Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I love this sideway talk directed at Broner.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/3/2...ature-amir-khan-vs-luis-collazo-broner-molina

Despite changing opponents, it appears that Broner will still fight on the undercard. However, it won't be against John Molina. Instead, Broner could be facing Carlos Molina, the lightweight one. This is not, I repeat, IS NOT, the same Carlos Molina who was arrested before the Canelo Alvarez - Alfredo Angulo PPV. This is the guy who lost every round to Khan in December 2012 and hasn't been in a ring since.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Yeah Sure.....

But talking about that round 10, JMM could have stopped Manny there if he stepped it up, Manny aint throw for almost 2 minutes after eating a right and getting his eye busted
rewatched it last month and lederman scored round 10 to manny smh

what a joke

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/3/2...ature-amir-khan-vs-luis-collazo-broner-molina

Despite changing opponents, it appears that Broner will still fight on the undercard. However, it won't be against John Molina. Instead, Broner could be facing Carlos Molina, the lightweight one. This is not, I repeat, IS NOT, the same Carlos Molina who was arrested before the Canelo Alvarez - Alfredo Angulo PPV. This is the guy who lost every round to Khan in December 2012 and hasn't been in a ring since.

All these Molina's be confusing the fukk out of me

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

The Broner vs Molina is a fight that Haymon/GB is using to bring the casuals back onto Broner's bandwagon. It can NOT be any struggle at all and he must look extremely dominant in a fight like this. If he doesnt, we can expect Broner to be fed to Danny Garcia or Matthysse in his very next fight.

This is supposed to be a "showcase" fight for Broner.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael's chat:

-HBO says Mikey Garcia AND Gamboa have overpriced themselves so far
-WBO ordered Lomachenko and Russell Jr to fight for the title. Lomachenko said absolutely yes. GRJ is still TBA.
-Chances of GGG-JCC are very good. Will have an article up soon on it.
-Strong possibility of Collazo-Khan on Mayweather undercard
-Donaire fighting in Macau on May 31 for 126 lb title (vs Simpiwe Vetyeka - last defeated Chris John)
-If Garcia stays at 140 he does not see Peterson or Broner being opponents for his next fight
-Bob Arum is interested in trying to make Mikey Garcia vs Uchiyama
-4/26 card with Matthysse and Thurman could add Figueroa Jr to the card as well
-If Quillin wins, Schaefer wants to make Quillin-Jacobs this summer

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Dan Rafael's chat:

-HBO says Mikey Garcia AND Gamboa have overpriced themselves so far

I told yall Mikey was asking for a lot of money himself:mjpls:

-WBO ordered Lomachenko and Russell Jr to fight for the title. Lomachenko said absolutely yes. GRJ is still TBA.

@patscorpio :mjpls:

-Chances of GGG-JCC are very good. Will have an article up soon on it.

GGG's gonna be KO'd:blessed:

#ChavezCoalition

-Strong possibility of Collazo-Khan on Mayweather undercard
-Donaire fighting in Macau on May 31 for 126 lb title (vs Simpiwe Vetyeka - last defeated Chris John)
-If Garcia stays at 140 he does not see Peterson or Broner being opponents for his next fight
-Bob Arum is interested in trying to make Mikey Garcia vs Uchiyama
-4/26 card with Matthysse and Thurman could add Figueroa Jr to the card as well

Who will Garcia fight then if he stays at 140 and doesnt fight Peterson or Broner next? He already beat Judah and I dont think they're keen on giving Matthysse OR Herrera a rematch:dwillhuh:

#swiftset? What's next for your boy?

@ChocolateGiddyUp, @King P, @Skip b, @yawn

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
we will wait and see what gary russ does :manny:
i bet you anything they are looking for somebody thats tailor made for him and a little worn or inexperienced so danny won't have to use his brain too much. he has rican fans to impress after all lol

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The Broner vs Molina is a fight that Haymon/GB is using to bring the casuals back onto Broner's bandwagon. It can NOT be any struggle at all and he must look extremely dominant in a fight like this. If he doesnt, we can expect Broner to be fed to Danny Garcia or Matthysse in his very next fight.

This is supposed to be a "showcase" fight for Broner.

