Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
right....when floyd stans get on their soapbox to defend floyd and his inability to stop cats..they are quick to say "he doesn't need to do that...he uses his head,...the object is to hit and not get hit"..fine but when pac boxed rios ears off and took almost no damage while beating him senseless..they were like "oh its boring where's the action..i thought rios or pac was going to get the KO"...the pure hypocritical bullshyt:stopitslime:
Rios landed 43% of his power shots cut that "Boxing" shyt out...............

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
This......

I dont know nikkas is playing stupid, like Rios didnt get his ass whooped and been hurt much much more than the Manny match, bottom line is Rios was Tailor made for a pretty ko for a puncher like Manny, and not only he couldnt really hurt a fighter that shown he was venerable over and over, a fighter that only had 2 fights at 140(both in which he looked like shyt), a fighter that was dragged up to 147, at Manny's convenience and he still couldn't close that deal
Manny is a volume puncher..

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
that 3rd fight I had it a draw.. There were at least 4 rounds that could've went either way... How did you have it a clear victory? Just curious..

Breh, that fight was 2 1/2 years ago.....I would have to go back and watch it again and tell you.

I just remember thinking that JMM had that fight in the bag. Score around 116-112 or at worst 115-113. I knew JMM got robbed, I cant remember the rounds I scored for which though.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Breh, that fight was 2 1/2 years ago.....I would have to go back and watch it again and tell you.

I just remember thinking that JMM had that fight in the bag. Score around 116-112 or at worst 115-113. I knew JMM got robbed, I cant remember the rounds I scored for which though.
Scored it 9-3, with JMM closing out 3 of the last 4 rounds...........

I knew their would be issues when Manny was stumbling around the ring swinging at air like a drunk fool and they were giving him props in like round 11, and Emmanuel tried to set them straight....Then fast forward to them acting like JMM went on his bicycle on his De la Hoya shyt, when he clearly was out landing Manny and boxing......After this I knew a robbery was about to happen.....

Any nikka on the stance that fight 3 was a close fight or a Manny win, simply post just one Manny highlight, truthfully he aint land not one significant punch there.....

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Yea i'd appreciate it cause 15-13 isn't a decisive win nor is it a robbery especially when you have so many rounds that could ve gone either way.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Yea i'd appreciate it cause 15-13 isn't a decisive win nor is it a robbery especially when you have so many rounds that could ve gone either way.

Then I had it 116-112:manny:

Either way, I knew JMM had won that fight and it was obviously a robbery to me.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Scored it 9-3, with JMM closing out 3 of the last 4 rounds...........

I knew their would be issues when Manny was stumbling around the ring swinging at air like a drunk fool and they were giving him props in like round 11, and Emmanuel tried to set them straight....Then fast forward to them acting like JMM went on his bicycle on his De la Hoya shyt, when he clearly was out landing Manny and boxing......After this I knew a robbery was about to happen.....

Any nikka on the stance that fight 3 was a close fight or a Manny win, simply post just one Manny highlight, truthfully he aint land not one significant punch there.....
Marquez only won 1 of the last 4 rounds decisively... Round 10..

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Donaire suffers from Roy Jones Jr syndrome. Too damn good for his own good for too damn long, but instead of a weight draining decision being his undoing, he got comfortable and those elite opponents (Darchiniyan, Montiel, Rigo) came too far apart. Dude got so used to dominating C and B level guys with just his talent an athleticism, that he forgot that it takes more than that sometimes to beat elite guys (Rigo) Half assed his training for that fight and the rest is history. He even struggled to stop a guy he KO'ed like 6 -7 years ago in the Vic rematch.

shyt's fukked up in a sense, because more people will remember the Rigo performance/loss rather than all that other raw shyt he was doing like that Dempsey Roll KO he had, or starching Vic and Montiel. Just like you got nikkas out there that think Roy was always some bum after getting stopped by Tarver. It's like the 14 years he was on top don't even matter. :snoop:

Some people see it, some buy into the hype. I never saw it with him, he has power but at times looks sloppy as hell. That contrast was very apparent in the Rigo fight, this might have affected him more than we think .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This......

I dont know nikkas is playing stupid, like Rios didnt get his ass whooped and been hurt much much more than the Manny match, bottom line is Rios was Tailor made for a pretty ko for a puncher like Manny, and not only he couldnt really hurt a fighter that shown he was venerable over and over, a fighter that only had 2 fights at 140(both in which he looked like shyt), a fighter that was dragged up to 147, at Manny's convenience and he still couldn't close that deal

dragged up? rios wasn't even making 147 and could barely make 140 without looking like thinner....wouldn't use the term dragged up for that :russ:he fought alvarado at 140 and was split 1-1...both of those fights were FOTY candidates..the only bad thing you can say about rios in those fights is he didnt want to box which cost him in the rematch but he def didnt look bad at 140
one and only one of his rios fights was he ever in trouble to the point of getting ko'ed and it was from the mexican journeyman who dropped him twice in the first round when he was a lightweight..and the problem with ppl hurting rios is that rios hurt them back and most of them couldn't take it....rios ko'ed that cat who dropped him....rios all but ruined acosta...alvarado hurt rios but was ko'ed by him in the first fight and rios would have repeated that KO in the rematch if alvarado didn't switch gears late to get a close dec victory...abril outboxed a severely weight drained rios but neither hurt each other...manny outboxed him and hurt him and was not hurt or bother by rios in any significant way

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
the montiel going into convulsions ko and the paul williams seeing God ko were two of the most violent knockouts in recent memory for me

when montiel got hit with that counter left hook this was my reaction

maxresdefault.jpg

when punisher got his equilibrium sent to the bushes I was like

tumblr_m8j1s8Itzr1qbo1a5.gif

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
the montiel going into convulsions ko and the paul williams seeing God ko were two of the most violent knockouts in recent memory for me

You must didnt see the Deontay Wilder KO of Sergei Liakovich yet:mjpls:

That was definitely one for the ages:wow:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
dragged up? rios wasn't even making 147 and could barely make 140 without looking like thinner....wouldn't use the term dragged up for that :russ:he fought alvarado at 140 and was split 1-1...both of those fights were FOTY candidates..the only bad thing you can say about rios in those fights is he didnt want to box which cost him in the rematch but he def didnt look bad at 140
one and only one of his rios fights was he ever in trouble to the point of getting ko'ed and it was from the mexican journeyman who dropped him twice in the first round when he was a lightweight..and the problem with ppl hurting rios is that rios hurt them back and most of them couldn't take it....rios ko'ed that cat who dropped him....rios all but ruined acosta...alvarado hurt rios but was ko'ed by him in the first fight and rios would have repeated that KO in the rematch if alvarado didn't switch gears late to get a close dec victory...abril outboxed a severely weight drained rios but neither hurt each other...manny outboxed him and hurt him and was not hurt or bother by rios in any significant way
Firstly miss me with this 1-1 shyt with Mike, Rios got lucky as fukk there wih the quick stoppage,in a fight he damn near lost every round, being buzzed over and over...

I like how you completely ignore Manny saying he got the shyt hurt out of him by Rios very bad and it was very hard for him to continue....:pacspit:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You