Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
My bad for bein off topic, on page 1,479 out of 1,491. But I finally watched Mora on FNF(never watched the contender) this clown won the WBC belt yrs ago & was sayin Kneeguel can fight him?
pqCbreH.png
seriously im confused he beat my nikka who K'ed Mosley cryin ass? :francis:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
My bad for bein off topic, on page 1,479 out of 1,491. But I finally watched Mora on FNF(never watched the contender) this clown won the WBC belt yrs ago & was sayin Kneeguel can fight him?
pqCbreH.png
seriously im confused he beat my nikka who K'ed Mosley cryin ass? :francis:

yeah mora outslicked and outworked an out of shape viper (RIP)..shyt made me :smh: but viper got that back though (in his last fight though :sadcam:)

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
yeah mora outslicked and outworked an out of shape viper (RIP)..shyt made me :smh: but viper got that back though (in his last fight though :sadcam:)

I honestly though the 1st Mora/Forrest fight could of been a draw. Forrest definitely landed the better shots, but his gameplan was all wrong so he couldn't nullify dude like he was supposed to.

He fixed that problem in the rematch though and kicked his ass something fierce. (RIP)

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Breh who you think got the best textbook right cross since the mid 90's? Please support with GIF's
in the 90's i think g man threw the hardest straight right hand and the best technically thrown straight right hand belonged to terry norris. power is an expression of accelerated body weight meaning that your body weight is what you actually punch people with. when you throw a right hand what you are actually throwing is your body weight from back to front. a long time ago fighters fought out of a stance that placed their body weight over the back leg rather than evenly over each leg and it maximized the amount of weight that they could move from back to front when they threw the right hand. this stance has some advantages. pushing off from body weight over the back leg stepping in with a hard jab that is carrying your full body weight and a sideways angle to maximize what we would understand today as a shoulder roll. bob foster fought out of that very sideways angle and one of his opponents commented that foster was so hard to hit the angle he gave you was like a razor edge and how he would turn that shoulder on you and disappear from you.

6rxSAJc.jpg

today fighters are taught not to fight out of this stance but the principle of moving weight is still the same. when you look at right hands what you are looking for is how a fighter moves body weight from back to front. your body weight is what you punch with. you are looking at the legs to see how he gets weight to move from one leg over to the other. he should end with most of his body weight over his front leg. to get most of his body weight to end over his front leg he needs to have both legs under at roughly a shoulder width not too wide or body weight will distribute too evenly over each leg. as hips and right shoulder are turning front leg should feel like the hinge on a door slamming shut. front leg ends relatively straight not bent at knee and back leg ends bent at the knee and on ball of the foot demonstrating that body weight has completely transferred from back leg to front leg. as hips and right shoulder turn the head will naturally start slipping and end above and slightly over the front leg as the arm is fully extended. hips will square as arm fully extends with right shoulder in front of the left shoulder and on a slightly higher plane than the left shoulder. left side of body will feel like a hinge and right side of body will feel like a door slamming. body weight ends over front leg naturally loading up body weight into your left hook.

lA5OfG2.gif

Daps

Mora is the classic case of a guy who doesn't get up for every fight. It looked like after Taylor and the belt went off the table so did his ethic in this camp. Mora had 6 good rounds in him and then seemed gassed as I had him winning 5-1 early and surviving just barely to win two on the back end. It was befuddling for someone with his skill set, but not surprising with how bad his footwork and balance is at times. Mora doesn't generate partially , because he does not have his feet in the idle spots and makes silly mistakes like bring his back foot to his lead leg.

I still think that when in shape and when he is just moving and pitty patting, he is a threat to take anyone to a split decision.

Looks like Kirkland won't be training with Ann Wolfe for the Canelo fight

Welp, Kirkland is coming in out of shape for this fight.