toe to toe and war with a guy like Manny..

I was suprised that when Manny would catch Floyd with a good shot he wouldn't go for the kill and let his hands go, like he was second guessing himself.. I believe it could be the effect from the marquez KO..

I been trying to tell you breh. It's been obvious to me that's what it was for a while now. He's still the same Manny, but he's alot more cautious due to getting caught going for the kill by JMM.

I think Broner is dealing with this as well to be honest

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I didn't find the fight boring at all...I thought Floyd Chino 2 was boring

Manny can not throw the same amount of punches as Floyd N think you can win like that...if nikkas wanna say it was boring :deadmanny: is the reason why

Some of the rounds were close... There was even one round where I thought Floyd won but ended up scoring for PAC because he landed some late punches N I felt the judges would give him the round because of that

There were alot of close rounds...you're right. I didn't think it was boring either.

***Side note*** (not directed at you, just in general)

Just because a fighter wins 10-2 on a scorecard doesn't necessarily mean he "dominated". Alot of times, he could've done just enough to edge the close rounds (which is how I thought Floyd won 10-2. There were about 2-3 rounds that I thought were close and my preference for pure boxing/movement edged it to Floyd).

This fight could've been scored anywhere from 116-112 or 118-110 imo.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
There were alot of close rounds...you're right. I didn't think it was boring either.

***Side note*** (not directed at you, just in general)

Just because a fighter wins 10-2 on a scorecard doesn't necessarily mean he "dominated". Alot of times, he could've done just enough to edge the close rounds (which is how I thought Floyd won 10-2. There were about 2-3 rounds that I thought were close and my preference for pure boxing/movement edged it to Floyd).

This fight could've been scored anywhere from 116-112 or 118-110 imo.

I watched 6 rounds before I had to stop or the boredom would kill me.

This nikka treated manny like a fukking child :mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Agree. We need a new star anyway. I(magine Thurman-Crawford in 5 years if both undefeated ?

Agree with you, but the fight was not boring. Far from it

which judge gave Floyd 120 on their card ? :sas2:
I really hope Arum doesn't try to push Crawford too fast in a money grab and actually lets dude grow into the fighter I think he can be.
And I am still actively trying to wish into the universe a fight between ya dude Berto and Broner. Both of them fought around the same time and suffered no type of injury so a June bout would be perfect.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He did dominate the entire fight...what did Paq do??...LOL at you clowns...but I know alot you were pulling for Paq....
Dude wasn't nobody pulling for Pac in any overwhelming numbers in this forum.
Look at the poll from the official fight thread:
5NseSTu.jpg

Most of us figured it would be a Floyd decision win. I personally didn't expect him to use so much movement as he did but a terribly non-entertaining Floyd victory by decision was the consensus here.
You'd know that though if you actually posted here regularly instead of just showing up to fly your Stan flag for a few days.:sas2:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I really hope Arum doesn't try to push Crawford too fast in a money grab and actually lets dude grow into the fighter I think he can be.
And I am still actively trying to wish into the universe a fight between ya dude Berto and Broner. Both of them fought around the same time and suffered no type of injury so a June bout would be perfect.

Berto would kill Broner if he comes out with the same gameplan as Maidana. Berto hits hard