Yeah, they're definately playing chess from an entertainment standpoint. I missed the Garcia fight, messed around and passed out, but his showing wasn't very good from what I gather. I'm wondering if his brand has been harmed now. They might need to do some rebuilding with him.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
we will wait and see what gary russ does :manny:
i bet you anything they are looking for somebody thats tailor made for him and a little worn or inexperienced so danny won't have to use his brain too much. he has rican fans to impress after all lol

I bet Carlos Molina is looking like a great opponent for #swiftset now:heh:

Q Money

Rookie
Daps
@patscorpio :salute:
This is it right here. Rios was a skeleton at 140 and then when he moved up to 147 he couldn't even make weight. Rios is literall 40 pounds heavier than Manny outside of the ring. We all know that when a guy cuts that much weight his punch resistance goes down. Rios had great punch resistance at 140, so we not gonna act like dude should be able to take world class punches at 147. :stopitslime:
Throw in the fact that at 147 Pacquiao is not a super puncher. He is an accumulation puncher now. At the lower weights he had that freaky power that got everyone jocking his punching ability. At fights above 140...where Pacquiao typically weighs 144...he has 9 fights with only 2 stoppages (Cotto, DLH). That is a KO% of 22%. That is enough to see that he isn't a KO artist at higher weights.

And know people are thinking Rios looked like he was getting beat up in the first Alvarado fight? :what: Rios was going back to the corner every round saying "I love this shyt". Rios was in it for a war to the end and would never stop. There is a reason why Alvarado quit going to war with Rios in the second fight and struggle boxed from the outside down the stretch.

Breh, you making it seem like Rios is the second coming of Antonio Margarita. He's not even a poor man's version of Antonio Margarita. When you think of a world class chin, you think of Hagler, Hopkins, Toney... Brandon Rios is definitely not a name that comes up in that conversation. How would we even know if he had great punch resistance at 140? Because he fought two fights at 140 against Mike Alvarado? :comeon:Dude fought his whole career walking around at 170 then shrinking down to lightweight. Once he moved up in weight the physical advantages he had at lightweight were gone and he wasn't shyt. Dude got his ass handed to him at 147, but before the Pacquiao fight he was saying, " I feel so great, don't have to cut weight, blahzay blahzay", once Pac sent him home packing next thing out of his mouth was "147 was out of my weight class, 140 is where I should be fighting". :banderas: Dude was dragged up to 147 for a payday, that performance against Pacquiao was pathetic.
When he faces punchers like Provodnikov, Thurman, Matthysse, then we'll see if his chin is really as :gladbron: as you guys make it out to be. Until then, all I see is a boxer who is already showing signs of pugilistic dementia (dikk, fool) and is a glutton for punishment, coupled with the fact that he doesn't bother to keep his weight in check between fights.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I told yall Mikey was asking for a lot of money himself:mjpls:

@patscorpio :mjpls:

GGG's gonna be KO'd:blessed:

#ChavezCoalition

Who will Garcia fight then if he stays at 140 and doesnt fight Peterson or Broner next? He already beat Judah and I dont think they're keen on giving Matthysse OR Herrera a rematch:dwillhuh:

#swiftset? What's next for your boy?

@ChocolateGiddyUp, @King P, @Skip b, @yawn

Pats hate for #swiftset:ahh:

prolly Aydin or Postal:scusthov:

If it ain't a rematch with Herrera or the Peterson fight 140 needs to hit the bushes:camby:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Breh, you making it seem like Rios is the second coming of Antonio Margarita. He's not even a poor man's version of Antonio Margarita. When you think of a world class chin, you think of Hagler, Hopkins, Toney... Brandon Rios is definitely not a name that comes up in that conversation. How would we even know if he had great punch resistance at 140? Because he fought two fights at 140 against Mike Alvarado? :comeon:Dude fought his whole career walking around at 170 then shrinking down to lightweight. Once he moved up in weight the physical advantages he had at lightweight were gone and he wasn't shyt. Dude got his ass handed to him at 147, but before the Pacquiao fight he was saying, " I feel so great, don't have to cut weight, blahzay blahzay", once Pac sent him home packing next thing out of his mouth was "147 was out of my weight class, 140 is where I should be fighting". :banderas: Dude was dragged up to 147 for a payday, that performance against Pacquiao was pathetic.
When he faces punchers like Provodnikov, Thurman, Matthysse, then we'll see if his chin is really as :gladbron: as you guys make it out to be. Until then, all I see is a boxer who is already showing signs of pugilistic dementia (dikk, fool) and is a glutton for punishment, coupled with the fact that he doesn't bother to keep his weight in check between fights.
No one is saying his chin is world class, just that he can take a solid punch. He ate the best shots from Alvarado and Manny like Scooby snacks. Nothing more, nothing less. I am just trying to throw off the dudes who claiming Rios' chin ain't shyt.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Pats hate for #swiftset:ahh:

prolly Aydin or Postal:scusthov:

If it ain't a rematch with Herrera or the Peterson fight 140 needs to hit the bushes:camby:

no hate for swiftset but its pretty clear danny isn't as elite as you and others think he is :umad:...pray that he improves his ring intelligence....on the flipside i can't wait to get rid of this silly ass avi come tuesday morn and back to the avi of my superman-esque physique ...i dont like having struggle associated with my screenname :scusthov: